SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 10-13-2010, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Question Just added larger drive removed old ones

How long will it take for Sage to recognize that I consolidated recordings on two drives into one? I stopped Sage Service, changed properties to force full content reindexing. (Restarted Sage of course) It has been about 10 hours and old recordings on the new single drive are not appearing in listing
Old 10-13-2010, 11:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Sage has to be able to "see" the old drive and then it will notice that nothing is there. If it can't see the old drive it assumes the drive has temporarily gone off line. If the old drive is physically removed map a network share (using the old drive letter) to an empty directory.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 10-13-2010, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Hold on. If you move the files to a new drive (with a different letter), then Sage will think that these aren't recordings and rather are videos to import (at least in V6 this is how it would work). Have you checked your Imported Videos to see if they show up there?
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 10-13-2010, 03:37 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbeers View Post
Hold on. If you move the files to a new drive (with a different letter), then Sage will think that these aren't recordings and rather are videos to import (at least in V6 this is how it would work). Have you checked your Imported Videos to see if they show up there?
No entirely correct. If they still had the same filename, and the wiz.bin still had a reference to that ID number, it would be reconnected and still reside in the recordings. v7 added metadata to the file to enable to you reimport them, even if their reference wasn't still in the wiz.bin (new wiz.bin) or you've renamed the file, thus removing the ID from the filename. I've moved plenty of recordings around over the years between recording folders, and even to import folders, and sage still recognized them.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-13-2010, 04:34 PM
Sage User

So that I understand.

1. setup network share to empty directories with same drive letters as removed drives.

2. Do I need to tell Sage to reindex?

3. Do I make the network shares import directories or recording directories.

BTW I am using the most recent version or 6. Waiting until all the bugs are out before upping to 7.
Old 10-13-2010, 05:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by iumgrad View Post
BTW I am using the most recent version or 6. Waiting until all the bugs are out before upping to 7.
Out of curiosity, what bugs are you waiting for? I'm not aware of any bugs in v7 that are in features that are in v6... any v7 bugs that I know of are in v7 only features... so it's not like you're going to be losing anything moving to 7.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 10-13-2010, 06:22 PM
Sage User

I tried 7 when it first hit beta, I liked it a lot but there were some speed issues with my HD 100 (don't laugh too much). Some had been solved but then my beta version timed out. At that point I thought let's wait until a full non-beta version was ready before paying the upgrade fee. Not to mention I need it to be WAF bulletproof. Luckily with this hard drive upgrade the missing shows are either old ones or mine.
Old 10-13-2010, 06:25 PM
Sage User

BTW I followed the earlier suggestion about mapping new network shares with old drive names, so far none of the shows are showing.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I tried 7 when it first hit beta, I liked it a lot but there were some speed issues with my HD 100 (don't laugh too much). Some had been solved but then my beta version timed out. At that point I thought let's wait until a full non-beta version was ready before paying the upgrade fee. Not to mention I need it to be WAF bulletproof. Luckily with this hard drive upgrade the missing shows are either old ones or mine.
Actually the HD100 is much faster in v7 than it is in v6.
Old 10-14-2010, 07:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So that I understand.

1. setup network share to empty directories with same drive letters as removed drives.

2. Do I need to tell Sage to reindex?

3. Do I make the network shares import directories or recording directories.

1. Yes, but there is a step 0 - stop Sage.
2. Yes (it should actually do this automatically when you restart sage)
3. Import.

I'm not sure why this would not work for you

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.