SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 01-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Sage User

subtitles wont work when play an iso dvd

After using mythtv for a while now, i decided to test the SAGETV again, i still have the ver 6 license key that i purchased on 2009, but i downloaded the latest version to check the improvements.

One of the many things that i was looking into was to be able to play ISO files on my server, client and extender.

im only testing it on a windows 7 machine, but the main idea is to use the mythtv machine with 2 pvr-150 and 2TB of HDD space.

After working with it a while, i realize that when i play an iso, it allow me to choose the subtitle option, but it doesnt show up in the screen.

I remember to had similar problems with the MediaMVP thats why i decided to sell it in the past (i was not able to view avi files with SRT subs)

So basically, the way things work now, it will be the way to go. (if im able to play isos correctly on the extender, then i will go for the HD300, otherwise i will go for the WDTV Live Plus, who does support DVD/BD ISOs and AVI with SRTs) but will loose the LIVE TV part of the client.

Any hints on how to solve this puzzle?
Old 01-27-2011, 10:46 AM
SageTVaholic

Choose a different video renderer and decoder. Not all of them support the overlay of subtitles.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:00 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Choose a different video renderer and decoder. Not all of them support the overlay of subtitles.

Gerry
which one do you recommend?
the SAGETV renderer only gives me a black screen, and the Microsoft Codec shows video but not subs...
Old 01-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Sage User

fixed!

after try several codecs, finally its working!!

now i need to move on to the next problem, since i have only 20 days to make everything works (trial period)

My next problem is on the client pc, when i try to run the iso, it appears the following error PlaybackExceptionError (-3,0x80070057) There was a problem accessing the file system for playback.

i tried different videos, and all plays fine (except the mp4 that i get error sage.PlaybackException: ERROR (-5,0x80040200):
There was a problem rendering the audio portion of
the content for payback.
Old 01-27-2011, 11:52 AM
SageTVaholic

For ISOs to work on Windows this requires the free application Virtual Clone
Drive to be installed.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
For ISOs to work on Windows this requires the free application Virtual Clone
Drive to be installed.

Gerry
Fixed! i had installed VCD on the server, but not on the client, didnt realize that it wasnt streaming...

Also the sound was fixed after i installed the K-Lite Codec Pack

the only thing is that video is a little choppy, will try the powerdvd codec to check if it improves something...

My next step is to try to make this Serial Lirc to work with an MCE remote.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DB9-Serial-IR-Re...91712391643227

After that it will be only a matter of configuring the TV Signal and XMLTV for Argentinian Listings (this step was ok back in 2009, thats why i left it as last effort)
Old 01-27-2011, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanquef View Post
Fixed! i had installed VCD on the server, but not on the client, didnt realize that it wasnt streaming...

Also the sound was fixed after i installed the K-Lite Codec Pack

the only thing is that video is a little choppy, will try the powerdvd codec to check if it improves something...

My next step is to try to make this Serial Lirc to work with an MCE remote.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DB9-Serial-IR-Re...91712391643227

After that it will be only a matter of configuring the TV Signal and XMLTV for Argentinian Listings (this step was ok back in 2009, thats why i left it as last effort)
solved!

ended up using WinLirc with EventGhost, they both work very good with my system.

the last step is to load the tuner and XMLTV and see how they work together...

one quick question, if i have 1 server and 2 clients, do i need to purchase 2 client licenses? or only 1 server and 1 client?
Old 01-27-2011, 05:42 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanquef View Post
one quick question, if i have 1 server and 2 clients, do i need to purchase 2 client licenses? or only 1 server and 1 client?
Client is licensed per seat so you would need 2 client licenses.
Old 01-28-2011, 07:27 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectrum View Post
Client is licensed per seat so you would need 2 client licenses.
Ok, is good to know, i guess i will get only 1, and then buy an extender for the other room.

About the XMLTV part, not so good, cause the Argentinian grabber no longer works, so no EPG for me until they fix it...