SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 11-28-2010, 08:01 AM
Sage Advanced User

Fanart Refresh

I was wondering if there is a way to refresh all of the downloaded fanart pictures and metadata. I have been ripping my DVD collection onto hard drives and have notice that some movies has the correct pictures and metadata, but some movies have either an incorrect picture (cover) and / or no metadata (just the date and time that I ripped the DVD).

I am using both Fanart (with BMT plugins) as well as mymovies. The mymovies seems to all be correct, but if my family choosed to browse DVD in the videos, it's quite different (I think that's where the fanart information is used).

I've tried deleting the files in the fanart folder, but sage does not update anything there.

Any help?
Old 11-28-2010, 10:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano View Post
I was wondering if there is a way to refresh all of the downloaded fanart pictures and metadata. I have been ripping my DVD collection onto hard drives and have notice that some movies has the correct pictures and metadata, but some movies have either an incorrect picture (cover) and / or no metadata (just the date and time that I ripped the DVD).

I am using both Fanart (with BMT plugins) as well as mymovies. The mymovies seems to all be correct, but if my family choosed to browse DVD in the videos, it's quite different (I think that's where the fanart information is used).

I've tried deleting the files in the fanart folder, but sage does not update anything there.

Any help?

Set mymovies to output properties files and then by default the default browser will use mymovies folder.jpegs and information. If you want the info to match.

Of course if you are talking about backgrounds and such that will take searching in bmt web interface to get them correct.
Old 11-29-2010, 09:58 AM
Sage Advanced User

OK, I've done that. That makes a big difference.

Is there a way to force Sage to refresh all the Fanart folders? I deleted them all, and they're gone now. The new DVD's I've ripped show up in the fanart folder, but nothing that is "old".
Old 12-04-2010, 06:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

I need some help still from someone....

How do I get Sage to repopulate the Fanart folder for all the movies I have? Again, I deleted everythin in the fanart folder, but nothing is getting redone automatically.
Old 12-04-2010, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Sage doesn't do anything with fanart... doesn't even understand the concept. If you are talking about the Phoenix style fanart folder, as generated/populated with BMT, you'll have to do the refresh from the BMT web interface.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-04-2010, 09:14 PM
SageTVaholic

If you are talking about seeing the fanart from within sagetv, then that'll be up to the particular plugin you are using. ie, are you using SMM and not seeing fanart, or you using another plugin and not seeing fanart. SageTV, itself, does not show any fanart.
Old 12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've got BMT web interface installed and can access it from another computer, but I cannot see anything on my Sage box. So I guess I need a little help with the web interface. I can see settings withing sage.
Old 12-05-2010, 07:05 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I've got BMT web interface installed and can access it from another computer, but I cannot see anything on my Sage box. So I guess I need a little help with the web interface. I can see settings withing sage.
Are you saying that you cannot see anything in the bmt web ui? if so, then it sounds like the bmt plugin is not working. you should be able to access it via

http://YOUR_SERVER_IP:8080/bmt/

And from there you can click browse, and browse your media files, etc, and update metadata.

Keep in mind that if you do have bmt installed, the automatic fanart lookup only happens as files are added to sagetv, and not against files that are already there.
Old 12-05-2010, 10:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

I can get to the sage box using port 8080. When I go to "browse" I get a menu pick on the left of the screen, but nothing comes up in the field (right side of the screen). Not sure why that happens. No matter what I choose, I see nothing.

It always says no media items for folder.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:57 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Keep in mind that if you do have bmt installed, the automatic fanart lookup only happens as files are added to sagetv, and not against files that are already there.
How do we get BMT to process existing recordings (already there)?
Old 12-06-2010, 06:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
How do we get BMT to process existing recordings (already there)?
By issuing a scan from the web ui. There's no reason that bmt can't do an automatic scan for all files whne you install it... but personally, i'd be annoyed if I installed a plugin and then it took over sage and started doing lookups for 1000s of files...so the web ui is the tool for issuing scans on deman.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Stuckless, that makes perfect sense to me. I just cannot seem to get BMT web UI to do anything. I cannot see any of my ripped movies. I can get into the web interface and see all the settings within sage, but there are NO movies. Not sure what I've done wrong. I'd bet there is some setting (somewhere) that I need to fix. Any ideas?
Old 12-06-2010, 08:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless, that makes perfect sense to me. I just cannot seem to get BMT web UI to do anything. I cannot see any of my ripped movies. I can get into the web interface and see all the settings within sage, but there are NO movies. Not sure what I've done wrong. I'd bet there is some setting (somewhere) that I need to fix. Any ideas?
First, did you upgrade from V6, or is this a straight V7 install? Typically if you are seeing nothing in the web ui, then there is most likely an error, being logged on the server side somewhere.

You can email me the log files from SAGE_HOME/logs/* and the SAGE_HOME/sagetv_0.txt, and i'll see what going on. Chances are, if this is an updgrade install, then there are some residual jar files confliciting. If you did upgrade from V6, then run the upgrade tool in the Sticky of this forum.
Old 12-06-2010, 09:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

stuckless, here are the files. Appreciate the help.
Attached Files
File Type: zip logs.zip (115.7 KB, 93 views)
Old 12-06-2010, 10:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
stuckless, here are the files. Appreciate the help.
Deano, I'm wondering if you could post of screen shot of what you are seeing in the web ui... I'm not seeing any indication that there is an issue from the logs Also, did you try using a different browser, just for good measure.
Old 12-06-2010, 10:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

stuckless, here is the status and browse screens. Note that all browse screen give me the same result.
Attached Images
File Type: png Picture1.png (154.9 KB, 139 views)
File Type: png Picture2.png (146.5 KB, 144 views)
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 AM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
By issuing a scan from the web ui. There's no reason that bmt can't do an automatic scan for all files whne you install it... but personally, i'd be annoyed if I installed a plugin and then it took over sage and started doing lookups for 1000s of files...so the web ui is the tool for issuing scans on deman.
Makes perfect sense.

I want to make the process automatic. Looking at my BMT status web UI, I see "Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled" set to true. So am set to go "automatic updates"? if so, when does it happen? What is the interval and can that be change?
Old 12-06-2010, 12:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Makes perfect sense.

I want to make the process automatic. Looking at my BMT status web UI, I see "Automatic Metadata/Fanart Lookups Enabled" set to true. So am set to go "automatic updates"? if so, when does it happen? What is the interval and can that be change?
If the web ui shows that as being "true" then the automatic processing is enabled. Automatic scan happend, when new media files are added to the library, and SageTV 'discovers' those files. The interval that sage uses to check for new media, is configured in the detailed menu of the stv (I don't know where, because I've never changed it).

You can force sage to look for new media files by clicking the refresh button on the top menu of the bmt web interface.
Old 12-24-2010, 09:18 AM
Sage Advanced User

nearing wit's end....

OK, I still cannot get any movies/tv shows to show up in BMT web. I can log onto the machine from many other computers in the house...that all works.

However, when I navigate to "Browse", it doesn't matter what I click, there's nothing. I've used the Sage 6 -> 7 jar script....no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT""""" I'm also using version 4.9.5
Old 12-24-2010, 10:43 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
nearing wit's end....

OK, I still cannot get any movies/tv shows to show up in BMT web. I can log onto the machine from many other computers in the house...that all works.

However, when I navigate to "Browse", it doesn't matter what I click, there's nothing. I've used the Sage 6 -> 7 jar script....no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas?

EDIT""""" I'm also using version 4.9.5
from the web ui, Help -> Create Support Request... create a zip of your log files only and email them to me. That's best way for me to see what is happing.

EDIT:
If you can't create a support request zip from the web ui, then just zip up all logs in the SAGE_HOME/logs/* and the SAGE_HOME/sagetv_0.txt (if it exists).