SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV HD Theater - Media Player
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV HD Theater - Media Player Discussion related to using the SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player, i.e.: in use while not connected to a SageTV server. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to using a SageTV HD Theater as a Media Player should be posted here. Use the SageTV Media Extender forum for issues related to using it while connected to a SageTV server.

Old 12-30-2010, 02:21 PM
Sage User

HD300 Remote - volume buttons

It's a great feature that the HD300 remote has programmable buttons (TV Pwr, Vol+, Vol-).. but am I missing something?

I have an external amp, connected using HDMI. The main volume buttons (that control the SageTV onscreen volume) don't do anything, and it's very confusing that instead of the giant obvious button in the middle that says "Vol" you have to use the obscure "TVVol+/-" buttons in the top corner.

Is it possible to program these buttons, or change this behavior?
Old 03-08-2011, 08:13 PM
Sage Advanced User

check your manual, page 9.
Old 03-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmac View Post
It's a great feature that the HD300 remote has programmable buttons (TV Pwr, Vol+, Vol-).. but am I missing something?

I have an external amp, connected using HDMI. The main volume buttons (that control the SageTV onscreen volume) don't do anything, and it's very confusing that instead of the giant obvious button in the middle that says "Vol" you have to use the obscure "TVVol+/-" buttons in the top corner.

Is it possible to program these buttons, or change this behavior?
Bottomline, no it is not possible. That seems to be the most shortsighted design I have seen in awhile. The programmable buttons are far more valuable to me than the "Sage" volume buttons. There isn't anything in Sage itself that I wanted to re-purpose the buttons for (i.e., remap). But honestly at this point I am used to the location and don't really look at the remote. It is only a problem for others that are not familiar with the remote.

Wayne
Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Just came across this same limitation. The remote is otherwise a nicely done device, but I'm guestimating that 9 times out of 10, the default (Sage) Vol buttons are useless. That is, if you're using the anything but the analog audio-out (again, venturing a guess that most are using optical or HDMI audio of some form) they are in-operational.

Simply allowing those vol buttons to be re-mapped/learned would make this remote a TON more useful (that and a simple option to send the learned TV power command when powering the HD300).