SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-27-2011, 09:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm still not able to get the letter indexing to work as shown in your example with the Album listing. I think you said that it had been disabled in earlier versions of iOS. Is there any way I can check the state on my particular installation? Perhaps re-enable now that I'm on 4.2.1? Thanks.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy View Post
Not to sound like a broken record, but I'm still not able to get the letter indexing to work as shown in your example with the Album listing.
Are you seeing the index anywhere at all, like say for the Favorites?
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-27-2011, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can see the index in Recordings/Favorites list (and also show shaded grey demaracation for each letter in scroll list).

I do not see the index in...
Media/Albums (all sort by options)
Media/Photos (all sort by options fail, however sorting by title and selecting a title will display indexed listing when multiple matching titles occur)
Media/Songs (all sort options fail at this level, however sortnig by title or artist and then selecting will display indexed listing)
Media/Videos (all sort options fail, however sorting by folder and then scrolling to the bottom of the list finds the root "/", selecting here produce indexed listing (all sort options fail, even selecting a title at this level will not produce an indexed listing)

This may be user error, and if so, please forgive me for pestering.
Extenders: 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-300 on Atlona PRO3HD66m
Sage: V9.0.14.567 with OpenDCT on unRaid docker, Gemstone, BMT, Web UI, PlayOn, TiSage
Old 02-27-2011, 04:53 PM
Sage Icon

Ok, not every list will produce an index. For example, if you're sorting by date, then the index doesn't really make sense (it could if I used a date index instead of first letter, but that's something different).

I am looking into changing some of those lists, so it's not in its definitive form yet.

EDIT: And yes, there is no index for the "Sort by..." part, there is an iOS SDK incompatibility where you can't get unique names and have index at the same time.
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 02-27-2011, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I'll hope with you I would like the sort by date to stay grouped by show as well.
OK, it's in 1.12, if some people don't like the changes, I'll send them to both of you...
Old 02-28-2011, 10:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
OK, it's in 1.12, if some people don't like the changes, I'll send them to both of you...

In all seriousness had some people over last night and was showing off your app with my setup. Being able to pull up any one of the 5 extenders or client pc's see what is playing and send any video or tv show to anyone really impressed. (other then the couple of times it crashed)

It also made me think it would be nice to see what is currently being controled on all screens I know it is on the remote screen but would be nice to have on other screens as well.

If you wanted to take that a step further Add playto options on the play screen ie you wouldn't have to change what you are controlling but could just hit play to client 3 or whatever.

Been waiting for an app like this for a while thanks again well worth the $30!
Old 02-28-2011, 11:04 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
It also made me think it would be nice to see what is currently being controled on all screens I know it is on the remote screen but would be nice to have on other screens as well.
Actually, the iPad does have the extra room, so it could be done, but on the iPod/iPhone, that wouldn't work.

Quote:
If you wanted to take that a step further Add playto options on the play screen ie you wouldn't have to change what you are controlling but could just hit play to client 3 or whatever.
Once I take out the generic clients configuration from TiSageTV and feed the actual clients from SageTCPServer, that's the kind of thing that would make sense.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That's the kind of thing that would go well in the app store review... And make up for the people that can't seem to find the wiki and other support resources (yes I'm talking of you budrecki)...
Old 02-28-2011, 07:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
That's the kind of thing that would go well in the app store review... And make up for the people that can't seem to find the wiki and other support resources (yes I'm talking of you budrecki)...
Review written !!

I showed it off again tonight and sold another sagetv user
Old 02-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:

In all seriousness had some people over last night and was showing off your app with my setup. Being able to pull up any one of the 5 extenders or client pc's see what is playing and send any video or tv show to anyone really impressed. (other then the couple of times it crashed)

I guess my invite must have gotten lost in the mail...

I have to agree, $30 compared to a crestron at $10k is not too bad...

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 02-28-2011, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
But that's already working like that, if you select a genre, the next list will be sorted and show the index... Though I see that it's in reversed alphabetical order.
Seems to not show the index on iPad in landscape mode.
Old 02-28-2011, 09:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

I usually view my videos using the category view in sage v7. It seems the Genre view in TISagetv is slightly different. I don't get all the same movies. Is there a difference between genre and category in sagetv?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Random thought: would it be possible to have a keyboard page as part of the remote so you could use the iPad as a keyboard for the extenders?
Old 02-28-2011, 09:40 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
I don't get all the same movies. Is there a difference between genre and category in sagetv?
In principle they should be the same...

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
Random thought: would it be possible to have a keyboard page as part of the remote so you could use the iPad as a keyboard for the extenders?
I'm pretty sure I have something for that in SageTCPServer, so just need to figure out how to fit it in...
Old 03-02-2011, 12:44 PM
Sage User

It looks like version 1.08 is the most recent available, but your site lists several ones after that. Are they just planned or are they finished but not approved by Apple?

Couple comments:
1. I had to restart my iPhone4 in order to get it to connect. No problems after that.
2. Playing a video is touch intensive. First I find it in the video list and select. Now I select it on the second page which adds a thumbnail. Then on the next page I can tell it to play. Having the option to play/stream on each step of the way would be nice.
3. When sorting by folder, if there are several folders with the same names all the video's in those folders get put together.
4. Searching would be nice
Old 03-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Sage User

Is this possible?

Would it be possible to add some type of network connection icon on the remote pages like that of the home page? I know there is not much screen space there(iPod) but if I close the app there and come back to it later, at times it does not reconnect and there is no indication on the remote pages.

Looking forward to the next release!!
Thanks for all of your work!
Old 03-02-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian89gp View Post
It looks like version 1.08 is the most recent available, but your site lists several ones after that. Are they just planned or are they finished but not approved by Apple?
Apple's approval process takes about one week, and resubmitting a new binary would reset the position to last. The version 1.10 I submitted to Apple on February 25th still hasn't gone "in review", so probably won't be available from the app store before Friday... Any version after that are only available to my iPod Touch and 3 selected private beta testers: the Tallus owner's iPhone 3, Stuntman's iPhone 4 and jphipps' iPad...

Quote:
1. I had to restart my iPhone4 in order to get it to connect. No problems after that.
Hmm, not sure what could affect that.

Quote:
2. Playing a video is touch intensive. First I find it in the video list and select. Now I select it on the second page which adds a thumbnail. Then on the next page I can tell it to play. Having the option to play/stream on each step of the way would be nice.
When there is only one match, I do have plans to take out the "thumbnail" step. From the detailed view, I could probably directly provide the buttons too, though that would cut on the available space to display the information...

Quote:
3. When sorting by folder, if there are several folders with the same names all the video's in those folders get put together.
Yes, I also have plans to offer a better navigation. What you are seeing is due to looking for folder*, which indeed has issues when you have sub folders within.

Quote:
4. Searching would be nice
Yes it's planned too.
Old 03-02-2011, 01:25 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by steambuilder View Post
Would it be possible to add some type of network connection icon on the remote pages like that of the home page? I know there is not much screen space there(iPod)
I could probably use a similar dark blue bar at the top, which host those icons and add buttons to go to specific remotes... Instead of scrolling like now, I would have say 3 remotes, so that I can add those user configurable buttons and possibly a keyboard...
Old 03-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Sage User

For #2, how about a "<" button on the right most side of the table rows on the main video page (the one with no thumbnails and long TXT list of video's). When you hit it, it expands "Play, Stream, and ">"" buttons leftward over the selected video. The row in the table that used to show the TXT movie title now has the 3 buttons on it. Should take up only minimal room.

See attached picture. The second movie in the list has the "<" button. The third movie has had the button pressed so the play/stream/cancel buttons are slid across
Attached Images
File Type: png 1.PNG (124.8 KB, 196 views)
Old 03-02-2011, 02:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian89gp View Post
The second movie in the list has the "<" button. The third movie has had the button pressed so the play/stream/cancel buttons are slid across
To do this, it will require to know how many matches are for all the rows of the list. Since you could have "Heroes season 1" as one of those rows, and the play/stream wouldn't be applicable... By adapting the "Sort by date" logic, I should be able to get that count...

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod