SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHS View Post
My guess is that Colossus as the same problem as HD PVR when come to AT&T Uverse set top box which is on there FAQ
Interesting.... however I did not have this issue on my HDPVR's.
Old 06-22-2011, 06:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

I give up, 3 days with this card and I will return it, now that there wont be more sage support i don't think problems will ever be resolved. Video is unwatchable when using component+spdif, and when use the component alone all my extenders get so slow that it only irritate me.
Old 06-22-2011, 10:43 PM
Sage Fanatic

It seem that the latest driver made it worse and leak memory faster.

I am going back to previous version for sure.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-23-2011, 07:47 AM

Help

Is there anybody having the older Colossus 29168 driver(7.1MB rar file, doesn't contain HcwDriverInstall.exe)?
The 7.1MB version worked fine on my machine, but when I redownlaod 29168 driver, it became 7.3MB including HcwDriverInstall.exe in it.
I installed this 7.3MB version 29168 driver, Colossus didn't work anymore.
I believe there're some differences between the two version.
So is there anyone can provide the older 7.1MB 29168 driver? Thanks.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksng1092 View Post
Is there anybody having the older Colossus 29168 driver(7.1MB rar file, doesn't contain HcwDriverInstall.exe)?
The 7.1MB version worked fine on my machine, but when I redownlaod 29168 driver, it became 7.3MB including HcwDriverInstall.exe in it.
I installed this 7.3MB version 29168 driver, Colossus didn't work anymore.
I believe there're some differences between the two version.
So is there anyone can provide the older 7.1MB 29168 driver? Thanks.
There the same as the one I posted other night there not diff what so ever ksng1092 and did do a Source comparing of all them I would try uninstall and reinstall then see above.

To thoses you who wish re-install the older drivers or even the new drivers this best way to do it.
Just make sure disable sagetv app from auto run at start up.
The best to do it is manually uninstall from device manager by installing Hauppauge Colossus Capture frist then the Hauppauge Colossus Encoder and besure tell Windows 7 to del the files then Power Down don't do a restart wait a min then fire it back that way it clear Colossus memory.
This is must for XP/Vista user run hcwclear after doing the above way and yes it will remove any other hauppauge card still install in device manger so you have reinstall them to.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TechBill View Post
It seem that the latest driver made it worse and leak memory faster.

I am going back to previous version for sure.

Bill
Hmm I don't see that problem at all unlike with 29111 driver made it worse and crash more faster
Old 06-23-2011, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabrielcab View Post
I give up, 3 days with this card and I will return it, now that there wont be more sage support i don't think problems will ever be resolved. Video is unwatchable when using component+spdif, and when use the component alone all my extenders get so slow that it only irritate me.
Sound like to there something wrong on your end
Did even test WinTV 7 and Showbiz
What is your STB?.
Old 06-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

The new driver has significantly reduced memory leaks on my system with 4 Colossi using HDMI.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Hmm I don't see that problem at all unlike with 29111 driver made it worse and crash more faster
One way to find out is to do LiveTV channel surf, summer season there not much recording going on my SageTV so our family just watch LiveTV and surf channels until we find something to watch mostly re-runs that we seen before.

Channel Surfing on LiveTV in previous version will not cause anything but the server will evenly die to a slow death which is Video/Audio Shuttering
until it crashes about 12 hours later.

But the recent drivers, after several channel surfing then it would start to have video and audio shuttering which does evenly lead to a crash unlike the previous version which does not happen but it will crash some 12 or so hours later.

Try recording a bunch of 30 minutes shows in the next 4 or 5 hours non-stop and see if it crashes your server but make sure they are all on different channels.

Bill
GIGABYTE GA-MA69GM-S2H AM2 AMD 690G HDMI // AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Windsor 3.0GHz // G.SKILL 6GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Hauppauge Colossus HD-PVR // Seagate ST3750640AS 750GB SATA-300 16MB // DVD R/W - SAMSUNG Black
Media Extenders
HD300
HTPC Software
Windows 7 Professional 64bits // SageTV 7.1.x // Java 1.7.x
Old 06-23-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
One way to find out is to do LiveTV channel surf, summer season there not much recording going on my SageTV so our family just watch LiveTV and surf channels until we find something to watch mostly re-runs that we seen before.
That all ready been done so that pass turth is my sister law is very bad at doing that and by the my server has been running for over the pass 24 hour.
I hoping it will not start ack up in 48 hour we see.

Quote:
Channel Surfing on LiveTV in previous version will not cause anything but the server will evenly die to a slow death which is Video/Audio Shuttering until it crashes about 12 hours later.

But the recent drivers, after several channel surfing then it would start to have video and audio shuttering which does evenly lead to a crash unlike the previous version which does not happen but it will crash some 12 or so hours later.
Me this that other way a round it crash within few hour if not less with 29111 driver and just use less so I want back 29046 driver

Quote:
Try recording a bunch of 30 minutes shows in the next 4 or 5 hours non-stop and see if it crashes your server but make sure they are all on different channels.
Well it start at 1:30pm today now that I final able get my sister of sagetv and my last rec on stop at 8:00PM so we see then a brack
and all ready setup a 2nd test 12AM to 6PM all 30 min each on all diff channel
Old 06-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Sage Icon

With the 29046 driver Sage would crash in less than a day but never saw any BSOD's. With the 29111 driver I had stuttering/Sage crash once a week or so but would also come home and find the server had recovered from a BSOD once a week or so. Also had a blue screen recording once every two to three weeks.

So, for me the 2911 driver did much better than the 29046 with regard to stuttering video that quickly ends with Sage crashing but introduced a very occasional blue screen recording as well as somewhat occasional BSOD's (only happened when Sage was unattended so I believe that the BSOD's were just the end result of the stuttering crashing of Sage if no one was there to catch it in time and restart before a BSOD.)

Within 48 hours of the new driver install I had stuttering video, a locked up Sage and had to restart the server. I will continue monitoring over the next few weeks.

S
Old 06-23-2011, 06:16 PM

Well it fail after 5 1/2 hour then starting getting stuttering video and with one recording no sound
So shut off SageTV and fried up Showbiz no problem there nor WinTV 7 so restart SageTV rigth now to see if still happing without rebooting.
Old 06-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Old 06-23-2011, 10:32 PM
SageTVaholic

geez - makes you wonder what Hauppauge is doing in their "testing" labs
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 06-24-2011, 12:01 AM
Sage User

I tested the new driver tonight and it appears that the audio sync issue is still there with SPDIF. Also, at the 5 hour mark, I got a halt detected but SageTV was able to reset it. It's back to HD-PVR for me until Hauppauge releases another driver. Hopefully, it doesn't take another 2 months.

Last edited by bmh; 06-24-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:15 AM

Bear mind that my sagetv server as not been restart at all from day I install the new drivers 2 day ago.
This moning I set up a few more 30min recording
The frist rec started seeing stuttering video and so after a hour+ to see happing in few recording but I end up stopping all other rec left sagetv run in background fired up Showbiz sure enougth it to was stuttering video to so close out showbiz wait a few sec then close sagetv out as well fired back up showbiz holy cow the stuttering video gone wait 15 min still no stuttering.
Dran shot the hell out that idea so back to drawing board.
Well I going reboot the server do 2nd new test
So far HDMI+AC3 recording are working pettey good
It may take a week of doing all kind of off test to see I can find as to weather not it the drivers.
Old 06-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
...left sagetv run in background fired up Showbiz sure enougth it to was stuttering video to so close out showbiz wait a few sec then close sagetv out as well fired back up showbiz holy cow the stuttering video gone wait 15 min still no stuttering. ...
The driver was called by Sage and started having issues while still running under the Sage process. Since you left Sage open the driver was still in it's problem state and still running under the Sage process when Showbiz began using it.

After you closed Sage the driver was unloaded and then Showbiz loaded the driver under it's own process allowing it to start fresh.

S
Old 06-24-2011, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
The driver was called by Sage and started having issues while still running under the Sage process. Since you left Sage open the driver was still in it's problem state and still running under the Sage process when Showbiz began using it.

After you closed Sage the driver was unloaded and then Showbiz loaded the driver under it's own process allowing it to start fresh.

S
But Sage supp to automatic releases the drivers intell next capture I wait a few min before doing just be sure even WinTV automatic releases the drivers
Old 06-24-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
I tested the new driver tonight and it appears that the audio sync issue is still there with SPDIF. Also, at the 5 hour mark, I got a halt detected but SageTV was able to reset it. It's back to HD-PVR for me until Hauppauge releases another driver. Hopefully, it doesn't take another 2 months.
I got agree my 2nd test show rigth at 5 hour mark
Next on my list is to disable AC3 and go AAC al the way so I can see how that long it last
After that will be WinTV 7 turn
Old 06-24-2011, 04:28 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
But Sage supp to automatic releases the drivers intell next capture I wait a few min before doing just be sure even WinTV automatic releases the drivers
It does release them otherwise Showbiz would have reported that the capture device was already in use. Nevertheless, the driver was still running under the Sage process and still hosed.

If it worked as you suggested than if you where watching live TV in Sage and the driver started giving problems you could just stop and restart. The driver would be unloaded/reloaded and everything would be fine. Unfortunately, once the driver has problems it requires Sage to be shut down if not the whole server rebooted.

S