SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-30-2011, 11:20 PM
Sage User

SageTV Playback question

As I have indicated before I am an in-experienced newbie.

I have successfully been able to setup my SageTV system to record a scheduled movie to the HD on my laptop (which is functioning as the SageTV Server).

I would like to be able to view this recording on my Philips 42" HDTV.

I am using the HD-PVR as the capture device and my service provider is Verizon (FiOS TV).

I have tried to read the SageTV manual to understand how to send the audio/video recording output to my HDTV but no luck.

I have connected the component cables to the in/out of the HD-PVR and have connected the other ends to the component ports of the STB and the HDTV itself. I have taken care to ensure that the component in cable (at the HD-PVR) is connected back to the component in at the STB. I have also made sure the component out cable at the back of the HD-PVR is connected to the component in of the HDTV.

So my question is how do I switch from laptop/desktop playback/viewing mode to viewing on my HDTV. Note this is not the TV in the bedrooms or office but in fact is the base TV that is directly connected to the HD-PVR and the STP.

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thank you.

P.S my apologies if this is an inappropriate post for this topic or if it has already been addressed.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

Does your laptop have an HDMI output port? Or does the TV have an RGB input?
If your laptop is the sage server you won't be outputting to the TV from the hd-pvr. You'll need to have the laptop hooked to the TV as if it's simply an output device. Swap the screen to the TV only (usually FN + F8). Bring up the Sage interface and play.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7
Old 01-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage User

Hi GollyJer:

Thank you so much for your kind reply. My DT does not have an HDMI port but it does have an VGA/RGB connector. I think (thanks to you) I now understand how to address this problem.

I have decided to buy a VGA and YPbPr to HDMI 720p Converter 9393 device which will automatically do 720p scaling for me. It will accept from my DT either a VGA or component signals and output HDMI to my HDTV with the appropriate resolution. I will then use your hint to toggle between screens.

Thanks again!

I will let you know how this works for me when I get done with my setup.

Best Regards,

Tags
hdtv, recording playback