SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-06-2011, 11:31 AM
SageTVaholic

[PLUGIN] UIMOD - Recording Schedule Shortcut by Fuzzy

Adds a shortcut directly to the Recording Schedule by using the RECORD button. Any time there isn't something else (like playing or focused media) listening for the RECORD button, it will send you to the currently selected Recording Schedule.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-08-2011, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I have to be honest, at first this plugin didnt even interest me. But, after I installed it... I see myself using it all the time! Thanks!! It would be nice though to have a setting option to select which recording schedule menu to use permanently (until the user changes the setting). Currently, pressing the REC button will bring you to either the Interleaved schedule or Parallel; depending on which one was used last.

Thanks again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Adds a shortcut directly to the Recording Schedule by using the RECORD button. Any time there isn't something else (like playing or focused media) listening for the RECORD button, it will send you to the currently selected Recording Schedule.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-08-2011, 04:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Well, that setting is in the Detailed Setup -> customize option, but like you said, it will be changed whever you change the type. Personally, I've never found a need for anything but parallel.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Unless there's another setting which I can't see under Detailed Setup->Customize for recording schedule, the setting for default recording schedule doesnt affect this plugin; which is why I posted.

For example, if I set the default for recording schedule to Parallel under Detailed Setup->Customize, then my wife goes to the interleaved menu manually at some point via the menus, later on, when I press the "REC" button, it goes to Interleaved schedule, not Parallel.

Yes, I like the parallel menu too; although, I had to tweak it display 12 tuners on the same screen; since the limit is 10.

Quote:
Well, that setting is in the Detailed Setup -> customize option, but like you said, it will be changed whever you change the type. Personally, I've never found a need for anything but parallel.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-08-2011, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Right.. My point was, that when she goes to the interleaved schedule, I believe that changes the setting in detailed setup.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Perhaps I'll have to go in and add some code to disable that changing of the defaults in sage.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Thanks Fuzzy, that would be great. I didnt mean to make things difficult for you, but it sure would polish up this addon if you can figure out how to do that. This way, people can still use interleave on occasion; and, still depend on the REC button to bring the to the recording schedule they primarily use.

Thanks again,
Mike

Quote:
Perhaps I'll have to go in and add some code to disable that changing of the defaults in sage.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 01-09-2011, 09:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Thanks Fuzzy, that would be great. I didnt mean to make things difficult for you, but it sure would polish up this addon if you can figure out how to do that. This way, people can still use interleave on occasion; and, still depend on the REC button to bring the to the recording schedule they primarily use.

Thanks again,
Mike
Love this plugin and like Mike's idea as well. Thanks for all the awesome time you put in to these forums and Sage Fuzzy. It's greatly appreciated.
Currently using SageTV Media Center Server on Windows 7, SageTV Client as an HTPC on Windows 7, and an HD Theater HD200. The server controls 3 Motorola DCH-3200 cable boxes and 3 Hauppauge HD-PVRs (all Rev F1) with HD audio and changes channels via firewire WITH NO LOCKUPS. It's awesome.
4 Steps to Perfect Stutter Free Playback for SageTV
Quick Guide: How to Bitstream Audio in Windows 7