SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 06-28-2010, 06:04 PM
Sage Expert

BMT 4.1/4.2 bugs?

I've noticed a few problems since upgrading to the newer BMT versions. I'm not sure if any or all of the problems existed prior to v4.1, but with v4.1/4.2 I'm using different settings and now I'm starting to see some bad things happen. Some background info (much of my setup is in my Signature at the bottom of the post)...running Window Home Server w/PP3, all current updates, Java 6 update 20, SageTV for WHS v7.0.11 (runs as a service), SageTV7.xml v7.0.11.0, and no obvious duplicate .jar files in the JARs directory.

I'll start off with the easy one Some of the fanart downloads aren't being saved with a file extension and therefore aren't being seen by SageTV. What I'm seeing is the jpg extension is being appended to the file name without the period instead of as an extension. So I get this:

Fanart-5386025623459790795jpg

instead of this:

Fanart-5386025623459790795.jpg

Previously I was using the BMT automatic metadata/fanart lookup to do just my import directories. The upgrade defaulted the automatic lookup to ANY_VIDEO and it is causing problems with fanart of recordings. It looks like the fanart for one recording is getting crosslinked with each successive recording. When I enable automatic lookup with ANY_VIDEO, the first movie records and gets its FanArt Title property set with the name of the movie...so far, so good. Every movie or TV show to record after that then gets its FanArt Title and Metadata ID set to the same values as the movie that recorded right after enabling the automatic lookup. With v4.1 installed Friday evening, on Saturday morning I noticed this fanart problem happened overnight and I was able to eventually straighten out the fanart of several recordings with the BMT web UI. I disabled the automatic lookup Saturday morning when I noticed the problem and enabled it again after upgrading to v4.2. With v4.2 installed Sunday evening, the same problem happened overnight where the first recording was fine and successive recordings had the same fanart as the first. However, today I wasn't able to get the fanart for the Sunday night/Monday morning recordings straightened out. Everytime I changed one of the crosslinked recordings, it changed all of the other crosslinked recordings too. I'll attach the phoenix.log to this post (let me know if you want the SageTV debug log, I'll have to split it in 3 parts to get the zips small enough to attach to the post)...you'll see I enabled the automatic lookup at timestamp 2010-06-27 20:33:38,263 in the phoenix.log, then a liveTV lookup happened for Seinfeld, then the movie The Rocker recorded and was correctly set with fanart, but Black Sheep and some recordings of I Survived and It's Me or the Dog were incorrectly showing The Rocker fanart in the SageTV recordings list and none of the recordings after The Rocker show up in the phoenix.log. When I woke up and checked the fanart this morning and noticed the same problem, I disabled the automatic lookup again...the disabling shows up in the phoenix.log at about 5:45am Monday morning, and my attempts to straighten out the fanart start at approximately 3pm.

Saturday morning, when trying to fix metadata and fanart in the web UI, when I changed the FanArt Title field and clicked Save, it also saved the previously defined incorrect fanart from the previously configured FanArt Title name to the newly defined fanart directory based on the newly configured FanArt Title property.

Another problem in the web UI, I believe is related to the fanart problem above, possibly when the FanArt Title is defined and is then cleared, and then clicking Save. The previously defined posters and backgrounds are saved as mentioned above, but since the FanArt Title is blank, it doesn't save them to a movie or TV show directory. Instead, the Backgrounds and Posters folders are being created in the Phoenix/FanArt/Movies and Phoenix/FanArt/TV root folders and not within a movie or TV show directory. So I ended up with Phoenix/FanArt/Movies/Backgrounds and Phoenix/FanArt/Movies/Posters (same deal with the TV folder).

I know it's been mentioned before about the views in the web UI looking all messed up. I'll attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing that may be the same issue others have mentioned. It looks like thumbnails/poster art are being scaled vertically to 120 pixles, but aren't always being scaled horizontally or are being scaled incorrectly.

I hope all of that makes sense
Attached Images
File Type: jpg RecordingsView.jpg (114.1 KB, 251 views)
Attached Files
File Type: txt phoenix.log.txt (116.0 KB, 187 views)

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters
Old 06-28-2010, 06:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post
I'll start off with the easy one Some of the fanart downloads aren't being saved with a file extension and therefore aren't being seen by SageTV. What I'm seeing is the jpg extension is being appended to the file name without the period instead of as an extension. So I get this:

instead of this:

Could I get the media file on which this was happening? and What metadata provider are you using.

Quote:
Previously I was using the BMT automatic metadata/fanart lookup to do just my import directories. The upgrade defaulted the automatic lookup to ANY_VIDEO and it is causing problems with fanart of recordings. It looks like the fanart for one recording is getting crosslinked with each successive recording. When I enable automatic lookup with ANY_VIDEO, the first movie records and gets its FanArt Title property set with the name of the movie...so far, so good. Every movie or TV show to record after that then gets its FanArt Title and Metadata ID set to the same values as the movie that recorded right after enabling the automatic lookup. With v4.1 installed Friday evening, on Saturday morning I noticed this fanart problem happened overnight and I was able to eventually straighten out the fanart of several recordings with the BMT web UI. I disabled the automatic lookup Saturday morning when I noticed the problem and enabled it again after upgrading to v4.2. With v4.2 installed Sunday evening, the same problem happened overnight where the first recording was fine and successive recordings had the same fanart as the first. However, today I wasn't able to get the fanart for the Sunday night/Monday morning recordings straightened out. Everytime I changed one of the crosslinked recordings, it changed all of the other crosslinked recordings too. I'll attach the phoenix.log to this post (let me know if you want the SageTV debug log, I'll have to split it in 3 parts to get the zips small enough to attach to the post)...you'll see I enabled the automatic lookup at timestamp 2010-06-27 20:33:38,263 in the phoenix.log, then a liveTV lookup happened for Seinfeld, then the movie The Rocker recorded and was correctly set with fanart, but Black Sheep and some recordings of I Survived and It's Me or the Dog were incorrectly showing The Rocker fanart in the SageTV recordings list and none of the recordings after The Rocker show up in the phoenix.log. When I woke up and checked the fanart this morning and noticed the same problem, I disabled the automatic lookup again...the disabling shows up in the phoenix.log at about 5:45am Monday morning, and my attempts to straighten out the fanart start at approximately 3pm.

Saturday morning, when trying to fix metadata and fanart in the web UI, when I changed the FanArt Title field and clicked Save, it also saved the previously defined incorrect fanart from the previously configured FanArt Title name to the newly defined fanart directory based on the newly configured FanArt Title property.
Cross-linked metadata rears it's ugly again Could you look in your recordings dir and see if you have any .properties. If so, then delete them. Also, go into the web ui and uncheck Configure -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings -> Update .properties when changed

I'm not 100% sure, but I have feeling the crosslinking is comming from the properties files.

Quote:
Another problem in the web UI, I believe is related to the fanart problem above, possibly when the FanArt Title is defined and is then cleared, and then clicking Save. The previously defined posters and backgrounds are saved as mentioned above, but since the FanArt Title is blank, it doesn't save them to a movie or TV show directory. Instead, the Backgrounds and Posters folders are being created in the Phoenix/FanArt/Movies and Phoenix/FanArt/TV root folders and not within a movie or TV show directory. So I ended up with Phoenix/FanArt/Movies/Backgrounds and Phoenix/FanArt/Movies/Posters (same deal with the TV folder).
If you have Fanart Enabled, then you should never clear this field. This is called the "Fanart Title" because it's basically the title that will be used to resolve the fanart for the given show/movie. If you clear it, then no title will be used.

Quote:
I know it's been mentioned before about the views in the web UI looking all messed up. I'll attach a screenshot of what I'm seeing that may be the same issue others have mentioned. It looks like thumbnails/poster art are being scaled vertically to 120 pixles, but aren't always being scaled horizontally or are being scaled incorrectly.
This code didn't really change in since 4.0, but, as was mentioned before, the media items in that view simply size to fit however much screen real-estate that it needs. That will lead to skewing of thumbnails. I may change this to a fixed size item, but that's so far down on my priority list, then I really don't think it's going to happen any time soon

Quote:
I hope all of that makes sense
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add issues for the stuff that you've listed.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:03 PM
Sage Icon

Another potential bug. I've turned off sending system messages on failed metadata searches, but when I search through the web ui for a folder I get a ton of system messages (they're legitimate failures, but I thought I shouldn't get them).

I'm also still having the problem of not getting any metadata for shows during 2-3 hours in the evening every day.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:10 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by robogeek View Post

instead of this:

I get the exact same thing in BMT 4.2. For example, I have a DVD folder called "Invictus (2009)" and it downloads the filenames below in the "Posters" folder. I use all default settings so not sure what provider I use.

Fanart-1131882411931827300jpg
Fanart-3643542565329594814jpg
Fanart-5507706165156623642jpg
invictus-original.jpg
MV5BMjAyMzExMDM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcw...512_SY512_.jpg

And the contents of the "images" file in that directory are:

# Ignoring these image files
http://hwcdn.themoviedb.org/posters/...s-original.jpg
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...512_SY512_.jpg
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)

Last edited by LehighBri; 06-28-2010 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-28-2010, 07:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by toricred View Post
Another potential bug. I've turned off sending system messages on failed metadata searches, but when I search through the web ui for a folder I get a ton of system messages (they're legitimate failures, but I thought I shouldn't get them).
I'll add an issue. But it doesn't look good There is only one place in the code where I send a system message on failure, and it checks the config value before it sends

Quote:
I'm also still having the problem of not getting any metadata for shows during 2-3 hours in the evening every day.
Is this for all providers, or just tvdb. I tknow sites like tvdb and tmdb get overwhelmed since they are free sites. Something that I've been meaning to do is add a retry queue for failed lookups that fail for a communication reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LehighBri View Post
I get the exact same thing in BMT 4.2. For example, I have a DVD folder called "Invictus (2009)" and it downloads the filenames below in the "Posters" folder. I use all default settings so not sure what provider I use.

Fanart-1131882411931827300jpg
Fanart-3643542565329594814jpg
Fanart-5507706165156623642jpg
invictus-original.jpg
MV5BMjAyMzExMDM1N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcw...512_SY512_.jpg

And the contents of the "images" file in that directory are:

# Ignoring these image files
http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...512_SY512_.jpg
I went looking for this after the last post. There is a bug, it'll be fixed in the 4.3 build (or phoenix 2.0.3). tmdb, in moving to api 2.1, changed their naming convention for fanart. All fanart gets the same "name". This resulted in phoenix only ever downloading a single item. So I added logic that would randomly name the fanart images to avoid collisions, and this works, except that I forgot a "." in the file extension

That's for all the feedback.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:52 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
Cross-linked metadata rears it's ugly again Could you look in your recordings dir and see if you have any .properties. If so, then delete them. Also, go into the web ui and uncheck Configure -> SageTV -> Metadata Settings -> Update .properties when changed

I'm not 100% sure, but I have feeling the crosslinking is comming from the properties files.
I don't have any .properties files in any of my recording directories. I did have the Update .properties setting checked, and unchecked it as you suggested. I did some more playing around with this and have some additional info. I had 5 recordings crosslinked with the same FanArt Title and Metadata ID. I deleted the 3 TV shows and left 2 movie recordings...The Rocker and Black Sheep. Originally, both movies showed the same fanart and had the same FanArt Title and Metadata ID properties set in the web UI. Within SageTV, they displayed their respective metadata but both displayed fanart for The Rocker. In the web UI, I selected Black Sheep, changed the FanArt Title to Black Sheep, clicked Find Metadata to get metadata and fanart and clicked Save. Doing that, both movies got set with the same properties in the web UI. So when selecting Black Sheep metadata for the Black Sheep movie, it populated correctly in the web UI. Then I went back to select The Rocker, and it also showed the same Black Sheep metadata instead of The Rocker metadata it was previously showing.

Going into SageTV, in All Recordings and Recording Detail screens, The Rocker still shows the proper metadata for The Rocker and Black Sheep shows the proper metadata for Black Sheep, even though the web UI shows both movies with Black Sheep metadata. So it appears somehow BMT is populating the first recording correctly and failing on successive recordings and is incorrectly applying the non-failed recording FanArt Title and Metadata ID to these successive recordings instead of fully processing them. It must be failing somewhere on successive recordings since only the first one showed up in my phoenix.log and none of the successive recordings showed up. Is there any additional logging I can enable or more verbose logging I can set to possibly catch that failure? I'm not sure what to think about the discrepancy between the metadata that displays in SageTV and what displays in the BMT web UI. Is it possible that instead of .properties file linking, could it be the metadata that is stored in the recording files themselves that is somehow causing the linking? Is there any way I can compare what metadata is stored in the recording file to the metadata that is in the wiz.bin?

Quote:
If you have Fanart Enabled, then you should never clear this field. This is called the "Fanart Title" because it's basically the title that will be used to resolve the fanart for the given show/movie. If you clear it, then no title will be used.
I see. What I was doing Saturday morning was looking at a group of 5 TV recordings, where 3 had the proper fanart and flagged as TV in the dropdown in the web UI, and the other 2 were showing the wrong fanart with the FanArt Title from a movie and had the Movie flag set in the dropdown instead of TV. I just made the properties for the 2 wrong recordings look like the good ones...the good ones were recorded before I had BMT set to automatic with the ANY_VIDEO setting, so their FanArt Title entries were blank. I blanked the 2 bad ones and that seemed to do the trick. I was assuming it would fall back to Movie Title for movies and Show Title for TV shows when looking for fanart. And the recordings that do have blank FanArt Title entry appear to still have the correct FanArt Location displaying in the web UI.

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback. I'll add issues for the stuff that you've listed.
Hey, that's what beta testers are for

Server Hardware: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R, Intel Q9550 CPU 2.83GHz, 11GB RAM, 1xHDHR, 1xHVR1600, 1xHVR2250
29TB Server Storage: 1TB SSD (OS), 1TB (data), 2x6TB+2x10TB (22TB FlexRaid storage pool), 2x2TB (recordings), 1x750GB (VMs).
Server Software: Win10 Pro x64 OS, SageTV 64bit v9.2.0.441, Java 1.8 u241, PlayOn, Comskip (Donator) v0.82.003, WampServer v2.5.
Clients: 3xHD300s, 2xHD100, 2xPlaceshifters