SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Sage My Movies
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Sage My Movies This forums is for discussing the user-created Sage My Movies for SageTV.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:12 PM
SageTVaholic

More than willing to help. Just been busy. Should have some time this weekend.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Sage User

Thank you that will be great. I appreciate it very much. Not pushing, just wasn't sure if it was unfixable or not. Just let me know how I can help. Thanks again, Scott
Old 02-08-2011, 03:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Grey

Had a look at the logs. The extender log never shows a rescan of the datafile happening. The server log however shows me entries like this

Code:
16:58:55,468 [Timer-0] AutomatedPlugin TRACE- SageObjectSize=21 - [smm.UpdateDatabases.GetSageMediaFiles(UpdateDatabases.java:59)] 
16:58:55,468 [Timer-0] AutomatedPlugin TRACE- SageObject Path=\\SERVER\Movies\The Penguins of Madagascar - [smm.UpdateDatabases.GetSageMediaFiles(UpdateDatabases.java:60)] 
16:58:55,468 [Timer-0] AutomatedPlugin TRACE- SageObject Current Size=1 - [smm.UpdateDatabases.GetSageMediaFiles(UpdateDatabases.java:66)] 
16:58:55,468 [Timer-0] AutomatedPlugin TRACE- Added id's for path=\\SERVER\Movies\The Penguins of Madagascar,total ids=1 - [smm.UpdateDatabases.GetSageMediaFiles(UpdateDatabases.java:74)]
Which tell me the movie was linked correctly and should play. I think you may have to many scans going on at a time.

What I would like to see you do is this all from the hd300

first stop the sagetv service and delete any exisitng mymovies logs form the logs folder

start the service and go to extender

on the extender go into the default video library make sure a movie will play

once you verify that it will play

go into setup-plugins-installed plugins--general find the smm-api and configure. Go to the bottom and rebuild the datafile. (make sure the text changes to in process and the mymovies icons appears on the header bar).

Go back to main menu and wait for mymovies icon to disappear. Once it does go into any Mymovies view and try to play a movie by hitting enter if that doesn't work try hitting play directly. If nether work immediately grab all your mymovies logs from the log directory and let me see them.
Old 02-08-2011, 05:53 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
What I would like to see you do is this all from the hd300
OK, to be sure I did it the right way (since I don't think I can literally do it all from the HD300), I'll list what I did explicitly, so you will know exactly what I did do:

1. On the WHS desktop, from the WHS services snapin, stopped SageTV service
2. on the WHS desktop, via explorer, delete "C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\logs\* " ]
3. On the WHS desktop, from the WHS services snapin, started SageTV service
4. Now on the HD300
a. Powered on
b. On main HD300 screen, chose Videos, it shows all DVD's and BRD's. I selected a DVD Movie. It played correctly
c. Selected Sage TV Servers
d. Selected Video, then List (or Titles, forget what it's called, the first option)
e. This mode gives me an error that no titles are configured (or similar). Offers options to change the import folder, or rescan. Let me know if you need this exact error message.

f. I back out of there and Choose DVD/BR. This give me a graphical view of the movies in my folders, however NO BD covers are shown here, only DVD. I select the same DVD movie as in 4b. above, it plays correctly.
g. I follow: go into setup-plugins-installed plugins--general find the smm-api and configure. Go to the bottom and rebuild the datafile. (make sure the text changes to in process and the mymovies icons appears on the header bar).

The MM icon appears. I start backing out to the main menu. Before I get all the way back, the MM icon disappears

- I access Mymovies from the Video menu. Try to play a movie by hitting enter, then play. Neither work. I exit to the main menu and power the HD300 off.

I didn't get much in the way of a trace file. But it's a fatal so maybe a hint. Attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMMlogs.zip (495 Bytes, 133 views)

Last edited by getgray; 02-08-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: typos
Old 02-08-2011, 06:31 PM
Sage User

Trying to clear the Titles error, I accessed the Video>Title option and selected the update option. That didn't seem to do anything (see status icon descriptions that follow).

When I choose a update from Sage TV or from the SMM API, I get 2 icons on the status bar. One of them is a green thing with a checkerd looking top. I think it's supposed to be a movie "action" snapper thing. This is what I understood to be the SageMyMovies icon. I also get a white thing with a tiny hour glass. This is the icon (shown larger in the update dialog) that SageTV says will go away after it does it's update.

Those icons behave as follows:

The Hourglass icon shows up for maybe one second. Then goes away. Any update I do to trigger it, it only lasts a second or less.

The Green checkered icon (SMM?) comes on if I do one of these updates, including the method you had me do. I have tried to wait several minutes and I have found it stays on UNTIL I exit a screen. Exiting a screen makes it disappear at that instant. It does not appear to survive a screen change from the API where it is invoked. I only have a few movies stored until I get this working, I don't know how long it should take. But in any case the status SMM icon does not survice a screen change, backing out to the main menu.

I repeated your requested procedure above and this time it produced a log. I have attached that one.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SMMLogs2.zip (27.8 KB, 142 views)
Old 02-09-2011, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Gray do you have trailers or intros enabled?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:12 AM
Sage User

Not that I am aware of. If you tell me where to check I will verify.
Old 02-09-2011, 09:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgray View Post
Not that I am aware of. If you tell me where to check I will verify.
Not in front of my computer right now but should be in the options of smm either universal or play options can't remember off top of my head

also what other UI mod plugins do you have installed. I can see it calling and getting the sage mediafile to play so something is interfering with that getting passed to the player and that is what I am trying to determine.
Old 02-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Sage User

I am also not at the box now. It is at home. As soon as I get there I will look for the options in SMM settings and be sure I don not have them enabled. I haven't enabled anything along those lines intentionally. I'm trying to get the core thing working before tinkering with any extras.

As for the plug-ins, I have not installed any. Only what was auto-installed by installing the SMM plug-in. I will catalog and provide the list as soon as I get to the box.

Thank you.
Old 02-09-2011, 07:11 PM
Sage User

Plucky:

I decided to try something I had not tried yet. I removed the HD300's properties files on the server, reset it to it's factory defaults, then went through it's setup again. Didn't do anything differently really in that process. Went through the same process I went through above, checking each level. I still get a not Titles error on the SageTV video Icon>Titles option, but DVD's work.

After all of that SMM worked. So something in the HD300 had it hosed I guess. It appears to be working now.

Now I can start learning the interface. I'm sure I'll have some questions then.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully if somone else has similar problems they will read this and know to reset the HD300.

Here's to hoping whatever fixed it sticks.

Cheers,
Scott
Old 02-10-2011, 05:40 AM
SageTVaholic

Scott,

Good news probably a rogue setting somewhere since that fixed it. Anyhow glad you are up and running.