SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 12-18-2010, 07:47 AM
Sage User

BlackGold BGT3620 DVB-T2

Anyone got one of these yet? Blackgold claim they are in stock. I've got one on order but it hasn't arrived yet.
Old 12-20-2010, 04:17 AM
Sage User

Mine is due for delivery today - weather permitting
Old 12-20-2010, 04:24 AM
Sage Advanced User

Received mine last week. Unfortunately not yet have not had a chance to try it yet - not sure I will either until the new year

One thing of mild interest - it is really really small!!

T
Old 12-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylormadearmy View Post
Received mine last week. Unfortunately not yet have not had a chance to try it yet - not sure I will either until the new year

One thing of mild interest - it is really really small!!

T
The screws that fit the faceplete to te card are even smaller & are loose in the clear plastic bag under the card, so don't loose them!

Now on to the important stuff. The card isn't seen by Sage TV as a DVB card. It just appears as a single Analogue device.

However, all is not lost. The solution is that given in rhinoman's post http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52492 & uses DVBLogic to create virtual cards that can be seen by SageTV. It's relatively easy to set up & it works OK, apart from it being a bit sluggish to tune & display the program.

The BGT3620 & the BGT3595 both use the same driver so if Sage are true to their word, both cards should be usable native in the next release of SageTV. See Bagal's Post here:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ight=blackgold.
In the meantime it's 20 Euros for a DVBLogic licence.
Old 12-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Sage User

Mine arrived yesterday. Don't think I'm going to get chance to install it before Xmas though.

I've already got dvblink
Old 02-21-2011, 04:20 PM
Sage User

Since using this card I have had problems with the sound on the BBC 1 HD & BBC HD channels. When a broadcast changes from either SD to HD (BBC adverts) the sound will either go off all together and not come back on or start making loud clicking / popping sounds. The sound on 4 HD also drops and rises in volume.

Can someone please tell me what audio codecs you are using? Sound on freesat / Sky HD channels is fine so it must be because of the AAC HD sound that freeview uses
Old 02-22-2011, 01:54 AM
Sage Advanced User

I had a similar problem with audio on the Freeview HD channels. I have a Pinnacle DVB-T2 stick but I think the issue is the same - as you say, it's due to the lack of a suitable codec.

I installed the free, codec-only, version of DivX; which includes the necessary HE-AAC codec and my Sage PC client now plays the HD channels correctly.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 AM
Sage User

cheers I had read about success spirits stories with that codec over on the media portal forums. I will give a go over the weekend and hope that it doesn't interfere / mess up anything else.

How did you make sage use that codec? Was it simply visa the configuration menu and the hd sound option?
Old 02-22-2011, 11:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have "HD Audio Decoder Filter" set to "Default".

In fact all of the settings on the Video/Audio menu which will accept "Default" are set to that value on my system (Windows 7).

Hope this helps.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:47 AM
Sage User

I have installed the divx codec pack today and the volume jumping up and down has gone, but from testing on the bbc hd channel I can only get stereo sound, not 5.1.

Please can you look, if possible, and tell me if you get 5.1 sound on any channel that uses this aac codec

Thanks
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 AM
Sage Advanced User

I don't have any 5.1 kit, so I'm not sure I can help with that question, but if there's something you'd like me to try then I'm happy to help.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Sage User

Hi

Has anyone got this working without dvblogic yet? Mine still shows up as an analogue card in the 7.1.5 beta.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 05:13 AM
Sage User

Robomonkey,

The answer is no & it probably won't happen for a while, if at all. Sage, being US based, doesn't have access to DVB-T2 so it's awkward for them to test.

It seems that there is a fairly close relationship between DVBLogic & Sage to provide support for European hardware through DVBLogic.

I have been using the product with the Blackgold card since Christmas & I haven't had any problems at all. The card is in my WHS box & I think I've only restarted the box once since then & that was for an unrelated issue.

The only slight downside is that it takes a bit longer than a natively supported card to tune, but it's no biggie.

The card works well & does all that's expected of it. Also, if you have a small case, it's ideal because it's so tiny.

DVBLogic only costs about £20, so, go for it.
Old 03-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Sage User

Hi keefb

I did download the trial but can't get that to work either, in sage I still the analogue card, plus 4 dvblogic capture cards, when I select a dvblogic card, it thinks it's a satellite card and fails, I'm clearly doing something wrong but I can't figure it out.

What about the suggestion above that sage will support it in the next beta, has that changed?

I'm not worried about the 20 euros if that's the only way it will work, it's just not a very elegant solution.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Have either of you contacted Sage support with regards to supporting DVB-T2 natively? I see no reason why they wouldn't want to support it and I'm pretty sure they will try their best if your prepared to send them logs etc.
Old 03-19-2011, 01:19 AM
Sage Expert

Don't believe its a DVB-T2 issue per se, more like a driver issue for this card as DVB-T2 is working in Sage with a different tuner

As per jaminben worth contacting support and asking for help.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:30 AM
Sage User

Posted a support request, will report back shortly (hopefully).
Old 03-20-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

I'm interested in getting one of these cards but I do not want to use DVBLogic as I already use it with four cards which is it's limit so it would only be useful to me if it works natively in SageTV.

Good luck and let me know how you get on using it natively in SageTV.

Thanks,

David
Old 03-21-2011, 07:43 AM
Sage User

I contacted Sage Support & got a very non commital reply about when & even if they would support it, so, don't hold your breath.

To answer roboman's query about getting it to work with DVBLogic; it IS confusing as it thinks everything is a satellite tuner. However Damien's excellent tutorial at:
http://www.damianflynn.com/2010/10/1...logic-live-tv/ takes you through the steps. Like roboman, I would have given up without this guide.

If you follow the (many) steps methodically it works, & for me, on WHS, it works reliably & it is completely transparent.

It would seem that this will be the only way to use the Blackgold cards with SageTV for the foreseeable future.