SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-23-2011, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Well 5.1 sound via hdmi is still a no go for me with the new driver ;( oh well hopefully at least memory leak issues is fixed.
what exactly is your HDMI problem?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-23-2011, 07:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
what exactly is your HDMI problem?
Still can't get 5.1 audio to work on the capture via hdmi. 2 channel works fine though.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:00 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelkenny View Post
I uninstalled both Colossus drivers from Device Manager, rebooted, then ran the setup program for the new drivers and it properly installed the new version for both. I believe I saw this way mentioned somewhere, maybe in the Hauppauge instructions?
Doh! That was probably the mistake I made. I forgot to uninstall the old drivers first. So much for reading the directions.... Whoops!
Old 04-23-2011, 08:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I still can't use Component+SPDIF.

When I enable Component+SPDIF, I get the following results:

* if the broadcast is in true 5.1 sound, then everything works fine.
* But if the broadcase is in 2.0 stereo, then playback is slow and choppy with no audio.

My provider is Verizon fios.
Old 04-23-2011, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by spacecadet View Post

* But if the broadcase is in 2.0 stereo, then playback is slow and choppy with no audio.

Using the original Colosuss drivers, not the last or most recent updates, I get good audio regardless of whether it is 5.1 or 2.0 stereo.

Component+Optical SPDIF, Cableone cable TV.

PC: W7 32bit, Intel Q9550 2.83 Quad, 4GB DRAM
Cap Devices: Colosuss+UIRT+Cable STB; HDHR QAM+OTA, USB MediaSonic (6TB)
Network Players: HD200, (2) HD300s
Viewing: Samsung 55" 8000, Sony 50" and HP 37"
The more complicated it is the more likely it will break!
Old 04-23-2011, 09:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

29111 driver so far so good

Installed the new driver yesterday afternoon. Followed instructions on the webpage, just DL, unzip and installed, did not uninstall old driver first. Confirmed all driver version numbers updated in device manager.

With the older drivers system became very unstable if using both Colossus and HD-PVR. I would have multiple lockups and sometimes BSOD per day. So far everything has worked perfect. (knock on wood)

I still have the system perform an auto-restart once per day.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

is there an internal setting in the Verizon box as to what you're feeding out of SPDIF? I checked my channels from my Motorola satellite to see if things got choppy when a regular, 2 channel pro-logic channel was selected as opposed to a 5.1 channel.
Smooth playback, either way.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 04-23-2011, 04:50 PM
Sage Icon

Well, my Colossus is now FUBAR. I ran hwclear, rebooted, and ran the 29111 setup, rebooted again and now the Colossus Capture Device shows in Device Manager with a Yellow Exclamation Triangle and the error "Cannot Start -Error 10".

I stayed up till 3 am removing and reinstalling, rebooting, previous drivers, etc., etc. but no luck at all. It is unusable at this point.

S
Old 04-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleonard View Post
Well, my Colossus is now FUBAR. I ran hwclear, rebooted, and ran the 29111 setup, rebooted again and now the Colossus Capture Device shows in Device Manager with a Yellow Exclamation Triangle and the error "Cannot Start -Error 10".

I stayed up till 3 am removing and reinstalling, rebooting, previous drivers, etc., etc. but no luck at all. It is unusable at this point.

S
I ran into this same problem. Instead of rebooting, power the computer completely off (I even waited about 5 minutes). Once you power it back on, the error will be gone.
Old 04-23-2011, 06:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
I ran into this same problem. Instead of rebooting, power the computer completely off (I even waited about 5 minutes). Once you power it back on, the error will be gone.
Thanks, that worked. I know I had thought about that but then thought, 'nah, that won't do anything different than rebooting.', gave up and went to bed.

Thanks again

S
Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:

S
If you get the yellow exclamation mark you can also fix it by going into device manager and manually updating the driver. You have to uncheck "automatically find suitable driver" and then it will show up in the list to install.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
is there an internal setting in the Verizon box as to what you're feeding out of SPDIF? I checked my channels from my Motorola satellite to see if things got choppy when a regular, 2 channel pro-logic channel was selected as opposed to a 5.1 channel.
Smooth playback, either way.
Thanks for the tip. But, unfortunately, I took a look and there are no audio adjustments that I can see for my STB.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
If you get the yellow exclamation mark you can also fix it by going into device manager and manually updating the driver. You have to uncheck "automatically find suitable driver" and then it will show up in the list to install.
Afaik this doesn't work for the Colossus issue described above. Switching off the PC is the only thing to fix this particular problem.
Old 04-23-2011, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico66 View Post
Afaik this doesn't work for the Colossus issue described above. Switching off the PC is the only thing to fix this particular problem.
the mystery that is a Hauppauge product...
Old 04-23-2011, 09:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks for the tip. But, unfortunately, I took a look and there are no audio adjustments that I can see for my STB.
that's odd - both my Morotorola Cox cable box and my satellite receiver allow either PCM or Dolby Digital to be selected.
hmmm.
Have you tried outputting the SPDIF from the Colossus, aka passthrough, to a stereo receiver, and watched the lights to see if you've got 'real' 5.1, or something different?
Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

I have FiOS with a QIP6200 and have not noted any issues with Component + SPDIF input, except for sync issues (which so far the new drivers seem to have taken care of, knock on wood). What channel are you having problems with? I can check that channel just to be sure, if you like.
Old 04-23-2011, 11:51 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
I spent hours trying to fix this using every method of updating the drivers that exists including manually. Nothing worked until I turned the computer off as bmh suggested.

S
Old 04-24-2011, 04:35 AM
Sage User

Quote:
I spent hours trying to fix this using every method of updating the drivers that exists including manually. Nothing worked until I turned the computer off as bmh suggested.

S
Shutting down the computer was the only fix that worked for me as well.

The new drivers worked ok for about 1 day and then the UI became very sluggish. My memory usage was high but not maxed out. Rebooting the computer fixed the issue.

Last edited by bmh; 04-24-2011 at 05:35 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by texneus View Post
I have FiOS with a QIP6200 and have not noted any issues with Component + SPDIF input, except for sync issues (which so far the new drivers seem to have taken care of, knock on wood). What channel are you having problems with? I can check that channel just to be sure, if you like.
Thanks. I'm having the problem on one of the newer QIP7xxx series boxes. I can't remember which channel exactly had the issue. I just picked a program I was pretty sure wouldn't be in 5.1 audio (like a Women's College Softball game on ESPNU). Then I picked a program that I knew would be in 5.1 (like Sportscenter on ESPN).

If you can try a few, that'd be great. I also have a QIP6200 box (that my HD-PVR) is hooked into - and my HD-PVR handles the 5.1 audio/2.0 audio with no troubles. So maybe I'll swap the Colossus onto that box and see if the results are different.
Old 04-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmh View Post
It may be too soon to tell, but the new drivers seemed to have fixed the audio getting out of sync with video using SPDIF.
The audio is still getting out of sync with video using SPDIF. I noticed this on Discovery Channel HD today