SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Sage User

Anyone with Cablevision lose their QAM HD channels?

My wife was po'd at a missed recording the other day (recorded QVC instead of her show!) so I started doing some digging. I looks like all of the HD channels I have been receiving on on my hvr2250 via qam are gone. I'm on the Oakland Cablevision system.

Anyone else having this issue?
Old 10-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage User

looks like they are there somewhere. I had my tv do a rescan and it found them all. so that means I need to reinstall and remap the channels for the hvr2250. Man I wish it was as simple as it was for the tv.
Old 10-03-2010, 08:50 PM
Sage Icon

Clear QAM seems to be going away on most cable systems. Almost all clear QAM were gone in my area about a year ago. The last time I checked there were a couple channels, none that I would ever want to watch.

Good that you were able to find them again. Clear QAM will probably go away in your area too, eventually...

Dave
Old 10-04-2010, 09:05 AM
Sage Expert

I think there is some law about the locals havign to be broadcasted in clear QAM, which are the only channels I get BTW. Of course, that doesn't mean the cabel cos will listen.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverines View Post
looks like they are there somewhere. I had my tv do a rescan and it found them all. so that means I need to reinstall and remap the channels for the hvr2250. Man I wish it was as simple as it was for the tv.
I've been having problems too lately. I first had problems about a month ago. I had to rescan and remap a bunch of channels.. It fixed it for several weeks and then last week I started having problems with ABC and NBC. I did the same thing and fixed those.. its as if the channels are moving around..
Old 10-04-2010, 10:00 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
its as if the channels are moving around..
Yes, and it's not all that uncommon for cable companies to do so, especially if your system is getting upgraded, either with new equipment or new channels.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
Sage Icon

Yup, cable companies love to move their channels around. Their STBs will automatically find the proper channels, so they don't worry when they do change the channels. Therefore it can happen anytime, without notice, and may occur quite frequently. Generally you'll only find out about it when you miss a show and notice it.
OpenDCT
HD-300 HD Extenders (hooked to my whole-house A/V system for synched playback on multiple TVs - great during a Superbowl party)
Amazon Firestick 4k and Nvidia Shield using the MiniClient
Using CQC to control it all
Old 10-04-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

I had lost WABC 7 and a few others (Cablevision - Warwick NY) but it turns out that it was just moved to another qam frequency. Still was a pain in the a$$ to fix because I had to rescan and find the new assignment.

FYI: My Cablevision provider is still providing all the local qams plus all the analog channels. This is great for me 'cause I still have an analog tv in the office & kitchen. I even kept my old nVidia Dual TV tuner active in the Sage server as a fall-back for when the digital tuners are in use.
Client Hardware: HD200 x2, INT-422-3 & WR7 Remote
Service Provider: Cablevision (QAM to 2250, SamsungBox to HDPVR)
Old 10-04-2010, 12:36 PM
SageTVaholic

There is utility that one of the Silicondust forum members wrote that compares the channels and displays differences... I run it every morning

Home Run King
Old 10-05-2010, 07:34 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by davephan View Post
Clear QAM seems to be going away on most cable systems. Almost all clear QAM were gone in my area about a year ago. The last time I checked there were a couple channels, none that I would ever want to watch.

Good that you were able to find them again. Clear QAM will probably go away in your area too, eventually...

Dave
I'm pretty sure they need to send the local channels in clear qam. That's all I really use it for (local HD channels). That's all they send over it in HD anyway. They only send a handful of basic cable now as more and more channels move digital.

Now back to the task at hand - which is finding the local HD channels on the HVR-2250. Like I said - my TV found them no problem and basically remapped them accordingly. Not so simple in Sage with the HVR-2250.