SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Sage User

Plugin :: Ortus Trailers

Ortus Trailers is a plugin which will allow you to download the latest theatrical trailers provided by Apple.

Installation:

Available in the Plugin repository under UI Mod section.

Additional Instructions:

http://code.google.com/p/ortus/wiki/OrtusTrailers

Note:

We've kept it beta for the time being as theirs alot of stuff in this release thats not needed for the trailer plugin. Once the dust settles and its running ok we'll remove the beta tag.

Team Ortus
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OrtusTrailers0.jpg (80.8 KB, 932 views)
File Type: jpg OrtusTrailers1.jpg (110.8 KB, 763 views)
File Type: jpg OrtusTrailers2.jpg (99.7 KB, 695 views)
File Type: jpg OrtusTrailers3.jpg (98.3 KB, 667 views)
Old 07-23-2010, 05:31 PM
Sage User

Reserved for future....
Old 07-23-2010, 05:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Man... stop giving me reasons to want to upgrade to v7 already! Looks nice!
Tuners: 2 x HD-PVR (HTTP tuning), 2 x HDHR, USB-UIRT
Software: SageTV 7
Old 07-23-2010, 06:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Man, this Ortus preview is looking really good!

I love the styling guys, keep up the great work.

One question though, when Ortus is released will all of these new Version 7 plugins need to be converted to be compatible, ex. Playon Plugin? I recall that SageMC caused a bit of fragmentation in the plugin community.
Old 07-23-2010, 06:55 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Man, this Ortus preview is looking really good!

I love the styling guys, keep up the great work.

One question though, when Ortus is released will all of these new Version 7 plugins need to be converted to be compatible, ex. Playon Plugin? I recall that SageMC caused a bit of fragmentation in the plugin community.
Yes stvis will have to be converted to work with ortus.
Old 07-23-2010, 07:00 PM
Sage Expert

Thanks for the feed back...

Like you, we use a lot of the plugins that are already released or being developed, so that is very high on our priority to try to be as compatible as we can with the various plugins. Some just will not be compatible because of conflicts, but we will work with the various developers to try to over come any problems that we can.

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphipps View Post
Thanks for the feed back...

Like you, we use a lot of the plugins that are already released or being developed, so that is very high on our priority to try to be as compatible as we can with the various plugins. Some just will not be compatible because of conflicts, but we will work with the various developers to try to over come any problems that we can.

Thanks,
Jeff
Just to flesh out some more feedback. Ortus exudes class in its design. Love the colors, curved corners, fonts, highlights, etc. It's also very customizable so it's clear that you guys feel it's important to allow the user to adjust views to their own personal liking. We all appreciate the amount of time that it must have taken to allow for those options.

One thing that I notice with my client though is that when changing mouse focus on the movie list, the font highlight is much faster than the grey background animation, which lags behind a little bit. Not sure if this is a limitation of the SageTV animation system.
Old 07-23-2010, 08:06 PM
Sage Icon

This is very nice!

And now that I've read the documentation and perused the options, all my feedback is taken care of.

Very nicely done!
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 07-23-2010, 08:14 PM
Sage Icon

Oops, I read this:
Quote:
Unfocused Transparency

This option only becomes available when running on a client pc (as the wall view is pc only due to speed issues). Default is set to 0.4 but if you find that you prefer your unfocused posters to be a little bit more visible then increase this value.
But I don't see it. I'm running SageTV client on Windows x64; all the other options appear to be listed and I was expecting to see this one under "Force Trailer Update".

Thanks for the "download all" and "click to play" -- heavenly!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Just to flesh out some more feedback. Ortus exudes class in its design. Love the colors, curved corners, fonts, highlights, etc. It's also very customizable so it's clear that you guys feel it's important to allow the user to adjust views to their own personal liking. We all appreciate the amount of time that it must have taken to allow for those options.

One thing that I notice with my client though is that when changing mouse focus on the movie list, the font highlight is much faster than the grey background animation, which lags behind a little bit. Not sure if this is a limitation of the SageTV animation system.
There is a 550ms duration on the image transition to and from a selection, so that is part of the delay and some is just the speed of switching the poster and various other images when switching list items. The timings are mostly done based on remote/keyboard navigation to make it look the best on a TV. Do you think the delay in item change is too excessive?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-23-2010, 08:23 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Oops, I read this:

But I don't see it. I'm running SageTV client on Windows x64; all the other options appear to be listed and I was expecting to see this one under "Force Trailer Update".

Thanks for the "download all" and "click to play" -- heavenly!
That option is for the Poster view style, if you switch from list view to Poster view style, it will appear in the options menu. That setting is for the opacity of the poster images...

Glad you like the "click and play".. We love options, but sometimes you just want it to work..

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-23-2010, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
That option is for the Poster view style, if you switch from list view to Poster view style, it will appear in the options menu. That setting is for the opacity of the poster images...
Jeff
Ah, then I think I'd like to request a way to create greater contrast for the text in the list view. Just because one item is highlighted doesn't mean I don't want to be able to just as easily read the other items in the list

But overall, very nice design/layout!
Old 07-23-2010, 08:36 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Ah, then I think I'd like to request a way to create greater contrast for the text in the list view. Just because one item is highlighted doesn't mean I don't want to be able to just as easily read the other items in the list

But overall, very nice design/layout!
What on the text list doesn't have enough contrast, is it the high lighted text compared to the non-highlightd text, or the non highlighted text compared to the background panel?

Thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Sage Icon

For me personally, not enough contrast compared to the background/panel.

Also, anyway to keep the default background of an installed themed? Or is that the responsibility of the theme plugin?

One last question, if I set the Base Path to the same location across multiple clients, then will each client see the same data/trailers/posters?
Old 07-23-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
For me personally, not enough contrast compared to the background/panel.

Also, anyway to keep the default background of an installed themed? Or is that the responsibility of the theme plugin?

One last question, if I set the Base Path to the same location across multiple clients, then will each client see the same data/trailers/posters?
Those backgrounds are part of our images. I know we can change the settings on the opacity of the panel, but I will check to see what we can add for that...

The path settings right now is for each client/extender. If you give it a network path that is the same for all, they all should be able to see the same trailers.

thanks,
Jeff
Old 07-23-2010, 08:53 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks so much for your excellent work on this!
Old 07-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
There is a 550ms duration on the image transition to and from a selection, so that is part of the delay and some is just the speed of switching the poster and various other images when switching list items. The timings are mostly done based on remote/keyboard navigation to make it look the best on a TV. Do you think the delay in item change is too excessive?

Thanks,
Jeff
I'm only noticing that the bolder/brighter text seems to precede the movement of the grey bar. The faster I move the cursor and change focus, the larger the gap between the two. It's not like it makes a practical difference as I pause when I land to select the list item but it's noticeable in the 14 items list view.
Old 07-24-2010, 02:42 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
@ skyeclad & darcilicious

The things you've highlighted can be changed quite easily, however we're currently more interested in making sure it all works correctly first..... once we're satisfied that everything is ok we can take a look at adding a bit more polish to those items. Don't expect another release for a few more weeks/months unless something major comes up, if an immediate bug fix is required then those items will appear much quicker with the bug fix

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-24-2010, 06:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installed the plugin and it is working very nicely.

However, the menu entry has 'null*'. I am using the menu mod plugin...maybe that is the issue...not sure.

Anyone else have this issue...or know how to fix?

The plugin is working fine except for this one issue.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Menu.jpg (31.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 07-24-2010, 06:36 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibsonpa View Post
Installed the plugin and it is working very nicely.

However, the menu entry has 'null*'. I am using the menu mod plugin...maybe that is the issue...not sure.

Anyone else have this issue...or know how to fix?

The plugin is working fine except for this one issue.
Yes that is my menu mod. I thought Ben was going to add a variable to make it work maybe he forgot or I told him wrong. There is another issue with it as well. I will discuss with Ben and hopefully we can get it ironed out.