SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2005, 03:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to neilbradley
Two bugs in 3.0.13

Installed 3.0.13. I very much like the weather reporting - awesome! Makes it so I don't have to visit the weather channel.

Okay, now on to the two new bugs I've observed:

1) Last night, after installation, I started the SageTV service, then brought up SageTV. It started recording in the middle of The X Files (a favorite) at the point where the SageTV service was started. I sat down and watched the show, and when it hit the 1 hour mark (end of the show), the screen just froze. I hit "guide" and whatnot and it would go to the guide screen, but I was stuck at the last frame of the show I just watched. I don't recall what I did to get it to "unstick", but I would expect that it would just continue on with recording. In this case, another episode of the X Files followed it. 3.0.11 Doesn't do this. I was both watching live TV *AND* it was one of my favorites.

2) When I look at the "space free" in the system info area, it only shows 160 gigabytes (for my local hard drive), but does not show space on my network drive (400 gigabytes) even though it's in my list of video directories and it's actively storing shows on that drive. Is this a bug? 3.0.11 Didn't have this issue.

-->Neil
Old 10-19-2005, 07:11 AM
Sage Aficionado

On your point #1 I frequently get this condition. You don't do anything to fix it. It seems if just restarts by itself. I believe even though the video frame is frozen it is still recording. It seems to catch up when it restarts. I had this in 3.11 as well. I'm hoping it will be fixed before the final release.
HTPC(self built dedicated )/SageTV 7.1.8 Beta /SG01 Silverstone Case/ Intel Dual Core Q6600/ Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H mATX MOBO 2GB RAM /WD 300GB SATA Drive/HD-PVR, Sage HD-300, HDHomerun, Nvidia 8600GTS Graphics Card/Windows 7 SP1/USB-UIRT-controlling one SA4250HD STB's/Harmony 700 Remote.
Old 10-19-2005, 04:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via MSN to neilbradley
Yes, I've also noticed the spinning SageTV icon occasionally as well, where the whole system will freeze for 5-10 seconds, then start working again. This wasn't present in 3.0.11. I haven't been able to discern a pattern for it yet.

FWIW, It does continue to record - I just have trouble getting it "unstuck". And it did it to me again twice last night - both with shows I was recording and watching at the same time.

-->Neil
Old 10-19-2005, 05:08 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
I had similar but it was when the machine was being used for something else at the same time (I was copying a few gigs of files in the background) I wrote it off however to that and the fact that a few mins after that I had powersupply issues. It happened again after I fixed that however. Ill check tonight to see if I can trigger it again and send it in if I can.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:10 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to Ryokurin Send a message via AIM to Ryokurin Send a message via Yahoo to Ryokurin
As a followup its fixed for me. Yes it still stutters when items are going on in the background but thats obvious. it goes back to normal now after its finished.