SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3141 View Post
Sorry, don't understand, yes, but what plugin? I have everything installed that even mentions fan art...still no go.
Well, maybe that's the problem In troubleshooting this, I would strip back your setup to the bare minimumn. I don't write the fanart plugins, so I have no idea which ones you are using, and even if you are talking about the default stv, smm, diamond theme, etc.

So, remove all fanart related plugins, except for the bmt web ui.

Then, install only ONE of the plugins listed in this thread, and test it out. Personally, I'd just install bailio's plugin and test with that. I know it works, because it's the only one that i've ever used from that list.

I think the worst thing a person can do, is to install tons of plugins and just hope things work. The more plugins you have installed, more chances that things can go wrong. So, keep plugins to a minimum and when testing out new features, like fanart, stick to one core plugin initially, until you know things are working.
Old 12-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
OK, if I let the automatic plugin scan this file, I get a good hit, complete with metadata/fanart.

If I don't let the automatic plugin scan the file, but instead I do a scan from the web ui (ie, browse to the folder that has the file, and then hit update metadata), then I get a good hit, and I end up with fanart and metadata.

But, if I don't do either of those to previous options, and then I simply edit the metadata for the item, and then I click find metadata, then the 'discover defaults' button doesn't do a very good job of cleaning up the title. This 3rd option is bug in the web ui, and I'll look at fixing it.

But, to be clear, I had no issues with the automatic scanning.
Yes, I see now that by hitting the update metadata button it did much better and got many of my files right. Still, there were many that missed, so it will take a good while to update all of these manually. Why would it not find: "500 Days of Summer.720p.mkv" or "2012.1080p.mkv" for example? These seem real easy.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Yes, I see now that by hitting the update metadata button it did much better and got many of my files right. Still, there were many that missed, so it will take a good while to update all of these manually. Why would it not find: "500 Days of Summer.720p.mkv" or "2012.1080p.mkv" for example? These seem real easy.
I just added both of those movies to my collection, hit "Refresh", they both showed up with metadata and fanart. I don't know why it's not working for you. My configuration is a stock, unmodified, configuration, as it would be when BMT is first installed.

Now, if you have .properties lying around, then bmt will skip any file that has an existing .properties, since it assumes that you already have metadata.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:21 PM
Sage Expert

Rats. While it's getting about 2/3 of them right, there are many "easy" one's it just won't get and I have to do manually. It just doesn't get much easier than "Precious.720p" (at least I think it wouldn't).

There's no properties file, and it shows up under "missing metadata," so something else must be going on here.
Old 12-09-2010, 06:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
Rats. While it's getting about 2/3 of them right, there are many "easy" one's it just won't get and I have to do manually. It just doesn't get much easier than "Precious.720p" (at least I think it wouldn't).

There's no properties file, and it shows up under "missing metadata," so something else must be going on here.
Well, if you are up for a bit of work to troubleshooting... try this....

Remove Precious.720p from your library (ie, copy it somewhere else outside of sage)
From the web ui, hit Refresh (that should tell sagetv to remove it)
Restart the sagetv server (that will clear the logs)
Add Precious.720p to your library.
From the web ui, hit "Refresh" (will cause sagetv to find it)
Wait a couple mins, and then check in the web ui, if it i has metadata.
If not, create a zip of the log files (Tools -> Create Support Request) and email to me.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Sage Expert

I'll do it. May take a day or two (or three) but I'll do it. Thanks!