SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-30-2010, 11:59 PM
Sage Expert

Wrong duation of movies

I have 500 movies and have a running time of days, hours and minutes on 99% of them. The other 1% are correct running time. I have had this problem for a while. I checked mivie folders and have no other info other than the jpeg images for the covers. I have sage7.023 installed and then installed the bmt web interface. No other plugins. I did this to diagnose this problem. With sage only installed I have no movie duration times, but when I installed the web interface I immediately got the duration populated with the wrong run times. It is also strange that if I install the diamond interface plugin and display with the diamond flow option, it shows correct movie duration. I also notice that in says in system messages that pheonix tools has installed and removed legacy bmt files.

Last edited by rnadeau; 12-31-2010 at 12:13 AM.
Old 12-31-2010, 07:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Since I've been running bmt longer than anyone I decided to check a random selection of my movies. I can't find a single movie with a running time of days.

When you did your clean out the .properties for your movies as well. BMT will not update a file if there is an existing .properties.

Also, if you manually update from the web ui, do you still get the running time of days? BMT uses the exact same lookup and update method from the web ui as it does for the automatic lookups. If you can reproduce this in the web ui, then post up the filename that you are having issues with and I can test it on my setup. If I can reproduce this, then it can probably be fixed fairly quickly (if it's a BMT issue)

I suspect that if this was a core bmt issue, then I'd have a lot more people complaining about the running time of days.
Old 01-02-2011, 07:49 AM
Sage Expert

I installed the BMT web interface. Back to the future 3 shows a runtime of 672600000. I clicked on find metadata. The runtime was now 7080000. I saved this. I checked Basic Instinct. Runtime was 735300000. I clicked on find metadata. Runtime is now 7380000. I saved this. I then under detailed setup- advanced clicked rescan and now it shows proper runtime. How can I do this to all my movies through the web interface without having to do each movie individually which would take forever.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
I installed the BMT web interface. Back to the future 3 shows a runtime of 672600000. I clicked on find metadata. The runtime was now 7080000. I saved this. I checked Basic Instinct. Runtime was 735300000. I clicked on find metadata. Runtime is now 7380000. I saved this. I then under detailed setup- advanced clicked rescan and now it shows proper runtime. How can I do this to all my movies through the web interface without having to do each movie individually which would take forever.
Unfortunately, the only way to do this would be to rescan all the files, and overwrite metadata.
Old 01-02-2011, 09:57 AM
Sage Expert

Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to do each movie individually?
Old 01-02-2011, 02:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnadeau View Post
Is there an easy way to do this or do I have to do each movie individually?
You options are to either rescan the entire collection, as I mentioned in my previous post, or do it one by one manually. ie, from the web ui, navigate to a folder and then click "find metadata".