SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV Canada
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Canada SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from Canada - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in Canada.

Old 12-27-2004, 03:47 PM
Sage User

Question Does the Zap2It plugin work with the trial version of SageTV?

Posted this in the Digicasa forums but I figured I'd try my luck in here as well.

I've tried both v1.20 and v1.20a with the trial version of Sage TV (I'm trying to decide on whether or not I should buy it), having followed the instructions completely.

After I enter the '00000' zip code, I'm presented with 5 US networks (Dish, VOOM, etc.)... but not the one I set up in my Zap2It profile.

Yes, I've fully shut down Sage before editing the Properties file and the Zap2it .xml file.

Is it not working because I'm trying it out with the trial? I looked in the "workaround" thread here and tried/verified everything there.

TIA!
Old 12-27-2004, 08:15 PM
Sage Aficionado

It does work... if you are getting the network listing after entering a zip code, the the zap2it plugin is not being called. This means that your entry in the sage.properties and/or sageclient.properties is either not there, spelled incorrectly (it is case sensitive), or it has an extra space at the end or somewhere on the line.

If you are still having problems, copy and paste a section of the properties file that contains the import plugin setting (say 2 lines above it and 2 below). That way we can see if there is a syntax error there.
Old 12-27-2004, 09:27 PM
Sage User

I actually copy/pasted the exact line from the DigiCasa plugin info page, so that shouldn't be the problem. But here's what's in the properties file, two lines above and two below, as you suggested:

Quote:
epg/download_offset=0
epg/download_while_inactive=false
epg/epg_import_plugin=zap2it.Zap2ItImportPlugin
epg/logo_dir=C\:\\Program Files\\Frey Technologies\\SageTV\\ChannelLogos
epg/service_levels/-7055304259872686080=
Am I missing something really obvious?

The user/pass info in the plugin's XML file is also correct. I can log into my account at labs.zap2it.com, but in Sage it just doesn't work.
Old 12-29-2004, 11:09 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hmm... can you check to make sure that you have the zap2it directory underneath the SageTV directory, ie: "c:\program files\frey technologies\sagetv\zap2it" ? And make sure that there are several .class files in that directory...
Old 01-06-2005, 07:43 PM
Sage User

Yep, they're there.

I just realized what the problem was. I unzipped the Java files into the wrong directory. I've gotten the EPG to download, gonna see how it works now.

Thanks!

-A