SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 10-05-2010, 02:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Upcoming Ploxee Addin

What is Ploxee?

Ploxee is my rendition/take of BoxeeTV is started out looking much like boxee but in recent times has changed drastically to better flow with the MB Diamond theme by JOrton that I helped a little on. It is basically a meta combiner of online/movies/tv/imported tv/ recorded tv. With filters being available for any of the above.

Who is involved in PloxeeTV

Team Ortus (JaminBen, JPhipps, and Myself). Although it really isn't part of ortus but none the less a combined effort.

Will Ploxee require SMM,Ortus or BMT?

Right now Ploxee works of the sage core and support fanart from either BMT or Ortus. SMM and other providers will be added as this project will be merged with SMM at such time.

Will I be able to save filters and add those filter sets to menu items to the existing default menu

Yes, Yes and Yes those are top priority and will work much like custom views in SMM.

When can I get my grubby hands on it

Sooner rather than later if all keeps going well.

Questions/comments feel free. For now here are a couple of screenshots showing combined media there is also a coverflow view that you will see soon enough

Cheers

pluckyhd

Examples of "Flow" view

Example 1
Example 2

Example of main menu with Diamond theme

Example 1
Example 2
Example 3

Examples of other Views/sorting
Example 1
Example2
Example3
Example4
Example 5
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PloxeeCombinedMovie.JPG (181.7 KB, 801 views)
File Type: jpg PloxeeCombinedTV.JPG (141.5 KB, 797 views)

Last edited by PLUCKYHD; 10-08-2010 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Sage Aficionado

Both screens look awesome. I'm always partial to TV being in one group where you click on the main menu and you get only TV and Movies being in another group where you click on the main menu and you only get Movies. Here it seems that both are together. I understand there will be filters, but will those filters be a discrete choice on the main menu or something you click once you get into Ploxee?
Twitter: ohpleaseno
Old 10-05-2010, 03:21 PM
SageTVaholic

How does it "integrate" with the stock UI? Does it take over/replace the Recordings menu? Or can it be setup to suppliment it? To put it another way, if I want to use this for my imported media, am I stuck using it for my recordings as well?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:26 PM
SageTVaholic

I linked to the screenshots on my twitter account and most have really liked what they saw. One feedback-reaction that I agree with is:
Quote:
like those screenshots, except for the page numbers. on an HTPC everything should be on a single page and just searchable
Old 10-05-2010, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
Both screens look awesome. I'm always partial to TV being in one group where you click on the main menu and you get only TV and Movies being in another group where you click on the main menu and you only get Movies. Here it seems that both are together. I understand there will be filters, but will those filters be a discrete choice on the main menu or something you click once you get into Ploxee?
As per above
Quote:
Will I be able to save filters and add those filter sets to menu items to the existing default menu

Yes, Yes and Yes those are top priority and will work much like custom views in SMM.
Basically you will be able to save any given filter set give it a name and add it to a new item under a ploxee submenu So you could have a filter for only online tv and call it online and another for imported tv you get where i am going...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanger89 View Post
How does it "integrate" with the stock UI? Does it take over/replace the Recordings menu? Or can it be setup to suppliment it? To put it another way, if I want to use this for my imported media, am I stuck using it for my recordings as well?
New menu items of course it doesn't override any of the defaults so you can still use them for what you like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I linked to the screenshots on my twitter account and most have really liked what they saw. One feedback-reaction that I agree with is:
I think they and you are misunderstanding what the page numbers are the is the number of pages to scroll vertically. There are all still listed in one list and are searchable

That was allot fast are people getting UI needy?
Old 10-05-2010, 03:51 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That was allot fast are people getting UI needy?
It's an addiction....
Old 10-05-2010, 03:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
It's an addiction....
Apparently

Did you understand the page numbering better? you don't actually change pages it is just how many page scrolls you have more of a current position type thing.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:01 PM
Sage Icon

Lookin' very nice! Can't wait for this and Diamond!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-05-2010, 04:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

There's the WOW
Old 10-05-2010, 05:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
New menu items of course it doesn't override any of the defaults so you can still use them for what you like.
Coolio (as a friend would say), I assume it's possible to filter out/exclude recordings?
Old 10-05-2010, 05:22 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Coolio (as a friend would say), I assume it's possible to filter out/exclude recordings?
Yup here are the available filters you can turn each on/off
  • ImportedTV
  • RecordedTV
  • Movies
  • Online (playon content) follows your other filters ie if movies then online movies show, if imported tv then online tv shows)

As well as you can filter out individual recordings if you just want certain recordings in this view

As well well as you can filter folders in/out (think pathfilterexpressions from sagemc)

cheers
Old 10-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post
There's the WOW
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Can't wait!

-Tim
Old 10-05-2010, 07:56 PM
Sage Fanatic

Good gosh... I can't find time to properly setup my new Harmony One remote and here you guys are cranking out these kick ass goodies left and right. You guys rock!

Old 10-05-2010, 08:06 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yup here are the available filters you can turn each on/off
  • ImportedTV
  • RecordedTV
  • Movies
  • Online (playon content) follows your other filters ie if movies then online movies show, if imported tv then online tv shows)

As well as you can filter out individual recordings if you just want certain recordings in this view

As well well as you can filter folders in/out (think pathfilterexpressions from sagemc)

cheers
Will we be able to filter in/out by the Watched flag?

Show only unWatched for example?

BTW... I third that WOW comment !!!!

Can we see more screen grabs of the Series lists?

k
Old 10-05-2010, 08:14 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by madpoet View Post
There's the WOW
D'oh!

Back on topic: Really nice work on this one, guys. Ploxee is looking nice (though, I'm honestly still not big on the name). I do get it, but it just doesn't do anything for me. But, the name has nothing to do with how it looks and works, so you could call it "$#!& PluckyHD Says" for all I care.
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7

Last edited by Skirge01; 10-05-2010 at 08:19 PM.
Old 10-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Sweet, I can't wait. Looks a lot like MediaStream for XBMC which is great.

There is beginning to be too many things I can't wait for with SageTV now. SMM getting the Info Screen, Ploxee, Ortus, and Phoenix. Wish it would all be released tomorrow, I hate waiting for things this cool.

Plucky, how do you find time to work on so many projects simultaneously? You must have no 'Plucky' time.

Tony
Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
What would Stanger say? Bitchin?
Old 10-06-2010, 06:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
As per above

Basically you will be able to save any given filter set give it a name and add it to a new item under a ploxee submenu So you could have a filter for only online tv and call it online and another for imported tv you get where i am going...

One of the main things I like about TV Explorer in v7 is that if I hit enter on my remote when I'm on the TV choice in the main menu, it goes straight to TV Explorer.

I haven't dug deep enough into customizing the main menu, but is that behavior changeable? Can I assign different things to the main menu items?

If I have to go Videos>Ploxee>Fiters>TV, it will kill the WAF.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

and by the way, contrary to the tone of my last post, I'm not bitching. I'm very excited about installing this. I'm just trying to do a little pre-planning so that I can get my wife ready for this.
Old 10-06-2010, 06:30 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohpleaseno View Post
One of the main things I like about TV Explorer in v7 is that if I hit enter on my remote when I'm on the TV choice in the main menu, it goes straight to TV Explorer.

I haven't dug deep enough into customizing the main menu, but is that behavior changeable? Can I assign different things to the main menu items?

If I have to go Videos>Ploxee>Fiters>TV, it will kill the WAF.
Yes, I believe thats the plan......this is will be via a seperate dynamic main menu plugin we're now finishing off, although we've hit a few snags in the last few days. Anyway, the way I see it working would be like this:

1.You add a main menu item named as you want, lets say Ploxee.
2. You add a sub menu item to the above main menu item Imported TV or whatever you want.
3. You add the specific code to the sub menu item which then filters to Imported TV......this is all done in the STV (or xml if you wish) and will probably already be setup for you.
4. Repeat as many times as you want or you could even add the filter directly to the main menu item Ploxee.

Hopefully I'm not speaking out of turn

Cheers

Ben