SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 02-22-2011, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Relax: it does record at 720p, I just did it. It captures whatever format you put in, except 1080p.
Old 02-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Sage User

My units came in today. I never got a tracking email either....now if we could just get that update
Old 02-22-2011, 03:34 PM
Sage Expert

Got my tracking email after probing Hauppauge again. tomorrow :-/

Hey at least the Beta isn't ready anyway....
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 02-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by monetteboy View Post
My units came in today. I never got a tracking email either....now if we could just get that update
Same here
Rosewill RSV-L4411 server case, Core i5 4590, 16 GB RAM, 1 Hauppauge Colossus, 1 HDHomeRun, 500GB SATA recording drive, 14 TB JBOD for media, SageTV 7, Win7 Pro, Ubuntu 14.04 VM with Plex Server and Subsonic

Frontend:
ASUS Chromebox running Kodi with SageTV add-on
Old 02-22-2011, 04:39 PM
Sage Fanatic

Mine came in yesterday, never got a tracking number.

Looks like the new beta was just put up.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Mine came today (east coast) and I was one of the higher order numbers. Off to see the beta...

Clients: HD200, HD300, Win7 Desktop

Capture Devices: Hauppauge Colossus & 1 HDHR, TV Service: Verizon FIOS
Old 02-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clift View Post
Got my tracking email after probing Hauppauge again. tomorrow :-/

Hey at least the Beta isn't ready anyway....
Actually, looks like the Beta just came out!
Source:
Comcast/Xfinity X1 Cable
Primary Client: Server Other Clients: (1) HD200, (1) HD300
Retired Equipment: MediaMVP, PVR150 (x2), PVR150MCE,
HDHR, HVR-2250, HD-PVR
Old 02-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Sage Fanatic

OMG the beta and UPS guy showed up at the same time! where is my lotto ticket?
8tb RAID5 storage/media/other &3tb RAID5 backup storage on a HighPoint RocketRaid 2680
1tb 3 disk Recording Pool
all in a beautiful Antec 1200
SageMyMovies/Comskip/PlayON/SageDCT/SRE
HD100/HD300 extenders
Old 02-22-2011, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Got mine today... quickly got it installed and configured in Sage. Had to replace my HDPVR input for now while I await my additional HD satellite receiver.

Unbelievably easy to install (WinXP 32bit) and configure within Sage. Was up and viewing a test recording in less than 10 minutes. Going to be using it right away for recording tonight so it won't take long to see how it holds up to a full night of recording...
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 02-22-2011, 06:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Got mine today but I'm bum'd. I can't install until this weekend. Too many recordings when I'm home and WAY too busy to get time off.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Got mine today but I'm bum'd. I can't install until this weekend. Too many recordings when I'm home and WAY too busy to get time off.
I said the same thing when UPS dropped it off this afternoon. I had a 45 minute window right after work and the box was sitting there in the office beside the server... I kept saying "no, no, you don't have time", but I couldn't help myself and went for it. I installed the card, powered up the system, downloaded the driver, installed it, started up Sage, configured the Colossus in Sage, watched a test recording and still had ~13 minutes to spare before the scheduled start of that next recording. It was almost too quick and easy.

Now my Colossus is recording away on tonight's primetime lineup... so far, as I said, it's just been smooth sailing. I had to disable my HDPVR because I only have the one HD receiver available for my server, but once I get the second (currently on order) then I'll be running an HDPVR along side the Colossus. If these Colossus devices hold up then I'll be adding a second one to replace my PVR-250 and it'll be all HD input all the time into my server.

YMMV. I installed on WinXP SP3 32bit with Sage 7.1.2 and I literally was less than 15 mins from powering off the server to configuring the device in SageTV successfully.
Old 02-22-2011, 07:32 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Got mine today... quickly got it installed and configured in Sage. Had to replace my HDPVR input for now while I await my additional HD satellite receiver.

Unbelievably easy to install (WinXP 32bit) and configure within Sage. Was up and viewing a test recording in less than 10 minutes. Going to be using it right away for recording tonight so it won't take long to see how it holds up to a full night of recording...
Also up and running in Sage (WinXP Home 32bit).

I had to fight to get the Hauppauge drivers installed. But once I got the drivers sorted out, the SageTV setup was very very easy. It's plug and play from within SageTV.

Kudos to the Sage folks!

Still giving the HD PVR a higher merit for the moment, so won't be using the Colossus too much tonight. But am looking forward to having a 2nd HD tuner for picking up those conflicts on cable!

Edit: Should also note that the Hauppauge driver installer that is included on the provided CD also upgraded my PVR-250 drivers. Just something you might want to be aware of as you're installing the Colossus. (I decided to install the drivers from the CD first before upgrading to the ones on the website).

Last edited by spacecadet; 02-22-2011 at 07:34 PM. Reason: Added note about PVR-250 drivers
Old 02-22-2011, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I said the same thing when UPS dropped it off this afternoon. I had a 45 minute window right after work and the box was sitting there in the office beside the server... I kept saying "no, no, you don't have time", but I couldn't help myself and went for it. I installed the card, powered up the system, downloaded the driver, installed it, started up Sage, configured the Colossus in Sage, watched a test recording and still had ~13 minutes to spare before the scheduled start of that next recording. It was almost too quick and easy.

Now my Colossus is recording away on tonight's primetime lineup... so far, as I said, it's just been smooth sailing. I had to disable my HDPVR because I only have the one HD receiver available for my server, but once I get the second (currently on order) then I'll be running an HDPVR along side the Colossus. If these Colossus devices hold up then I'll be adding a second one to replace my PVR-250 and it'll be all HD input all the time into my server.

YMMV. I installed on WinXP SP3 32bit with Sage 7.1.2 and I literally was less than 15 mins from powering off the server to configuring the device in SageTV successfully.
My problem is I want to reinstall the OS I don't have two hours available until Saturday - at least when I'm home.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
Actually, looks like the Beta just came out!
1x STX-HD100
3x STP-HD200
@cliftpompee
Old 02-22-2011, 09:04 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
I'm looking at the quick install guide now and it clearly says "Video is supplied to Colossus through Component or HDMI at up to 1080i". "Limited to 1080i" means 1080i is the upper limit; it does not mean it won't accept anything else. When it says you may have to set your STB to 1080i, that doesn't mean you must set it to 1080i. My satellite STB has separate checkboxes for each resolution, so all I need to do it make sure the 1080p box is unchecked (which it is anyway for component output). Chances are that's all you'll need to do too.
we're looking at different parts i guess............this is what i was looking at
Attached Images
File Type: jpg quick-install.jpg (21.1 KB, 178 views)
Old 02-22-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by uspino View Post
Relax: it does record at 720p, I just did it. It captures whatever format you put in, except 1080p.
thank you!

commencing to relax
Old 02-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

anyone want to post an installation sequence? i'd like to install the colossus and nothing more if possible (unless needed by sage), plus not touch the hdpvr drivers at all.

also, isn't there a new hauppauge driver somewhere that is supposed to fix an audio issue?

a quick install for dummies would be nice........thx

i'm home tomorrow (having some carpeting installed in the morning) so my window of opportunity perfectly matches the availability of the new sage beta
release!
Old 02-22-2011, 09:27 PM
SageTVaholic

This is what I did (on WinXP Home SP3 32bit) with Sage 7.1.2 already installed:

1) Stopped giggling like a little school girl after receiving package at door today
2) Put box beside Sage server, told myself, "must finish work"
3) Finish work, convinced myself I could have it up and running within the 45 minute window I had before recordings started for the night

(Seriously, now, here we go...)

4) Power down server, crack it open, install Colossus card, close up server, power it back on

5) Stop SageTV if it's scheduled to start up as service on Windows boot up (mine is)

6) WinXP displayed the "New hardware found" dialog on system reboot; I told it I would manually point it to the driver to be installed for the device

7) Downloaded Colossus drivers from here. I did NOT use the CD included with the hardware, I've never pulled it from the packaing. YMMV.

8) Unzipped the downloaded driver, pointed WinXP new hardware wizard at the driver, it then recognized it as a Colossus and proceeded to install the drivers.

9) Rebooted my server (don't think this was necessary, but seemed apppropriate)

10) After reboot, start Sage if it's not auto started (mine is auto started as a service so Sage automatically started for me on reboot)

11) Load up STV, go to Setup > Setup Video Sources > Add New Source and select the newly available Colossus device. Configure as needed, start watching tv from Colossus

That's what I did. I'm not a hardware guru, I actually cringe at the thought of having to fiddle with my Sage server's hardware, but I have to say this was painless right from the start. Less than 15 minutes before I was watching my first recording from the Colossus. As always, YMMV, follow at own risk, etc., etc., etc.

First test for me: Colossus has been happily recording hockey game since 20:00 EST with no issues (to my knowledge). I'm going to watch that game now and if you don't see any edits to this post then assume the recording was fine.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
This is what I did (on WinXP Home SP3 32bit) with Sage 7.1.2 already installed:

1) Stopped giggling like a little school girl after receiving package at door today
2) Put box beside Sage server, told myself, "must finish work"
3) Finish work, convinced myself I could have it up and running within the 45 minute window I had before recordings started for the night

(Seriously, now, here we go...)

4) Power down server, crack it open, install Colossus card, close up server, power it back on

5) Stop SageTV if it's scheduled to start up as service on Windows boot up (mine is)

6) WinXP displayed the "New hardware found" dialog on system reboot; I told it I would manually point it to the driver to be installed for the device

7) Downloaded Colossus drivers from here. I did NOT use the CD included with the hardware, I've never pulled it from the packaing. YMMV.

8) Unzipped the downloaded driver, pointed WinXP new hardware wizard at the driver, it then recognized it as a Colossus and proceeded to install the drivers.

9) Rebooted my server (don't think this was necessary, but seemed apppropriate)

10) After reboot, start Sage if it's not auto started (mine is auto started as a service so Sage automatically started for me on reboot)

11) Load up STV, go to Setup > Setup Video Sources > Add New Source and select the newly available Colossus device. Configure as needed, start watching tv from Colossus

That's what I did. I'm not a hardware guru, I actually cringe at the thought of having to fiddle with my Sage server's hardware, but I have to say this was painless right from the start. Less than 15 minutes before I was watching my first recording from the Colossus. As always, YMMV, follow at own risk, etc., etc., etc.

First test for me: Colossus has been happily recording hockey game since 20:00 EST with no issues (to my knowledge). I'm going to watch that game now and if you don't see any edits to this post then assume the recording was fine.
These are the same steps I followed (although I upgraded SageTV to v7.1.2 after Step #8.)

The two mistakes I made were:

1) Don't bother with the drivers on the CD. Just download the latest drivers from the link Slugger provided and use those.
2) Don't bother running the Hauppauge setup program to install the drivers.

When I used the Hauppauge upgrade program it upgraded my PVR-250 drivers *AND* hung while installing the Colossus drivers. I ended up killing the setup program and used the Windows New Hardware wizard instead (Step 6,7,8). I pointed the New Hardware wizard at the "hcwD1enc.inf" file from the download.

I found that SageTV did not see the Colossus until I rebooted, so I would say that Step 9 is probably necessary.

Good luck and enjoy!
Old 02-22-2011, 10:21 PM
Sage Advanced User

Still no west coast love for me...

I'm all beta'd up with no hardware to be found.

And there's a snow storm coming tomorrow that may shut down the UPS trucks.

So close yet so far.