SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is great news... but is it possible for those of us using SageMC on v7 to use this? I miss seeing episode titles in TVE

lee
Old 01-16-2011, 08:19 AM
SageTVaholic

I just upgraded and now banners aren't working. I copied the entire SageTV directory beforehand, just for good measure, so I copied that back and banners returned. I'm doing the update once again and will see if I can find a log to post.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 01-16-2011, 08:34 AM
SageTVaholic

I'm not seeing anything in the logs I'm looking at, assuming I'm even in the right location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\logs

I also tried deleting the "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\TVExplorerBanners" folder and now I see that TVE isn't even recreating the folder as I browse.
Old 01-16-2011, 09:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Thanks for porting this over. This was one of my favorite plugins back in the the V6 SageMC days.

I have a couple of bugs to report.

1.) When I toggle between "Recorded" and "Recording Schedule" content, all of the items in the "Recording Schedule" view have the same banner. I have it set to display 10 banners and it grabs the first banner available and uses it for all items in the view.

Let me know if you need a screenshot.
no screenshot needed...I saw that a couple times in testing and then forgot about it...

Quote:
2.) There seems to be a minor bug/conflict w/ Fuzzy's "Recording Schedule Shortcut" UIMOD installed w/ this plugin. If you hit the REC button in TVExplorer it will pull up the default SageTV Recording schedule (as designed by fuzzy if you are at the main menu). This happens if you are in the Navigation Panel on the left or any of the settings menu's in TVE. Otherwise, REC in the Group or Episode Panels works as designed.
im unfamiliar with his plugin... what is supposed to happen?

Quote:
Lastly, is there a way to assign this as the default select behavior from the Main Menu ie.. select button when highlighting "TV"? Normally, hitting the "Favorite" button under the TV submenu on the item you want will assign this.
on my setup it is the favorite...but i don't think there is any way currently to unassign it... I'll see what i can do here as well

Quote:
Also, how do you enter a decimal/dot/period again? I keep forgetting and searches aren't turning up the results.
Not sure.. i was using a keyboard for my testing... If no one comes up with a way to enter a decimal from the remote though i may have to change all those values to be 0-100 rather then 0-1... So until someone figures out how to enter a dot... two options... hook up a keyboard to the extender... or configure everything on the server and save the TVE options and then call them up on the extender...
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 10:05 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skirge01 View Post
I just upgraded and now banners aren't working. I copied the entire SageTV directory beforehand, just for good measure, so I copied that back and banners returned. I'm doing the update once again and will see if I can find a log to post.
Double check that TVEOptions -> Browser -> GroupStyle is set to one of the options that use the banner. Also check that the options under TVEOptions -> Fanart are correct... i.e. Fanart is enabled

mmmmm... I don't think i broke anything there and its working on my setup...

Quote:
I'm not seeing anything in the logs I'm looking at, assuming I'm even in the right location: C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\logs

I also tried deleting the "C:\Program Files (x86)\SageTV\SageTV\cache\imagefactory\TVExplorerBanners" folder and now I see that TVE isn't even recreating the folder as I browse.
logs are created in the ortus.log or phoenix.log (in that directory) or in the sagetvclient_0.txt log in the main sagetv directory
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 10:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
Not sure.. i was using a keyboard for my testing... If no one comes up with a way to enter a decimal from the remote though i may have to change all those values to be 0-100 rather then 0-1... So until someone figures out how to enter a dot... two options... hook up a keyboard to the extender... or configure everything on the server and save the TVE options and then call them up on the extender...
If you're talking about using the number keys on the remote, then you'd need to press the number 1 (which says "sym" for symbol underneath it on the screen) a total of 9 times to get to the period.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:20 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Double check that TVEOptions -> Browser -> GroupStyle is set to one of the options that use the banner. Also check that the options under TVEOptions -> Fanart are correct... i.e. Fanart is enabled

mmmmm... I don't think i broke anything there and its working on my setup...
Set exactly the same as they were in the previous version. GroupStyle is set to "Left" and everything under Fanart is set to Enabled.

Quote:
logs are created in the ortus.log or phoenix.log (in that directory) or in the sagetvclient_0.txt log in the main sagetv directory
Due to the size, I attached the log files. I'm not sure if there are different log levels or what mine are set at, so let me know if I need to change a setting.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (254.9 KB, 206 views)
File Type: txt ortus.log.txt (10.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (48.5 KB, 192 views)
Old 01-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Sage Icon

@skirge - there is an error in the phoenix.log
Code:
2011-01-16 11:10:53,284 [AWT-EventQueue-0] ERROR phoenix.impl.UtilAPI - Can't Shuffle Object Type: java.lang.String
Not sure exactly what it means but I am shuffling the banners to pick a random one...I'll dig around...

Try this: TVE Options -> Fanart -> Random Banner Fanart -> Disabled. That shortcircuits the ramdomization code that I use. If its what im thinking that should at least get you back to having a banner... only one banner (they wont cycle) but will be better then nothing... if it works, that will give me the area to concentrate one.

EDIT: I can recreate this with Random Banner Fanart Enabled... Until i get a fix out disable that option and you'll have your banners back.
Check out TVExplorer

Last edited by razrsharpe; 01-16-2011 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-16-2011, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

That didn't change anything, except getting rid of that error you pointed out. I see that the Ortus log wasn't updated with anything recent, so I didn't bother including that one.

EDIT: Interesting. I still don't see banners. :-(
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetvclient_0.txt (249.9 KB, 203 views)
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (8.0 KB, 208 views)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:13 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That didn't change anything, except getting rid of that error you pointed out. I see that the Ortus log wasn't updated with anything recent, so I didn't bother including that one.

EDIT: Interesting. I still don't see banners. :-(
bummer... theres actually two ortus logs... the one i care about is in the root sage directory (not the \logs directory)... i dont think it will really tell me anything useful though...

Check this option in your .properties file
Code:
razrsharpe/TVExplorer/fanart/UseSeriesBanner=false
make sure its set to false (obviously shut down sage if you need to change it, which i think you will)... i was mucking around with using series banners and thought i commented all of the code out appropiately because i couldn't get it to load right... but apparently I didn't...

If you load TVE Defaults it will also set that option correctly (and screw up all your other options...).
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 11:22 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
bummer... theres actually two ortus logs... the one i care about is in the root sage directory (not the \logs directory)... i dont think it will really tell me anything useful though...

Check this option in your .properties file
Code:
razrsharpe/TVExplorer/fanart/UseSeriesBanner=false
make sure its set to false (obviously shut down sage if you need to change it, which i think you will)... i was mucking around with using series banners and thought i commented all of the code out appropiately because i couldn't get it to load right... but apparently I didn't...

If you load TVE Defaults it will also set that option correctly (and screw up all your other options...).
Here's the other Ortus log file. I didn't find that property you referenced, so I added that line, exactly as you had it here.
Attached Files
File Type: txt ortus.log.txt (4.8 KB, 197 views)
Old 01-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Good morning,

I have the latest TVE installed on my server/extender and it's working correctly with all fanart (BG, Posters and Banners) but on my Clients I am only seeing the banners and no posters or BG's.

When I look in the image factory folder on my Clients I only see a single TVExplorerBanners folder and no TVExplorerPosters folder. Not sure if there should be a corresponding TVExplorerBackgrounds folder as my server doesn't have one and the BG's are showing fine there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

J
Old 01-16-2011, 11:51 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
Good morning,

I have the latest TVE installed on my server/extender and it's working correctly with all fanart (BG, Posters and Banners) but on my Clients I am only seeing the banners and no posters or BG's.

When I look in the image factory folder on my Clients I only see a single TVExplorerBanners folder and no TVExplorerPosters folder. Not sure if there should be a corresponding TVExplorerBackgrounds folder as my server doesn't have one and the BG's are showing fine there.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

J
i dont scale the backgrounds so there should not be any TVExplorerBackgrounds folder... never got around to implementing it when i first coded it bc performance wasnt that bad...

Regarding no posters on the client... go to TVEOptions -> Fanart
make sure: Display Poster is Enabled and Thumbnails is Disabled.
for fanart make sure Context Sensitve Fanart is Enabled

I do all of my dev on a client so the client vs server shouldnt matter... in theory
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 12:02 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
i dont scale the backgrounds so there should not be any TVExplorerBackgrounds folder... never got around to implementing it when i first coded it bc performance wasnt that bad...

Regarding no posters on the client... go to TVEOptions -> Fanart
make sure: Display Poster is Enabled and Thumbnails is Disabled.
for fanart make sure Context Sensitve Fanart is Enabled

I do all of my dev on a client so the client vs server shouldnt matter... in theory
I think all my settings are correct and I don't think I ever changed them (see attached), just kind of odd that my server/extender is fine and my clients are wonky.

Thanks,

J
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SageTV Client_2011-01-16_09-58-06.jpg (177.3 KB, 225 views)
Old 01-16-2011, 12:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorton View Post
I think all my settings are correct and I don't think I ever changed them (see attached), just kind of odd that my server/extender is fine and my clients are wonky.

Thanks,

J
ya those settings look correct to me... thats really odd... I can't reproduce here
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 12:22 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
ya those settings look correct to me... thats really odd... I can't reproduce here
I installed on one of my cleaner and less used clients and it has all fanart working correctly, looks like it's maybe just time for a refresh on my main client so don't worry about it for now, better concentrate on Skirge's issues

Cheers,

J
Old 01-16-2011, 12:40 PM
Sage Icon

skirge - can you try the attached build of tve.

1. Shutdown sage
  2. navigate to ..\STVs\SageTV7\
  3. Rename TVExplorer.stvi to something else (this is the TVE stvi)
  4. unzip the attached file and copy the TVExplorer.stvi file into the ..\STVs\SageTV7\
  5. Start Sage
  6. If it worked properly you should see version 1.01.028.005 in TVEOptions -> TVE Info
  7. See what that does for you.

THe only that changed is the banner fanart logic (and some more logging). Series banners now work... normal fanart should work too. Edit there's a new series banner option in TVEOptions -> Fanart

If it doesnt work please try the load defaults
Attached Files
File Type: zip TVExplorerSTVi 1.01.028.005.zip (324.9 KB, 193 views)
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 12:49 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
1.) When I toggle between "Recorded" and "Recording Schedule" content, all of the items in the "Recording Schedule" view have the same banner. I have it set to display 10 banners and it grabs the first banner available and uses it for all items in the view.
phoenix api (library plugin) v2.3.13 fixes this (released moments ago by stuckless, thanks )
Check out TVExplorer
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

That fixed it. I also don't see the error from before when I enable Random Fanart Banner.
Old 01-16-2011, 12:50 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
<snip>...

2.) There seems to be a minor bug/conflict w/ Fuzzy's "Recording Schedule Shortcut" UIMOD installed w/ this plugin. If you hit the REC button in TVExplorer it will pull up the default SageTV Recording schedule (as designed by fuzzy if you are at the main menu). This happens if you are in the Navigation Panel on the left or any of the settings menu's in TVE. Otherwise, REC in the Group or Episode Panels works as designed.

...</snip>
Quote:

im unfamiliar with his plugin... what is supposed to happen?

...</snip>
Fuzzy's "Recording Schedule Shortcut" UIMOD Plugin maps the "REC" button to the "Recordings Schedule" screen. It does this from the Main Menu if nothing is active, ie you don't have anything playing such as music or a movie, TV show in the preview window.

So, from the main menu, hit the "REC" button and the "Recordings Schedule" will pop up.

What is happening is that if you are in TVE in the left side navigation Pane or in any of the Settings menus and hit the REC button, it will now bring up the Recordings Schedule.

For the Group and Episodes Panes where you have assigned the REC button in TVE to bring up the manual recordings menu, this still works as it is supposed to.

It looks like you just need to lock out this call or assign this button to do nothing inside of the navigation and settings menus.

-Peter