SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 02-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Sage User

After clean re-install tv shows now in Imports folder

OK, I just wiped my boot drive and put on a clean windows xp pro(spring cleaning) and brought back in my sage folder that I'd backed up and then reinstalled sage 6.0.19 to get the dlls into the new windows.

That done, now all my old recordings on my media drive are no longer in my tv recordings folder, but are in the media imported videos folder.

Any way to get them back into the tv recordings folder... especially with their show data?
Old 02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Sage Icon

If you saved your old wiz.bin, then replace your new one with the old one nad you'll recordings will be back.

If not, then no, you can't. (You could manually edit each file in nielm's webserver, but that would be a hack and not 100% accurate.) They would show up in TV recordings, but would not match your new wiz.bin so they would be re-recorded later.

Clients: 1 MediaMVP, 1 Placeshifter Client, & 1 SageTV Client.
Old 02-25-2007, 09:25 PM
Administrator

.. and if you kept your old wiz.bin, but it doesn't seem to be getting used, you may have installed SageTV into a new directory but the properties file still has entries that point to its previous install dir. If that is the case, close SageTV & fix the paths in sage.properties so that it uses the correct wiz.bin.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4
.. and if you kept your old wiz.bin, but it doesn't seem to be getting used, you may have installed SageTV into a new directory but the properties file still has entries that point to its previous install dir. If that is the case, close SageTV & fix the paths in sage.properties so that it uses the correct wiz.bin.

- Andy
Yep, yep. This exact thing happened to me recently and the above process worked perfectly to fix it.

Another thing I thought of is that if you first restored your Sage TV folder and THEN installed Sage, it could have over-written your wiz.bin file. If that happened, simply replacing it as everyone has mentioned should fix the problem.
Old 02-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Sage User

Yup yup, thanks. I thought so, but wanted to make sure. Thanks!