SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 04-08-2011, 02:31 PM
SageTVaholic

I also think that SageTV wouldn't like it too much if you used Airplay as you could look at that as a substitute for buying an extender or a PS license and that could cut into Sage's revenue stream.
Old 04-08-2011, 02:38 PM
Sage Icon

Should Apple ever release an official SDK for AppleTV, and make it compatible enough to their iPhone/iPod/iPad SDK, that would be different...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
I don't think that's the airplay you had in mind, that one is to develop multi-platform app in C++...

As for this AirPlay, it seems inefficient to stream in to the iOS device, just to stream back out to an AppleTV or such...
Well. That's just confusing. Oh well.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
I also think that SageTV wouldn't like it too much if you used Airplay as you could look at that as a substitute for buying an extender or a PS license and that could cut into Sage's revenue stream.
I don't disagree with you, but I think they are not quite the same thing. I'm really only referring to the ability to control airplay compatible devices. From my understanding (and from what I've seen) it isn't even close to as good as the extenders. I would only want the control functionality along with the ability for people with compatible devices to show videos/play music on my system that I don't currently have. That and the ability for people to vote on the song that will play next is pretty awesome.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:06 PM
Sage Icon

On the iPod/iPhone running iOS 4.3, I can use:

moviePlayer.allowsAirPlay = YES;

Which in principle should allow to stream to AirPlay devices, but that has nothing to do with the controls that you are talking about...
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 04-08-2011, 04:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fonceur View Post
On the iPod/iPhone running iOS 4.3, I can use:

moviePlayer.allowsAirPlay = YES;

Which in principle should allow to stream to AirPlay devices, but that has nothing to do with the controls that you are talking about...
Interesting. So we could send music on a sage server (in theory) over to an airplay compatible device? What about the other way. People streaming to a sagetv device? That doesn't have anything to do with you app does it?
Old 04-08-2011, 04:48 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
So we could send music on a sage server (in theory) over to an airplay compatible device?
Yes, you could do SageTV Server -> iOS device -> AirPlay device. That is assuming that there aren't any specific restrictions as to what can be streamed out to the AirPlay device...

Quote:
What about the other way. People streaming to a sagetv device? That doesn't have anything to do with you app does it?
No, that would be more like using Hulu/NetFlix in SageTV, a totally different ball game...
Old 04-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Sage Icon

Version 1.30

- Added more search options.
- Renamed some menus to match the default SageTV UI.

Version 1.29

- Get the Jetty HTTP port number from SageTCPServer.
- Improved the database partial wipes.
- Improved the Sort by folder.
- Fix: The "Sort by folder" did not work properly when metadata were added.
- Moved the Manual recordings out of Favorites.
- [iPad] Removed the LiveTV option.
- Start showing the TV guide before getting all the requested data.

The main thing being able to search your videos/etc. Now the "Sort by folder" should work reliably, even though I still don't like its navigation...

Last edited by Fonceur; 04-12-2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:58 PM
Sage User

I am using this app much more and it is really great. I just downloaded version 1.30 and have some observations.

Live TV - it is awkward in that there is no back button in the menu bar - you are left hanging and have to tap the info button on the bottom to get to the home screen - all other areas have a home button to go back.

Photos - I have over 10,000 photos - I go into photos, I see the number accumulate and then I see a folder - when I click on that folder, it dies - well, I waited 2 minutes and nothing happened, I reloaded the app and tried again - same result.

TV recordings - it would be great to show the TV series fanart (like Diamond does) when seeing the list of TV Series - and, it would be great to see the "new" series and episode numbers too (new to the latest Sage Beta). Diamond also shows the season and episode and allows sorting on this - that would be ideal. I don't see any option to change the sort order like other areas of the app (for example, in the menu bar in videos there is a sort option button)

Videos - fanart, but I understand it is a cache issue with space. Maybe make it a preference to show/hide?

Again, great app - it is really maturing to be a very useful application.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileydogmi View Post
Live TV - it is awkward in that there is no back button in the menu bar - you are left hanging and have to tap the info button on the bottom to get to the home screen - all other areas have a home button to go back.
Well, the Status is a different tab, there is no cross-tab navigation besides actually tapping the tab bar buttons... I guess I could make the switch to the Status optional, but then people wouldn't know the tap worked...

Quote:
Photos - I have over 10,000 photos - I go into photos, I see the number accumulate and then I see a folder - when I click on that folder, it dies - well, I waited 2 minutes and nothing happened, I reloaded the app and tried again - same result.
If you want to pm me the info to access your server, I can try to see what is going on.. Do you have multiple folders or are the 10k photos in a single folder?

Quote:
TV recordings - it would be great to show the TV series fanart (like Diamond does) when seeing the list of TV Series - and, it would be great to see the "new" series and episode numbers too (new to the latest Sage Beta).
I do plan to make some changes to use the new features, but not before SageTV comes out of beta with them.

Quote:
I don't see any option to change the sort order like other areas of the app (for example, in the menu bar in videos there is a sort option button)
You can sort by date/genre/title/year... Or did you mean the Schedule? For schedule, Favorite, Alerts and so on, I figured it wasn't that important to provide extra sorting, but it could definitely be added.

Quote:
Videos - fanart, but I understand it is a cache issue with space. Maybe make it a preference to show/hide?
Well, there is someone looking at a more graphical approach...
Old 04-13-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage User

pm sent! Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Airport express emulator. This could be used to make sagetv airplay compatible. Interesting.
Old 04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Sage Advanced User

Deleting recorded shows

great app which I use constantly... however I notice that I can no longer delete recorded TV shows from TiSage, which I found very useful for cleaning up previously watched recordings, etc. Is it me or did this disappear with the last version>? thanks
Old 04-19-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGsell View Post
however I notice that I can no longer delete recorded TV shows from TiSage, which I found very useful for cleaning up previously watched recordings, etc. Is it me or did this disappear with the last version>?
You need to enable it in the Settings outside the app...
Old 04-19-2011, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

I tried that once - will try again and reboot the phone. thanks
Old 04-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Sage Icon

Version 1.32

- Added cover art to the list of Albums.
- [iPad] Added the item count to more lists.
- Got rid of the "Stream in Safari".
- Added possible AirPlay streaming.

Version 1.31

- Fix: The Remote's Client name did not update when switching on the iPhone/iPod.
- Fix: In landscape mode, the Remote of the iPod/iPhone had the wrong navigation bar.
- Tweaked the Remote.
Old 04-22-2011, 12:45 PM
Sage User

I'm a penny pincher, but am considering purshasing the iOS version. Since you can't try before you buy in iOS, I have a few questions.

1 - Will it remember "last position"? Is this only in-app, or does it know that I started watching on an extender?

2 - If I pause and walk away for 30 mins and then play again - will the video resume? (this is a major headache I have with streaming through the mobile web interface - I constantly have to go out of the video, back to the web page - refresh to make the video link appear again, start the video, and then try to manually get back to "last position".)

3 - Comskip? Pretty sure I've previously seen the answer "No", but was wondering if there are plans?

4 - Should I be concerned about an official SageTV port for iOS? I'd hate to spend money on this, only to have an official app pop up in a few months.

Last edited by teststrips; 04-22-2011 at 12:47 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Sage Icon

Regarding the streaming, it is using the Media streaming plugin just like the web server for mobile, so don't expect things to work much differently... Except for the videos being available, while the last time I checked the web server only streamed recordings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teststrips View Post
4 - Should I be concerned about an official SageTV port for iOS? I'd hate to spend money on this, only to have an official app pop up in a few months.
Well, considering that Sage still hasn't released a version 7 of their Mac server or client, I can't really see an Android or iOS port being much higher on their priority list...

It would probably be more efficient for Sage to just buy the source codes from Tallus LLC, use their placeshifter licensing and streaming in it, than to do it from scratch.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Sage User

Hi all,

I have just purchased for the iPad and each time I try and steam something to it the play screen flashes for a second and then it reverts back to the previous screen

Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this?
Old 04-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by plnewton View Post
I have just purchased for the iPad and each time I try and steam something to it the play screen flashes for a second and then it reverts back to the previous screen
First of all are you seeing thumbnails, if not that would be a problem with the jetty web server part...

Second, what kind of file are you trying to stream, as not all the formats are supported yet (for example you can't stream a .vob/.iso...)...

Tags
ios, ipad, iphone, ipod