SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-08-2011, 10:39 PM
Sage User

UI hang detected error

Howdy!

I have been getting a lot of Sage freezes lately and wonder if anyone has any insight. It typically occurs after the computer wakes up from sleep, although it has happened at other times. It also usually occurs when I'm in full screen mode. I get the spinning circle of death and the main menu is completely unresponsive. I have to kill the two SageTV.exe processes from the task manager, and then warm boot the computer because restarting it from the windows start menu hangs as well.

I realize that this is a bit of a needle in a haystack. I have attached an excerpt of a recent debug log if it helps. If there is additional information needed, please let me know. Also, should I submit a bug report?

Thanks in advance.
Attached Files
File Type: txt copy2 of sagetv_3.txt (231.0 KB, 181 views)
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard; AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor; 8 GB RAM; Asus NVidia GeForce GT 430; 1x1000 GB WD SATA HDD (apps, photos, music), 1x1000 GB WD SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Sonata Case; Windows 7 HP 64-bit; SageTV V7.023.246; 1xHauppauge HD-PVR

Video sources: DirecTV H21 receiver controlled with Paterson Technology device
Old 02-13-2011, 07:05 PM
Sage User

Anybody?

It happened again this afternoon. I noticed that the computer was not going to sleep so I checked on it, and there it was, in the system tray, completely unresponsive to any commands, either via remote or mouse, to come up in its window. I could not end the process through the task manager, so my only option was to reboot Windows, but again, it hangs upon exiting Windows, so at that point I can only press the button on the case to get things going again.

It skipped a recording at some point this afternoon.

I was going to include portions of the log file, but for some strange reason there is a gap between the log files, and it omits the section of time where the errors were occurring.

If I recall correctly, I remember seeing an entry related to a screen saver time out. Not sure what that means, but my problems seem to be related to screen savers and waking up from sleep. Often times the HD-PVR drops out and the log files state that there is no capture device.

Can anybody shed some light on this? It's really starting to annoy me because of this unreliabiilty. Thanks.
HTPC: Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H Motherboard; AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Processor; 8 GB RAM; Asus NVidia GeForce GT 430; 1x1000 GB WD SATA HDD (apps, photos, music), 1x1000 GB WD SATA HDD (Recordings); Antec Sonata Case; Windows 7 HP 64-bit; SageTV V7.023.246; 1xHauppauge HD-PVR

Old 02-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Sage User

This problem seems to gone away after I did the following:

(1) Disabled screen saver (I tried using both the photo and the Sage logo),
(2) Toggled off full screen when not using it to watch recordings navigate any menus
(3) Always toggle full screen before putting Sage to sleep.

These changes have made my system stable for the last couple of weeks, no issues, no missed recordings, no hangs.

Anybody else experience this or have problems with the screen saver?