SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:34 PM
SageTVaholic

It's classified as 'BETA', so you have to make sure you have "Beta Versions" set to "Show" in the Plugin screen's options.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
It's classified as 'BETA', so you have to make sure you have "Beta Versions" set to "Show" in the Plugin screen's options.
I do have them set to show. This is very odd. I wonder what is going on.
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-26-2010, 12:40 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I do have them set to show. This is very odd. I wonder what is going on.
Not sure why its not showing for you.....do you have the plugin.xml updating property set to false in your .properties file? This used to be the very old way of using a devplugin.xml so we could test stuff without having to go live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Yeah, that may be it, because options definitly don't work anywhere in the trailers. Where is this setting? I looked through the various plugin configs, and the properties, and didn't see it.
Quote:
Change parental controls for allowing viewing of inappropriate material, default setting is "All". Not Yet Rated (NR) trailers will be treated as MPAA rating Restricted (R), you can further enhance this setting by enabling the "Lock Setup Menu's" option found in the Sage "Parental Controls" options.
I think that should sort you out.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-26-2010, 12:45 AM
SageTVaholic

Great work guys, played around with it last night and it was very slick. Two issues i'm having today

1) It worked fine yesterday but today both the main menu panel and the actual screen never get past...

"Downloading trailer information. Please wait a moment.....".

I looked in the log and I can't find any errors, do you have a special log file that I need to look at?

2) When the main menu panel says that error message from above the left button doesn't work to drop back down a panel.

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 AM
Sage User

Guys! Great Plugin!! LOVE IT!!! was looking/searching for this forever.
Amazing - can't wait to get the entire Ortus package!
One quick suggestion (that should be easy to fix/implement) that would improve usability (I think, at least):
After a trailer was downloaded and you get back to the movie's info page (where the "Play Trailer" button exists) the default button selected is "close window" - better case would be that if the trailer exists (meaning already downloaded) the default selected button should be the "play trailer"...

Thanks for this AMAZING work!
Tomer.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:28 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveW View Post
Lovin' the plugin.

Only issue I've noticed is that the option to switch between view styles is not available on my extenders.

I see the "View Styles" option in the options list on my placeshifter and on the server's client, but not on the extenders....
Ben,

Any thoughts around this? Possible bug?

-S
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-26-2010, 05:32 AM
SageTVaholic

The extenders do NOT have the option of switching views. It's more of a performance issue than anything else.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-26-2010, 05:48 AM
Sage Advanced User

thats a shame, but what we do get on the extenders is awsome!

thank you Team Ortus.

SageTV: v7.20 RC on Dell PE860, 8Gb RAM, Win7 x64; Recordings: 2Tb SATA. Collection: 12Tb DAS
DVB Logic - DVBLink 3.1 Tuners sourcing 2 x TBS 6980 Dual DVB-S2 (Astra 28, Astra 19, Hotbird, Thor) serving Clients 3 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x HD100
Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
1) It worked fine yesterday but today both the main menu panel and the actual screen never get past...

"Downloading trailer information. Please wait a moment.....".

I looked in the log and I can't find any errors, do you have a special log file that I need to look at?
That normally happens for two reasons....

1. It can't connect to the Apple website to get the latest trailer xml.

2. A download process is already running and downloading of the trailer xml has been pushed to the back of the queue.

I have a funny feeling its number two due to a failed download process and I dont think the logs will point to anything specific when logging is set to "Info" but you could try going into the plugin config options and change the logging level (I wouldn't mess with any of the other options in this area). The download logging should be in the Logs folder named as ortus.log and the line you want to see is something like "INFO: appleTrailers: Completed; Number of trailers: 101".

The other option is to restart and see if that helps.

I've seen it do this before but never for more than a minute (unless I did download all 100 + trailers @ 1080p which would take ages and why we added a cancel download)...... I think I'll try and put a get out clause in so the downloading queue can be cancelled to see if that helps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
2) When the main menu panel says that error message from above the left button doesn't work to drop back down a panel.
You mean from the main trailer screen you can push left to get back to the Sage Main Menu? That would be an easy fix.....never thought about that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivilya View Post
After a trailer was downloaded and you get back to the movie's info page (where the "Play Trailer" button exists) the default button selected is "close window" - better case would be that if the trailer exists (meaning already downloaded) the default selected button should be the "play trailer"...
Yea, I guess......We'll see what we can do.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-26-2010, 12:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
Not sure why its not showing for you.....do you have the plugin.xml updating property set to false in your .properties file? This used to be the very old way of using a devplugin.xml so we could test stuff without having to go live.

Cheers

Ben
I checked that and nothing is set to false. I can't find anything that explains why it isn't showing up. Is there a way to force the plugin manager to update? My SageTVPlugins.xml hasn't updated since the 7th of this month. Is there a way I can manually download this plugin?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
I checked that and nothing is set to false. I can't find anything that explains why it isn't showing up. Is there a way to force the plugin manager to update? My SageTVPlugins.xml hasn't updated since the 7th of this month. Is there a way I can manually download this plugin?
Too be honest I dont know why your SageTVPlugins.xml file isn't updating...I guess you could try and delete the file or remove it from the base Sage folder and see if it downloads another one.

I've also attached my SageTVPlugins.xml file which you can also try but its not a long term fix and you probably need to contact Sage to see if they know of any reason's why its not updating.

Cheers

Ben
Attached Files
File Type: zip SageTVPlugins.zip (37.9 KB, 240 views)
Old 07-26-2010, 02:03 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
The extenders do NOT have the option of switching views. It's more of a performance issue than anything else.

Gerry
So if I want to switch it from Poster to List because we find poster to hard to read on our 37", can I do that? Does it inherit whatever the server client is set to?
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-26-2010, 02:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So if I want to switch it from Poster to List because we find poster to hard to read on our 37", can I do that? Does it inherit whatever the server client is set to?
These are the view options:

Extender = List only
Server = List or Poster
Client PC = List or Poster

We could have gotten the poster view to work on extenders but it would have been a major hassle and I couldn't be bothered in the end, afterall they're only trailers

Hope that clears that up

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-26-2010, 03:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
These are the view options:

Extender = List only
Server = List or Poster
Client PC = List or Poster

We could have gotten the poster view to work on extenders but it would have been a major hassle and I couldn't be bothered in the end, afterall they're only trailers

Hope that clears that up

Cheers

Ben

Um, my extenders are stuck in Poster view, not List view. How do I get them to List?

"We could have gotten the poster view to work on extenders but it would have been a major hassle"

I guess that may explain why I find the performance of Poster view not so great on the extenders....

So, how do I get 'em outa Poster view?

Old 07-26-2010, 03:58 PM
Sage Aficionado

I installed this last night and it appears to have usurped the library scan that was running under BMT. All my shows metadata from BMT is no longer showing up in SageTV. What did I do wrong?

I am seeing system messages like this
Mon Jul 26 07:17:20 GMT-400 2010 - MediaIndexScan Completed
The Ortus media index scan completed processing 17 media items. The matchrate was 0
Old 07-26-2010, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
So, how do I get 'em outa Poster view?
Thats pretty odd, I think I'll lock the views down further in the next release as this release only locked the option down.....to unset it you will need to edit the properties file for that extender and change:

ortus/trailers/view_style=Poster

to

ortus/trailers/view_style=List

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger View Post
I installed this last night and it appears to have usurped the library scan that was running under BMT. All my shows metadata from BMT is no longer showing up in SageTV. What did I do wrong?

I am seeing system messages like this
Mon Jul 26 07:17:20 GMT-400 2010 - MediaIndexScan Completed
The Ortus media index scan completed processing 17 media items. The matchrate was 0
Thats pretty weird also as the metadata scanning is turned off by default.... have you played with the options in the plugin config area? You can goto the plugin config area and use "Reset Plugin Configuration"..... I think that should turn everything back to the way it should be. I will check on this tomorrow.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-26-2010, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Was that a pc client or extender not that it should really matter as it uses the default UI MediaPlayer OSD. You may have issues if its a pc client and you dont have codecs to play .mov files.

Cheers

Ben
No it was on an hd-200. I tried the trailer for the expendables tonight though and it seemed to work fine.
Old 07-26-2010, 09:50 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Thats pretty weird also as the metadata scanning is turned off by default.... have you played with the options in the plugin config area? You can goto the plugin config area and use "Reset Plugin Configuration"..... I think that should turn everything back to the way it should be. I will check on this tomorrow.

Cheers

Ben
On the chance I played with the settings I reset everything in Ortus Core and MQ configs to defaults, but still no joy. I'm disabling other plugins to see if there is a conflict.
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Cheers

Ben

I am seeing the same behavior. Ortus Core took over metadata scanning from BMT on my server.
Old 07-27-2010, 03:03 PM
Sage Expert

I found the bug, the plugin is defaulting to false, but since the property never really exist until it is changed, the metadata scan defaults to true.

I will upload a fix tonight to default to false, but you can fix the issue by going into the plugin configuration for the Ortus API and change the 3 metadata options to true and then back to false again to write the false properties for them.. The code has been tested for a while if you want to test it out for a bit before switch it back off... To see more of what it is doing if you leave it turned on, turn the debug logging up in the Ortus API plugin configuration, and the logs are under the "logs" directory under the base SageTV directory...

Thanks,
Jeff