SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 AM
Sage Icon

Sage Not Deleting Shows - Clean the Drive

Hello - I notice sometimes if I start and then stop a show Sage is not deleting the show off the hard drive. It is not in Sage Recordings but the file is still on the drive. Why didn't it erase it? If I play the show (don't record) and then stop the show it is not always erasing the file. Is there some way I can clean the entire Sage folder of everything that is not in the videos? There's too many shows to go through all my recordings but I would like to clean the folders of any files that are not in Sage Recordings.

Mike
Old 10-27-2010, 06:19 AM
Sage Icon

Think those are LiveTV shows. Check your settings, there is one about deleting LiveTV shows if not Recorded (Manual or Favorite).

Think that only applies for new files, not the old.
Old 10-28-2010, 11:31 AM
Sage Icon

Where is that setting in the setup?

Mike
Old 10-28-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage Icon

I see it now in detailed setup, Delete Live TV files when not using intelligent recording and I have that set to YES so I'm not sure what the problem is. It does not always seem to delete the shows. It also sounds like it would be next to impossible to clean the folders of files that are not in the sage recordings because with the number of shows I have it would be too difficult to tell which files are in the folders that are not in Sage Recordings and are therefore just taking up dead space on the drive.

Mike