SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 03-09-2011, 11:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I like the idea of the "date dividers", but what purpose does an alpha divider serve? Then, again, I could see it being a great visual aid when "jumping" to groups beginning with that letter and showing you that you're there. It'd be great if this were a prelude to such a "jump" feature.
I use them in SMM heavily and love them for sorting by name especially when you have a large collection and like you said jumping. Dividers are one of my favorite features.
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I like the idea of the "date dividers", but what purpose does an alpha divider serve? Then, again, I could see it being a great visual aid when "jumping" to groups beginning with that letter and showing you that you're there. It'd be great if this were a prelude to such a "jump" feature.
alpha dividers would only be seen when sorting A-Z and in fact they might lead to a jump feature... personally id use the jump feature when sorting by date way more(ie 1 = 1day, 9 = 9 days)... but no promises
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
TVE does not support mouse navigation so that is the issue.
Darn, because what I saw looked really slick!
Old 03-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbeaulieu View Post
Darn, because what I saw looked really slick!
keyboard navigation works well for environments without a remote... i do all my development using the up/down/left/right keys... tracking focus for proper mouse navigation would be a major pita so i doubt I'll ever get around to making it work properly with a mouse...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-09-2011, 01:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
alpha dividers would only be seen when sorting A-Z
LOL! I knew that.

Quote:
and in fact they might lead to a jump feature... [snip] ... but no promises
Woo-hoo! ...maybe.

Quote:
personally id use the jump feature when sorting by date way more(ie 1 = 1day, 9 = 9 days)
With how far behind we normally are with TV shows, this wouldn't get much use in our house, but I do understand the benefit for people who prefer to watch things soon after they air.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 03-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
LOL! I knew that.

Quote:
With how far behind we normally are with TV shows, this wouldn't get much use in our house, but I do understand the benefit for people who prefer to watch things soon after they air.
well I would make a universal scaling factor to it... ie a property that sets a jump factor (ie keynumber * factor = jump) so you could make it days, weeks, 4 weeks, etc... and it would only operate on the group date...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am late to the party, but I thought I would chime in and say I really like this design. I am using the current TVExplorer and enjoying it quite a bit. Thanks for all your work on this.

Quote:
Another screenshot to share with everyone. More refinement of the ui and panels... Let me know what everyone thinks.

One thing I'm considering doing with this tweaking of the ui is to get rid of the customization of the height of the group (left) table. with the right side layed out the way it is it doesn't lend itself to being shrunk very easliy (currently not customizable... the overall height of the episode table is customizable but not the rest of it). So since the right really isnt customizable in height I'm thinking that left side shouldn't be either. Also when the banners are only on for the highlighted episode you can still see lots of the background fanart...

Anyway let me know your thoughts (full size image also attached...)

Old 03-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
something like this?
I really like this design. I like the small fanart background.

I also like the list w/ single banner but I would love to see it with the small fanart background.

Also, what do you think about using the "Guide" button instead of "options" to bring up all the additional sorting?
Old 03-13-2011, 08:25 AM
Sage Icon

Got a question. Sort the TV episodes by season/episode.
Have Movies grouped.
Since Movies don't have S-E, I guess they are being sorted by either Air or Added Date?

Is there any way to have the Movies sorted Alpha by Title (without The, A, etc being counted) while TV is S-E?
Old 03-13-2011, 11:34 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf View Post
Got a question. Sort the TV episodes by season/episode.
Have Movies grouped.
Since Movies don't have S-E, I guess they are being sorted by either Air or Added Date?

Is there any way to have the Movies sorted Alpha by Title (without The, A, etc being counted) while TV is S-E?
yes the movies are either being sorted by original air date or recorded date when using s-e group sorting (i forget which... the s-e sorting option is an original air date sort that corrects for episodes that have two shows on the same date... this is done so episodes that do not have s-e info (but do have orig air date) get sorted correctly)

currently there is no way to change the sorting of the movie group independently from the other groups... if you open an enhancement request on the project site then I won't forget about
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-13-2011, 11:39 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by limiter View Post
I am late to the party, but I thought I would chime in and say I really like this design. I am using the current TVExplorer and enjoying it quite a bit. Thanks for all your work on this.
thanks, thats my favorite too currently

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
I really like this design. I like the small fanart background.

I also like the list w/ single banner but I would love to see it with the small fanart background.

Also, what do you think about using the "Guide" button instead of "options" to bring up all the additional sorting?
I'll try to remember to post a screenshot of that next time I'm programming... "guide" seems unnatural to me to bring up an "options" menu, but I'll tell you what i should be able to make it configurable
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 03-13-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
yes the movies are either being sorted by original air date or recorded date when using s-e group sorting (i forget which... the s-e sorting option is an original air date sort that corrects for episodes that have two shows on the same date... this is done so episodes that do not have s-e info (but do have orig air date) get sorted correctly)

currently there is no way to change the sorting of the movie group independently from the other groups... if you open an enhancement request on the project site then I won't forget about
Can't believe I forgot to log that one. At least I know I'm not the only one who noticed.
Old 03-13-2011, 09:55 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
thanks, thats my favorite too currently

I'll try to remember to post a screenshot of that next time I'm programming... "guide" seems unnatural to me to bring up an "options" menu, but I'll tell you what i should be able to make it configurable
Sweet!
Old 03-15-2011, 01:06 PM
Sage Icon

Is this a bug? My mis-understanding? User error?

Have Filter set for Not Archived, but still see Archived Shows/Episodes

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Archive.jpg (39.5 KB, 318 views)
Old 03-15-2011, 02:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Is this a bug? My mis-understanding? User error?

Have Filter set for Not Archived, but still see Archived Shows/Episodes
What should be happening:
Archived - Only archived airings are shown
Not Archived - Only non archived airings are shown
No Filter - both archived and non archived airings are shown

Also by default the filters are reset every time TVE is loaded (ie entered). To change that behavior you need to set TVE Options -> Main -> Clear filters on menu load -> Disabled

I just tested this with the dev version (I'm not positive because I've changed a lot since the last released version but I imagine the behavior should be the same) and things seem to be working with one caveat: When you archive something in TVE the item is not removed from the episode list immediately, you need to manually reload the list. Which you can do by Filters -> Set and Close or by reloading tve. If you reload tve make sure the clear filters on menu load option i mentioned earlier is disabled.

If you open a bug on the project site I will remember to look at this to make sure changing the status of an airing or group of airings (watched, archived, deleted) is reflected immediately in the UI.
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Sage Icon

ok...changed the setting, and reloaded tve/reset filters....works now.
Old 03-16-2011, 11:20 AM
Sage Icon

Wrapping?

Any plans for TVE to be able to have the list wrap around?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Oh, God, no! Sorry, but I absolutely despise that "feature". It drove me insane in V6, too. I like being able to hold down the page up/down and quickly get to the top or bottom. I can't speak for razr, but I would imagine that could probably be made an option.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:28 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Any plans for TVE to be able to have the list wrap around?
Quote:
Oh, God, no! Sorry, but I absolutely despise that "feature". It drove me insane in V6, too. I like being able to hold down the page up/down and quickly get to the top or bottom. I can't speak for razr, but I would imagine that could probably be made an option.
im with skirge on that one wrap around lists are a PITA ... in sagemc i actually went through in studio and removed that "feature" for the places where it wasn't adjustable.... that being said open up an enhancement request on the project site so i dont forget about it.... it shouldnt be too hard to make it an option....
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-17-2011, 06:54 AM
Sage Icon

Thanks for being open to making it an optional configuration.

Enhancement request submitted