SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:26 AM
SageTVaholic

Slowness on Skip FWD on Extender

I am running SageV7 and I have 5 HD-200 extenders. On one of the extenders when I press Skip Fwd (the 10 second skip) more than once I will often get the spinning circle for a second or two when watching HD programs from my HD-PVR (this may also happen when watching other HD but I don't use my other tuners very much). On all of my other extenders I get instant skip FWDs without the circle appearing at all, even when pushing the button 10 times in rapid succession.

This only happens on one of my extenders and the unique thing about this extender is that it uses a MOCA network with Motorola NIM-100s to deliver broadband over my coaxial cable since I did not have a Cat5/6 run to this part of the house. When I installed this hardware over a year ago I found that my sustained network speed for PC to PC file transfers using this network segment was about 45 Mbps - I have not checked this recently to see if this speed has degraded.

Is it possible that the reason for the spinning circle is that the network speed is not fast enough? Do others using Wifi have similar experiences? Or is it possible that there is something else wrong with the extender - I have tried doing a cold reboot and I believe that all extenders are using the same firware which would be the beta firmware from 2-3 months ago.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:53 AM
SageTVaholic

Have you tried swapping that extender to another location to see if the problem remains with that network hardware or moves with the extender?
Old 11-09-2010, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Good idea - I will try that as soon as I can.
Old 11-14-2010, 02:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Yes, this problem still persists when I swap extenders with one that works perfectly in another place - leading me to guess that this is an issue with insufficient network capacity.