SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 07:21 AM
Sage Advanced User

mbowling,

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Mike, when I use SendSageMessageByName to display a message on the TV, the show that is playing will pause for a few seconds and then automatically begin playing. Is it possible to indefinitely pause the show until the "Resume" button is manually selected?

I'm sending caller ID info to the TV. I would like to have the show paused until I'm finished speaking on the phone. Thanks!
The new version, now allows you to add a timeout in seconds. If the timeout is set to "0", the message will stay on the screen until a button is selected. Let me know how it works.
Old 09-05-2010, 07:47 AM
SageTVaholic

Why are there so many threads for this addin. Really making it fragmented to have a new thread for every version release the changeligs and such are better kept on one notification thread. If you don't have permission to make a thread there I am sure Andy would give it too you.
Old 09-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamanmi View Post
mbowling,
The new version, now allows you to add a timeout in seconds. If the timeout is set to "0", the message will stay on the screen until a button is selected. Let me know how it works.
Michael,

I see the new "Message Timeout" value when using an event from the HomeSeer user interface. I tested this and it works great.

I would like to use the message timeout value from SendSageMessageByName in a VBScript file. Is this possible?
Old 09-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes, it works for that command as well. Missed listing it in the main thread. I will update.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbowling View Post
Michael,

I see the new "Message Timeout" value when using an event from the HomeSeer user interface. I tested this and it works great.

I would like to use the message timeout value from SendSageMessageByName in a VBScript file. Is this possible?
Old 09-05-2010, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

The "Message Timeout" value is working great from SendSageMessageByName in my VBScript file. Thank you!
Closed Thread