SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations > Batch Metadata Tools
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Batch Metadata Tools This forums is for discussing the user-created Batch Metadata Tools for SageTV.

Old 12-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Can this thread be stickied (or would it be stuckless-ied?).
Having a thread with this title and that includes the URL for accessing BMT will be a huge boon for the BMT wanna-users (like me).

Mitch
Old 12-02-2010, 07:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch G View Post
Can this thread be stickied (or would it be stuckless-ied?).
Having a thread with this title and that includes the URL for accessing BMT will be a huge boon for the BMT wanna-users (like me).

Mitch
Hello Mitch, I'm currently working on some documentation... I realize the documentation for bmt is sparse and out of date That's a clear sign that I work on too many projects and as a result I can't do a good job at keeping the documentation up to up2date.

Hopefully over the next month, I'll have some better documentation. When that's ready, I'll put a sticky to that. But until then, I can make this a sticky, if you think it would help others.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:18 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuckless View Post
BMT runs in 2 modes... the first being an automated processor that checks each file (tv or movie) and then attempts to find metadata/fanart for that movie as its added to your library. .
Ok baby step for me

How do I turn on the Automated processing in BMT? I like automated stuff
Old 12-02-2010, 01:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Ok baby step for me

How do I turn on the Automated processing in BMT? I like automated stuff
The automatic processor is enabled by default when you install the plugin. There is nothing more to do. BUT, the automatic plugin DOES NOT scan pre existing files... it will only scan new files that are added to the library. I think this is one of the biggest misconceptions people have about the automatic plugin, is that they expect it to scan all of the files that are in their library, as well as new additions, but bmt only scans new additions.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:39 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
Installing BMT is really easy in v7 and the plugin manager. Once installed all you have to do is navigate to:

http://localhost:8080/bmt
username - password
sage - frey

That will get you up and running in no time. Just remember to backup your wiz.bin file as BMT is manipulating it.
Is there a way to disable the password feature? Chrome makes me re-enter it everytime.

Thanks.
Old 12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by milhouse34521 View Post
Is there a way to disable the password feature? Chrome makes me re-enter it everytime.

Thanks.
I use chrome as well, and after I enter the password it puts a message at the top of the browser window asking me to save.

There isn't an easy way to disable the password feature, and even if you did, it would re-appear on the next update.

If you do want to get rid of the password prompt, you can edit the jetty/contexts/bmt.xml and comment out or remove the following section.

Code:
  <Get name="securityHandler">
    <Set name="userRealm">
      <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.HashUserRealm">
        <Set name="name">Metadata Tools Web (BMT)</Set>
        <Set name="config"><SystemProperty name="jetty.home" default="."/>/etc/realm.properties</Set>
      </New>
    </Set>
    <Set name="checkWelcomeFiles">true</Set>
    <Set name="constraintMappings">
      <Array type="org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintMapping">
        <Item>
          <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.ConstraintMapping">
            <Set name="constraint">
              <New class="org.mortbay.jetty.security.Constraint">
                <Set name="name">BASIC</Set>
                <Set name="roles">
                  <Array type="java.lang.String">
                    <Item>user</Item>
                    <Item>admin</Item>
                    <Item>moderator</Item>
                  </Array>
                </Set>
                <Set name="authenticate">true</Set>
              </New>
            </Set>
            <Set name="pathSpec">/*</Set>
          </New>
        </Item>
      </Array>
    </Set>
  </Get>
Old 12-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage User

Thanks.

I'll just figure out whats wrong with chrome. (It prompted me to save but even though I did it still asks)
Old 12-06-2010, 12:00 PM
Sage Expert

I have fanart enabled, with the default path of D:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart.

When I browse in Sage Video Imports and click on a movie I do indeed see a fanart location and filename at the bottom, yet no Fanart directory exists in the past specified above when I look via explorer.

A little confused... any help appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, I think I see. It lists the default fanart location even if no metadata has been found yet. A bit confusing, but think I got it.

Last edited by Chriscic; 12-06-2010 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:08 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
I have fanart enabled, with the default path of D:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\STVs\Phoenix\Fanart.

When I browse in Sage Video Imports and click on a movie I do indeed see a fanart location and filename at the bottom, yet no Fanart directory exists in the past specified above when I look via explorer.

A little confused... any help appreciated.

EDIT: Ok, I think I see. It lists the default fanart location even if no metadata has been found yet. A bit confusing, but think I got it.
The Fanart folder is listed as a reference so that you can know where to dump manual fanart, if needed. It is the location of the fanart folder, but that folder many not actually exist, as you noticed.
Old 12-06-2010, 12:33 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks Stuckless. Another q if I may (not sure if I should be asking here or creating a new thread below):

I'm starting to figure everything out, and I can manually add metadata if I click on the movie, select "find metadata" and then type in only the title in the search title box. If I don't do that though, it can't find the metadata.

Here is the default name for my movies:
title.year.resolution.x264 (e.g. "moviename.2009.1080p.x264")

I would think via the Phoenix "Fanart/Metadata Options," "ignore words in title" default it would just know to search for the title, but it doesn't seem to do that, either automatically or when I hit the find metadata button one by one. Are the periods messing it up perhaps?

What am I missing? Thanks!
Old 12-06-2010, 12:36 PM
Sage Fanatic

Yes, great plug-in!
I too have another Q

Will this plugin also process mp3 recordings and update the MP3 tags accordingly?
Old 12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks Stuckless. Another q if I may (not sure if I should be asking here or creating a new thread below):

I'm starting to figure everything out, and I can manually add metadata if I click on the movie, select "find metadata" and then type in only the title in the search title box. If I don't do that though, it can't find the metadata.

Here is the default name for my movies:
title.year.resolution.x264 (e.g. "moviename.2009.1080p.x264")

I would think via the Phoenix "Fanart/Metadata Options," "ignore words in title" default it would just know to search for the title, but it doesn't seem to do that, either automatically or when I hit the find metadata button one by one. Are the periods messing it up perhaps?

What am I missing? Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe123 View Post
Yes, great plug-in!
I too have another Q

When you bring up the Find Metadata dialog, and you click, "Discover defaults", it should fill the information for you. When you do that, do you still see perdiods in the title?

Will this plugin also process mp3 recordings and update the MP3 tags accordingly?
No, at the moment, it does nothing for music.
Old 12-06-2010, 01:41 PM
Sage Expert

Stuckless,
Looks like you are about to maybe reply... anyway, I solved it by adding periods to the ignore words in title section.

Seems to be working great now. Thanks1
Old 12-06-2010, 02:40 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Stuckless,
Looks like you are about to maybe reply... anyway, I solved it by adding periods to the ignore words in title section.

Seems to be working great now. Thanks1
well, that is odd... i quoted your selection, well, because I was going to reply... but i guess my mind wandered, sorry about that

What I was going to suggest is that you hit the "discover defaults" button on the find metadata dialog to see if that will auto populate your data with correct data.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
well, that is odd... i quoted your selection, well, because I was going to reply... but i guess my mind wandered, sorry about that

What I was going to suggest is that you hit the "discover defaults" button on the find metadata dialog to see if that will auto populate your data with correct data.

Actually I don't even think I saved when I added the periods, so not sure that did anything.

Anyway, now I did save but doesn't seem to be working... e.g. when I do try to find metadata those terms still show up in the search box (e.g. .720p still shows up).

Ok, I think I need to start over from scratch, because things probably got a bit confused as I changed some settings in the middle of the scan. Also I changed a few of the source filenames and I can't figure out how you're supposed to get the metadata tools to recognize that.

What's the best way to start over? I selected remove fanart and remove .properties files from the tools menu, but a bunch of them are still there. Can I just remove those manually and then restart the process? Should I also select clear custom metadata fields?

Another dumb q... so the fanart is saved where you select it to be saved, but the boxart (.jpg) and actual metadata (the properties files) are saved in the same directory as all your movies? Do they have to reside there?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it did eventually remove all the properties files, but there are still a bunch of jpgs in there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok, I'm pretty sure now that adding in a term like ".720p" into ignore words in title doesn't work, presumably because there's no space before it and therefore metadata tools doesn't recognize the term because its not seeing it as a separate term/word. Any way around this? I'd hate to have to find metadata one at a time for most files. Thanks again.

Last edited by Chriscic; 12-06-2010 at 04:50 PM.
Old 12-06-2010, 07:08 PM
Sage Advanced User

Not again...

Hi, seems like every time I re-install sagetv I lose the fanart. Meaning it no longer loads in the Videos menu, and only looks at the generated thumbs for fanart.

I have the plugin's installed, and bmt is working fine. It has populated c:\program files/sage/sage/movies with a lot of nice looking art, but I can't get it to load in sage. The same seems to be true of the recorded TV shows as well...

What's the trick?
Old 12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Actually I don't even think I saved when I added the periods, so not sure that did anything.

Anyway, now I did save but doesn't seem to be working... e.g. when I do try to find metadata those terms still show up in the search box (e.g. .720p still shows up).

Ok, I think I need to start over from scratch, because things probably got a bit confused as I changed some settings in the middle of the scan. Also I changed a few of the source filenames and I can't figure out how you're supposed to get the metadata tools to recognize that.

What's the best way to start over? I selected remove fanart and remove .properties files from the tools menu, but a bunch of them are still there. Can I just remove those manually and then restart the process? Should I also select clear custom metadata fields?

Another dumb q... so the fanart is saved where you select it to be saved, but the boxart (.jpg) and actual metadata (the properties files) are saved in the same directory as all your movies? Do they have to reside there?

Thanks!

EDIT: Looks like it did eventually remove all the properties files, but there are still a bunch of jpgs in there.

ANOTHER EDIT: Ok, I'm pretty sure now that adding in a term like ".720p" into ignore words in title doesn't work, presumably because there's no space before it and therefore metadata tools doesn't recognize the term because its not seeing it as a separate term/word. Any way around this? I'd hate to have to find metadata one at a time for most files. Thanks again.
When you select to remove .properties and fanart, it only remove fanart and properties for items in your sagetv library. So, yeah, you can safely remove any other residual files, if you want.

It might just be easier if you posted your filename, and then I can test that in my setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo3141 View Post
Hi, seems like every time I re-install sagetv I lose the fanart. Meaning it no longer loads in the Videos menu, and only looks at the generated thumbs for fanart.

I have the plugin's installed, and bmt is working fine. It has populated c:\program files/sage/sage/movies with a lot of nice looking art, but I can't get it to load in sage. The same seems to be true of the recorded TV shows as well...

What's the trick?
BMT doing contribute anything to the STV (ie Sage UI), but this sounds like your plugins are being loaded. If you were seeing fanart, then you need to know which plugin provided that, and see if it is still loaded.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Expert

Here's another example:
17 Again.1080p.x264.mkv

Thanks
Old 12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Here's another example:
17 Again.1080p.x264.mkv

Thanks
OK, if I let the automatic plugin scan this file, I get a good hit, complete with metadata/fanart.

If I don't let the automatic plugin scan the file, but instead I do a scan from the web ui (ie, browse to the folder that has the file, and then hit update metadata), then I get a good hit, and I end up with fanart and metadata.

But, if I don't do either of those to previous options, and then I simply edit the metadata for the item, and then I click find metadata, then the 'discover defaults' button doesn't do a very good job of cleaning up the title. This 3rd option is bug in the web ui, and I'll look at fixing it.

But, to be clear, I had no issues with the automatic scanning.
Old 12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
When you select to remove .properties and fanart, it only remove fanart and properties for items in your sagetv library. So, yeah, you can safely remove any other residual files, if you want.

It might just be easier if you posted your filename, and then I can test that in my setup.

BMT doing contribute anything to the STV (ie Sage UI), but this sounds like your plugins are being loaded. If you were seeing fanart, then you need to know which plugin provided that, and see if it is still loaded.
Sorry, don't understand, yes, but what plugin? I have everything installed that even mentions fan art...still no go.