SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 10-17-2010, 05:21 PM
Sage Expert

Question Question about Partial Recordings. . .

1.) If I have the setting turned off to delete live tv files, when I turn it back on should it automatically delete any of those partial files? I noticed this happened to me when I was playing around with toggling the setting, and I'm not so sure it should work that way.

2.) Again with the setting off, so that live tv files are not deleted, I go to the partial recordings section. I pick something in the list. If that particular show is still on, it will automatically start recording from that point in time again, even if I just want to play back the from my original beginning. Is there a way that I can turn that functionality off? Basically if I go to a partial recording and it watch, I don't want it to start recording again (unless I go back into the guide and say watch / record).
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 AM
Sage

Just wanted to say both of these are functioning as they were designed to.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:04 PM
Sage Expert

Ok are there any property files settings to tweak this behavior?

Number one actually bothers me the most. . . I definitely didn't expect it. . .
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 10-18-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage

You already found the setting to control the first one. So I'm not sure what you're asking about there. The second one cannot be changed with a configuration setting.
Old 10-18-2010, 10:55 PM
Sage Expert

Well what I mean is, if I toggle the delete live tv to "no", and then back to "yes", I don't want it to automatically delete any of the partials (which it does now).

I'm just wondering if there is a property file setting. . . I think there should be for both of those. . . Neither one of them (especially the 1st) did I expect to behave that way. . .and I ended up losing a bunch of stuff I wanted to keep. . .

And on the 2nd one the problem is that I may want to watch the partial but keep a tuner free. . .your saying that's not possible? What happens if I fill up all the tuners and then watch a partial? Do I get a warning . . . b/c I don't think you should. . .

Otherwise I guess I'll just have to remember for next time. . .