SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 03-14-2008, 05:09 PM
Sage User

Permanently remove partial / deleted recordings

Does anyone know if there is a way to "clean up" the recordings directly with the end result of actually deleting from the hard drive partial (from watch live) or deleted programs? Can I change the threshold where Sage starts making room for more recordings to say 70% full? My experience is that performance suffers considerably when the drive stats to fill and the files start to get seriously fragmented. Without adequate free space, there's not enough room for the defrag utility to do it's job.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:17 PM
SageTVaholic

When you set up your recording directories, tell it to leave X GB free.
Old 03-14-2008, 05:34 PM
Administrator

If you delete a recording, it gets deleted.

Partials may stick around in the background until space is needed, depending on settings, but the hidden features include a menu where you can view & delete all the partial recordings.

I never bother defragging my recording drives -- with 64K clusters, defragging the recordings isn't usually needed.

BTW: Don't run something like the Norton Recycle Bin because when using it, deleted files still take up space, making SageTV think that deleting a show didn't actually free up any space.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 03-17-2008, 10:09 PM
Sage User

Is this available in SageMC ?

Thanks Andy, some good tips...

I wasn't using Norton or anything and I am formatted in 64K clusters but I ended up reusing an underpowered computer for my server so when the disk performance falls off my system grinds to a pathetic crawl. Working on new hardware right now...

I really don't like the partial recordings gumming up things and can't understand why they are kept at all, at least beyond 24 hours. I loaded the default STV and found the hidden extras, very nice! I have been running SageMC and like some of the add-ons there so I would prefer to continue using that STV. Are the hidden extras accessible in SageMC???