SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-27-2010, 04:20 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
I found the bug, the plugin is defaulting to false, but since the property never really exist until it is changed, the metadata scan defaults to true.

I will upload a fix tonight to default to false, but you can fix the issue by going into the plugin configuration for the Ortus API and change the 3 metadata options to true and then back to false again to write the false properties for them.. The code has been tested for a while if you want to test it out for a bit before switch it back off... To see more of what it is doing if you leave it turned on, turn the debug logging up in the Ortus API plugin configuration, and the logs are under the "logs" directory under the base SageTV directory...

Thanks,
Jeff
Jeff -
Thanks for the quick fix. I already turned it off and got BMT back running. However, I can say it was failing to get any metadata for any of my files. So, if you need another testing point I can always re-enable set to debug and get you a log.
Old 07-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by broconne View Post
Jeff -
Thanks for the quick fix. I already turned it off and got BMT back running. However, I can say it was failing to get any metadata for any of my files. So, if you need another testing point I can always re-enable set to debug and get you a log.
If you don't mind sometime running with it and sending some logs, that would be great. One thing on the metadata scan, the auto scan switch does the scan and updates the ortus H2 database, you have to turn on the sage Wiz update also to have it do sage as well as the ortus db. I also have it only updating imported media right now until I get a few other issues worked out with recordings..

Thanks,
jeff
Old 07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Sage Advanced User

This is awesome work, folks. It looks fantastic! I hope I can eventually get my movies to show up looking like this, as I absolutely love the view for the trailers!

One question on it though; How is it "sourcing" the trailer list? I was looking for the "Sucker Punch" trailer, and while it's on the front page at trailers.apple.com, it does not show up when I go to the list of available trailers. I noticed a bunch of "missing" trailers, like "Machete", and Resident Evil: Afterlife, etc.

--Ikarius

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients

Last edited by Ikarius; 07-30-2010 at 10:53 AM.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:29 PM
Sage Aficionado

Update Trailers

Even though I've manually refreshed the trailers using "Update Trailers"...

I'm noticing that the list of trailers on the Apple website is getting more and more different than the list I have in Ortus trailers. I did the "Update Trailers" but it didn't seem to change much. Is this aspect of the plugin working, or is this something Apple is causing?
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-30-2010, 06:49 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Even though I've manually refreshed the trailers using "Update Trailers"...

I'm noticing that the list of trailers on the Apple website is getting more and more different than the list I have in Ortus trailers. I did the "Update Trailers" but it didn't seem to change much. Is this aspect of the plugin working, or is this something Apple is causing?
Ya, until Apple update their current trailers .xml file then thats all you'll get......I noticed during construction that they would update this once or twice a week but it seems to be quite sometime since they last updated. It doesn't just affect us but also XBMC and MP so I hope the sneaky link hasn't died, it would be odd if it has since its apparently been around for several years now.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-30-2010, 07:15 PM
SageTVaholic

That is one of the problems many other htpc software has with apple trailers they are constantly changing stuff and breaking everyones work. You see it all the time in the wmc plugins.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:24 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
That is one of the problems many other htpc software has with apple trailers they are constantly changing stuff and breaking everyones work. You see it all the time in the wmc plugins.
Yeah, the link we use has been around for quite sometime so I'm reasonably confident its just that that they haven't updated recently, in fact I'd bet (not very much) that it'll be updated on Monday. The link hasn't died or you'd get nothing showing in the plugin.

We shall see, that link is not the only way to get trailers from Apple or worse case scenario we'd end up using another provider

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-31-2010, 07:41 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Thats pretty odd, I think I'll lock the views down further in the next release as this release only locked the option down.....to unset it you will need to edit the properties file for that extender and change:

ortus/trailers/view_style=Poster

to

ortus/trailers/view_style=List

There was no entry in the extender properties file either way, so I added "ortus/trailers/view_style=List", and that fixed me up. Tnx!
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3

Last edited by SteveW; 07-31-2010 at 07:44 AM.
Old 07-31-2010, 07:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yeah, the link we use has been around for quite sometime so I'm reasonably confident its just that that they haven't updated recently, in fact I'd bet (not very much) that it'll be updated on Monday. The link hasn't died or you'd get nothing showing in the plugin.

We shall see, that link is not the only way to get trailers from Apple or worse case scenario we'd end up using another provider

Cheers

Ben

Hey, if they update it just once a week or so, I can certainly live with that.

Old 07-31-2010, 07:57 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
There was no entry in the extender properties file either way, so I added "ortus/trailers/view_style=List", and that fixed me up. Tnx!
Thats odd, I'm pretty sure I set the default to "List"....I'll check on this, glad its working OK now tho.

Quote:
Hey, if they update it just once a week or so, I can certainly live with that.
Yea, trouble is its not actually been updated since the 5th July....which makes me think it will be done on Monday. I'm sure I saw it update at least once a week during construction though, I guess we'll find out soon enough

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-31-2010, 08:10 AM
SageTVaholic

You could always build a yahoo pipes on the site and make your own feed.

B
Old 08-02-2010, 06:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Yea, trouble is its not actually been updated since the 5th July....which makes me think it will be done on Monday. I'm sure I saw it update at least once a week during construction though, I guess we'll find out soon enough

Cheers

Ben
I just did a force update and I see some new movies in there, so looks like you were right....

Old 08-02-2010, 06:21 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I just did a force update and I see some new movies in there, so looks like you were right....
Never admit Ben is right it is dangerous territory
Old 08-02-2010, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
You do? I don't see any new trailers after a force update. I have it sorted by descending trailer date and the first trailer is Chain Letter still.
Old 08-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
You do? I don't see any new trailers after a force update. I have it sorted by descending trailer date and the first trailer is Chain Letter still.
Ditto.

Edit: in fact, it's really hard to tell/see what's going on. On this page: http://trailers.apple.com/#section=justadded&page=1 if you select list view (instead of poster view) you'll see that Chain Letter and Eat Pray Love were added back on July 2!

This RSS feed is certainly being updated regularly: http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/h...ewtrailers.rss but I take it that's not the one being used by the plugin?

Not sure what's up -- if there's anything I can do to help sort this out, please just say the word. I'd love to have this working fully.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 08-02-2010 at 09:44 PM.
Old 08-03-2010, 08:22 AM
Sage Icon

Heya, it is working fully...... its just apple haven't updated the particular xml file that we, XBMC etc all use to gain access to these trailers. Unfortunately its going to have to be a waiting game as I don't have the time to redo the code at the moment so we can access other trailer downloads. I was pretty confident it would get updated yesterday....I was wrong

Cheers

Ben
Old 08-03-2010, 08:27 AM
Sage Icon

So you're saying that the poster above, SteveW, did NOT get new movies?
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 08-03-2010, 08:33 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
So you're saying that the poster above, SteveW, did NOT get new movies?
No he did NOT........take a look at the xml file that gets downloaded, that will tell you the last time Apple updated it, Mon, 05 Jul 2010 in this case.
This xml file is always downloaded when you hit the "Force Refresh" button.....which basically means its working but its only showing you what Apple want you to see, if it wasn't working or the link was dead then you wouldn't see anything.

Cheers

Ben
Old 08-03-2010, 09:51 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No he did NOT........take a look at the xml file that gets downloaded, that will tell you the last time Apple updated it, Mon, 05 Jul 2010 in this case.
This xml file is always downloaded when you hit the "Force Refresh" button.....which basically means its working but its only showing you what Apple want you to see, if it wasn't working or the link was dead then you wouldn't see anything.

Cheers

Ben

I'd swear that I saw 2 or 3 pop up after the force update yesterday that I hadn't seen previously... However, if Ben says XML has not been updated, I defer to him.

Old 08-03-2010, 12:53 PM
Sage Icon

Great stuff!

I see there is an option to download all trailers. How about an option to actively download just the top 10? This way the top 10 trailers are automagically downloaded as they climb the ranks and instantly playable. If one wants to delve deeper they can download the others a la carte, it seems a bit much to download them all...

Regardless, seeing this only makes me want to see more Ortus Keep up the excellent work, really nice!