SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-26-2011, 07:40 PM
Sage Icon

With the new driver, seeing the same problem:

HD PVR + Optical Audio and Colossus + Optical Audio = recordings on Colossus audio out of sync

Gone back to RCA Stereo on the Colossus. Sending some more feedback to Hauppauge.

Long term, I'm thinking about just getting another HD PVR. Two digital cable set top boxes with HD package is costing me too much to *settle* with Colossus on stereo audio.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 06-26-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
TechBill at frist SageTV was rigth in blame the problem on Happauage becuase even WinTV 7 was doing really off wall stuff to but now that not case.
I understand this

My point is that several months ago with first drivers it would been Happauage end because problem were appearing in other DVRS software as well too but after another drivers releases and problem not appearing on other DVRs software anymore while problems contiune to appear in SageTV in the next several months but nothing is done since then after several of us have voiced about it on forums and send support about it

Betas releases started to slow down and nothing was still done to fix the Colossus issue for last several months

So as the customer I felt I was being brushed off for last several months over to Happauage because it seem that SageTV folks were too busy with this Google deal and don't want something like this to interfere the deal going down so they were sweeping it under the rug and blaming it on Happauage to get folks like me out of the way.

Now we get this message SageTV aquired by Google and Jeff telling us there will be no more products / no more betas / no more software support and only support provided are hardwares that are ones still under warranty.

I know there nothing more I can do about it but only to hope a solution would be found or hope that Google takeover is actually a good thing for us.

I am just a bit pissed because this could been fixed or solved several months ago if attention were given to it instead I felt it was focus on elsewhere which we now see and there a high chance of this never being fixed that we with colossus are probably going to have to run bandaged SageTV if we want to contuine using it.

Like I said I can only hope a solution is found because I know SageTV folks are not going to touch it since they been avoiding it for the last several months for obvious reason which we see now.

You may think that Google could told them shut down the store and support, how come it could never been the other way around?

Maybe Google did ask SageTV to contiune the software support and store for another year but SageTV said no ......

Don't away blame the big companies ... sometime it the little guys fault too but the little guys knew if they said nothing that all eyes will go toward the big companies not them.

I know my post is a bit off topic and I aploizied for this but I felt it need be said and thank you for your patience.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-26-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

The problem with your theory is that sveral people have Colossus working without issues. I for one have 4 of them in my server working flawlessly. I'm sorry you're having problems, but I could see that they might not be able to recreate the problems.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
The problem with your theory is that sveral people have Colossus working without issues. I for one have 4 of them in my server working flawlessly. I'm sorry you're having problems, but I could see that they might not be able to recreate the problems.
toricred have even install the new drivers?.
1: What your System spec list of all hardware?.
2: What OS?.
3: List of all Software that is install other then what comes with the OS or Hardware Drivers? (Like AntiVirus, Video editor, DVD Player, DVD Burner, Backup Tools things like that on your server).
4: What ver of SageTV?.
5: What ver of Java?.
6: List of any SageTV Customizations Plugins that you have install?.
7: Would you be willing to sent me your Sage properties files?.
Old 06-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Again did they even attempt to try to investaged this or were their focus elsewhere?

I don't know this but we can "SEE" from here that I am not alone in this problem and there are many other with similar problem or some type of problem that are appearing in other posts about colossus which seem to be going unanswered for last several months.

I am happy for you that you are having zero problem with colossus and that awesome for you!

But don't you wish for the same for rest of us?

Maybe you can help us out and investage this by comparing your SageTV with rest of us to narrow this down. That would be a great if you could help out.

I believe SageTV is an awesome product which I been using it for years and will keep using it until the day I can no longer it get running again but it would just be nice if I had problem-free SageTV until then.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software

Last edited by TechBill; 06-26-2011 at 10:19 PM.
Old 06-27-2011, 04:04 AM
Sage User

I'm using the 29168 drivers with my two cards and Sage 7.1.9. I removed my daily reboot script from task manager and I still had a BSOD after about 30 hours or so.
Old 06-27-2011, 07:51 AM
Sage Advanced User

I really think this is a driver issue with SOME STB's. I was able to record from a DVD player without a sync problem. As soon as I try to record from my STB, it is out of sync. I have the latest driver, not a fix for me.

I do not reboot on ANY regular schedule. I do not get blue screens, however I did get 1 on the last driver version when I was running iTunes listening to music and surfing the web while the family was watching tv. Not sure what caused it, but I do not due that very often. VERY RARELY. FWIW.

I have two colossus with win7 x64 and U-Verse STB's. Hauppauge told me they know of the issue with some STB's and are working on the issue, NO ETA. They asked me to record from DVD with component and optical audio to prove the incoming source is the problem and not something else.

VERY FRUSTRATING, yes!
Old 06-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Sage User

So perhaps it would be useful for people to start listing their provider and STB model, if they have problems or not (along with specific problem). In that way we might compile a vetted list of good providers / stb boxes, and those with issues. This information might also help Hauppauge to find what's different about those STB with problems.

Additionally, it could help someone decide to keep / discard a Colossus for an HD-PVR given their limitations on provider / boxes.
Old 06-27-2011, 12:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzz71 View Post
I really think this is a driver issue with SOME STB's. I was able to record from a DVD player without a sync problem. As soon as I try to record from my STB, it is out of sync. I have the latest driver, not a fix for me.

I do not reboot on ANY regular schedule. I do not get blue screens, however I did get 1 on the last driver version when I was running iTunes listening to music and surfing the web while the family was watching tv. Not sure what caused it, but I do not due that very often. VERY RARELY. FWIW.

I have two colossus with win7 x64 and U-Verse STB's. Hauppauge told me they know of the issue with some STB's and are working on the issue, NO ETA. They asked me to record from DVD with component and optical audio to prove the incoming source is the problem and not something else.

VERY FRUSTRATING, yes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumrtym View Post
So perhaps it would be useful for people to start listing their provider and STB model, if they have problems or not (along with specific problem). In that way we might compile a vetted list of good providers / stb boxes, and those with issues. This information might also help Hauppauge to find what's different about those STB with problems.

Additionally, it could help someone decide to keep / discard a Colossus for an HD-PVR given their limitations on provider / boxes.
If that was the case then the same problem should also appear in other DVRs softwares not just only SageTV

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 06-27-2011, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
toricred have even install the new drivers?.
1: What your System spec list of all hardware?.
2: What OS?.
3: List of all Software that is install other then what comes with the OS or Hardware Drivers? (Like AntiVirus, Video editor, DVD Player, DVD Burner, Backup Tools things like that on your server).
4: What ver of SageTV?.
5: What ver of Java?.
6: List of any SageTV Customizations Plugins that you have install?.
7: Would you be willing to sent me your Sage properties files?.
1. CPU i7-870, mobo DFI T3eh9-p55 (no longer sold), 8GB Memory G.Skill, Video 6600GT, 4xCollosus, 2x3TB drives (Hitachi), 3x2TB drives (Hitachi), ASUS BD-ROM, 3xHDHR
2. Windows 7 x64 SP-1
3. MyMovies, Playon, MS Essentials, imgBurn, VideoRedo. Server is not used for viewing anything. All viewing done through 2xHD300 and 2xHD200.
4. 7.1.9
5. 1.6.26 (also worked with 1.6.25)
6. Phoenix, SJQ, BMT, Jetty web Server, Groovy Tools, and Web Interface (I had a lot more, but when I went to Phoenix last week I removed most since they were no longer necessary)
7. I'm not comfortable with that. I would need to review before sending it to remove all IP addresses, and personal information have been removed.

Finally I have to say that I may not be able to provide too much information for the next few days as it appears our county is about to be evacuated due to a wildfire.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my sources are all HDMI from DirecTV H21-200 receivers.
Old 06-27-2011, 03:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Do anyone have a WHS v1 with this Colossus working 24/7 without any kind of problem?
Old 06-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
1. CPU i7-870, mobo DFI T3eh9-p55 (no longer sold), 8GB Memory G.Skill, Video 6600GT, 4xCollosus, 2x3TB drives (Hitachi), 3x2TB drives (Hitachi), ASUS BD-ROM, 3xHDHR
2. Windows 7 x64 SP-1
3. MyMovies, Playon, MS Essentials, imgBurn, VideoRedo. Server is not used for viewing anything. All viewing done through 2xHD300 and 2xHD200.
4. 7.1.9
5. 1.6.26 (also worked with 1.6.25)
6. Phoenix, SJQ, BMT, Jetty web Server, Groovy Tools, and Web Interface (I had a lot more, but when I went to Phoenix last week I removed most since they were no longer necessary)
7. I'm not comfortable with that. I would need to review before sending it to remove all IP addresses, and personal information have been removed.

Finally I have to say that I may not be able to provide too much information for the next few days as it appears our county is about to be evacuated due to a wildfire.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that my sources are all HDMI from DirecTV H21-200 receivers.

Do you lock your Directv HDMI to a specific resolution?

and if so which setting is it locked to and how did you lock it? By removing all check marks from other resolution leaving only one checked?

Mine all H24-200 but locked at 1080i and going to change it to 720p tonight to see if any different.

Thank for sharing your settings

Bill
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Old 06-27-2011, 04:19 PM
Sage Icon

All my eceivers are locked to 720p, but I don't remember the exact procedure to set it as I did that a couple of years ago.
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
If that was the case then the same problem should also appear in other DVRs softwares not just only SageTV

Bill
My audio sync problem does happen in Showbiz.... I have posted this before.
Old 06-27-2011, 10:53 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
4xCollosus.. all HDMI
Toricred,

Are you getting the full channel line-up through HDMI ?
Are you doing scheduled reboots?
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 06-28-2011, 08:24 AM
Sage Icon

I am getting everything I pay for. That said, I don't subscribe to any of the movie channels as we don't need them. I don't have a regular restart. I tried 29168, but went back to 29111 because of some weird system crashes. Since rolling back I have discovered I had a bad memory stick thatwas causing the problem. I will probably go back to 29168 this weekend.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
Toricred,

Are you getting the full channel line-up through HDMI ?
Are you doing scheduled reboots?
korben_dallas I get full channel line-up through HDMI from my DirecTV so he to should be getting full line up as well with DirecTV but only diff mine are H24-100

Toricred on DirecTV
1: What Audio mode are you using
2: How are you change channel

Oh I forgot to ask
1: What SageTV mode are you using Full SageTV or Services Mode
2: Did you do any SageTV Registry edited in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\"

Toricred as for the Sage properties file it dose not store any IP Addresses on server nor dose it have any Personal Information in it not even your key that all else ware.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
korben_dallas I get full channel line-up through HDMI from my DirecTV so he to should be getting full line up as well with DirecTV but only diff mine are H24-100

Toricred on DirecTV
1: What Audio mode are you using
2: How are you change channel

Oh I forgot to ask
1: What SageTV mode are you using Full SageTV or Services Mode
2: Did you do any SageTV Registry edited in
"HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Frey Technologies\"

Toricred as for the Sage properties file it dose not store any IP Addresses on server nor dose it have any Personal Information in it not even your key that all else ware.
1. AC3
2. Http channel changing

1. Service mode. The GUI on the server is almost never used.
2. The only change in te registry is increasing the java heap to 1375 dec.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:39 AM

Thanks toricred
Do let us all know what happing when you get your memory fix and with 29168
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM
Sage User

To add my voice to the list. I get stuttering jerky recordings if I use to use any audio output other than the stereo output. HDMI with my set top box forcing PCM seemed to work the longest, took about a day for stuttering to start.