SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-24-2010, 09:31 PM
Sage Expert

MKV Subtitle Metadata Showing in Videos Instead of Title

I have many mkv's with subtitles, and most of them are labeled "English". Under the imported Videos section of SageTV they now all show up saying "English" instead of the filename of the video. I know this can be fixed by deleted the name tag under the subtitle using mkvmerge's header editor, but thats going to be a very time consuming PITA for me.

Actually Sage will show the subtitle name of an mkv only if all the audio names are blank, and all the video names are blank, and the tittle tag is also blank. The filename is used if they are all blank, which I think is what most of us want. It makes absolutely no sense at all to list the name of a subtitle or audio track as the name of a video!!!

Can this please be fixed in the next RC, its annoying me to no end. I think it would be a very easy bugfix. My apologies if theres a setting somewhere that fixes this, but I've searched extensively.
Old 10-25-2010, 11:34 AM
Sage

Go into detailed setup->advanced and do a library rescan there and then you should be ok. This was due to a bug earlier in the beta cycle which we have fixed since then.

If that doesn't fix it, submit a bug report.