SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:48 PM
Sage Icon

Plugin: Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW for V7

Uploaded a V7 port of nielm's Multi-speed Continuous FF/REW import into the plugin repository.

Original discussion of the import is here and the original wiki is here.

John
Old 09-28-2010, 05:20 AM
Sage Aficionado

Thank you. Thank you. I'm installing this right now. Thank you.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:47 PM
Sage Icon

I've noticed that there's a few cosmetic issues I will need to fix up.

The one I noticed last night was the little speed display box cuts off the text when it's over 2 characters.

Let me know anything else you notice and I'll fix them up in an update.

John
Old 09-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Sage User

You're the best! This should be standard functionality, but at least now we have the plugin.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

I must be dense, but I cannot find a link for this plugin?
Old 10-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Sage Icon

SageTV version 7
SageTV Plugins
UI Mods

Your signature says you're running version 6

John
Old 10-03-2010, 03:48 PM
SageTVaholic

John, yet another very appreciated port for v7. Thanks for making the effort on this!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 12-09-2010, 05:04 PM
Sage Aficionado

Question Smooth and skip?

I read through the original plugin thread and didnt find the answer to my question (although I did see that Brent asked as well, near the end).

Is it possible to have this plugin enabled AND also be able to use the other ff/rew buttons to skip? I am not able to get this functionality.
Old 12-09-2010, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick_l View Post
Is it possible to have this plugin enabled AND also be able to use the other ff/rew buttons to skip? I am not able to get this functionality.
No. But I could add an option for using the Skip Fwd and Skip Bkwd keys rather than using Fwd and Bkwd.

Or are there some other keys you would want to use?

John
Old 12-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Wow, I cant believe I'm the only one that wants to be able to fast forward and skip. Nevertheless, thanks so much for your prompt reply. I actually don't care which of the buttons (ff vs. skip fwd) does which function, just as long as I can accomplish both.

Thanks again.

Edit: Maybe I just don't know what I'm doing. When I go to detailed setup-> configure Fast Forward and rewind times it lists fast forward and fast forward 2 and rewind and rewind 2. On the sage remote there are FF, skip FW and Skip FW2. I assumed that your plugin co-opted the FF and REW buttons and the configuration that I set in the detailed setup would work for the Skip FW and the Skip FW2 buttons, but that is not how it's working for me. when I use the skip FW the plugin works as I'd expect it to. When I use the Fwd button the program will start to fast forward but I cannot get it to return to play by hitting the play button.

Actually I just noticed that if I hit FF the speed shows up (eg. x4) but if I use the Skip FW it shows up and I see the FF icon. Is it possible that there is an old version of your plugin that might cause a conflict. Im currently running Sage 7, but it was upgraded from V6. I may have played with this plugin in the past. Is there a quick way to tell if I have some old files/confs for your plugin laying around?

Thanks so much.

Last edited by nick_l; 12-09-2010 at 11:20 PM. Reason: additional info.
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Aren't there Smooth FF and Smooth RW commands in the default sage command list?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 12-10-2010, 12:37 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
On the sage remote there are FF, skip FW and Skip FW2. I assumed that your plugin co-opted the FF and REW buttons and the configuration that I set in the detailed setup would work for the Skip FW and the Skip FW2 buttons, but that is not how it's working for me. when I use the skip FW the plugin works as I'd expect it to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Aren't there Smooth FF and Smooth RW commands in the default sage command list?
If you're using an extender then you don't need/want this plugin at all. The extenders natively support FF, Skip FW and Skip FW2. Multiple presses of FF increases the speed as you would expect and play returns you to normal speed.

John
Old 12-10-2010, 10:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

DUH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
If you're using an extender then you don't need/want this plugin at all. The extenders natively support FF, Skip FW and Skip FW2. Multiple presses of FF increases the speed as you would expect and play returns you to normal speed.

John
Well dont I feel like a fool. I can't believe I never noticed that after all these years. I guess I got in the habit of using the skip and never really paid attention to the others. Thanks again for everyone's help. Sorry to waste your time JREkiwi.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Well dont I feel like a fool. I can't believe I never noticed that after all these years.
That's OK, it had slipped past me too. I'll maybe change the plugin manifest to make it Desktop only to save any future confusion. Of course that would start a stream of queries as to why it can't be installed on an extender?

John