SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-11-2010, 10:29 PM
SageTVaholic

BMT defaults settings

Just did a fresh install of the SageTV/BMT and I was surprised by a few of the default settings...
  • It would really be a lot easier on newbies if it just created its own fanart folder and enabled fanart downloading by default. I'd imagine that's what 99% of people install are expecting anyway so the more zero-config the better.
  • Image scaling should probably be set to less conservative values. Maybe 1280 for backgrounds and 500 for posters. Personally, i'd just disable it completely since that should really be handled by the front end.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 12-12-2010, 02:28 AM
Sage Expert

I wouldn't know how to set them.
Maybe they should prompt the user at install?

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 12-12-2010, 07:11 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I wouldn't know how to set them.
Maybe they should prompt the user at install?
The User Guide tells you how to set them. You can't be prompted on install, it simply not a function of the plugin system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
Just did a fresh install of the SageTV/BMT and I was surprised by a few of the default settings...
  • It would really be a lot easier on newbies if it just created its own fanart folder and enabled fanart downloading by default. I'd imagine that's what 99% of people install are expecting anyway so the more zero-config the better.
  • Image scaling should probably be set to less conservative values. Maybe 1280 for backgrounds and 500 for posters. Personally, i'd just disable it completely since that should really be handled by the front end.
Fanart is enabled by default, and it does create it's own fanart folder, in STVs/Phoenix/Fanart/

I haven't installed this on a complete fresh install in a while, but I don't recall ever having to enable the setting or creating the folder. The setting in bmt typcially reflect how I use it... so I try to make the setting "default" to my environment, so that when I install it, I do a little as possible

As for scaling... I've toyed with the idea of removing it... but I'm not sure all plugins, etc, will scale the images themselves... and sending over full size posters and backgrounds to an extender to use used as a thumbnail will kill performance, if the plugin doesn't do their own scaling. I may look into removing the scalling, but I'd like to have something else in place to help the plugins before I do that.
Old 12-12-2010, 07:49 AM
SageTVaholic

After doing some investigating, I can see that there is a bug in relation to the fanart dir and the fanart enabled settings. While they are "defaulted", that default value was not being used in some cases. I'll hopefully resolve this today, so it can go out with today's build.