SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 07-24-2010, 06:47 AM
Sage Fanatic

Thanks guys! This is very nice, I'll definitely use it, and I appreciate the hard work all you devs put into these plugins!

I have a couple comments for ya...

1) I think I found a bug and I can reproduce it. I was using the MBDiamond theme and even went back to the Standard theme just to make sure it wasn't a theme issue and it happens on both.

If I am at the main menu of Sage with NO preview window showing, there is no issue. However, if I'm watching TV in Sage, hit the menu button so I can see the Sage main menu (with your Trailers menu item) while at the same time I have the small preview window of the channel I'm watching... that is when I see this issue. What happens then is when I go into your Trailers menu, everything is fine but when I'm done watching trailers and go back to the Sage menu, a piece of the last trailer that I was watching is now "stuck" in the preview window. I have attached a screen shot of a trailer (Piranha 3D) that is "stuck". You can see I have the menu item "Music" highlighted. This picture (not playing, just a picture) stays there until I watch something that is full screened then it goes away. Also, this is a picture because I fast forwarded through the trailer. If I watch the trailer to the end then I'll have a black or gray screen here or whatever is the last frame of the trailer I'm guessing. What else happens is that from the screen shot of the menu I posted, if I hit the left navigation arrow (I'm already all the way to the "left" in the menu items) the stuck picture in the screen shot went full screen and played to the end and then all just stopped and I had a black screen with an Apple logo in the corner. Nothing else happened so I hit STOP and my DVD/BDs popped up. Anyway, I can get your more screen shots if that would help as I can reproduce this.

2) The selection of Trailers from the Sage main menu seems "backwards" to me as compared to the normal convention. If I use the enter/select button I get all the trailers but if I use the right navigation button I get only the Top 10 trailers. I of course didn't read anything when I went to try this and have gotten used to using the right navigation arrow on the Sage Menu (So I see all options) and when I did this on the "Trailers" menu option, all I got was the top 10 and it seemed like that is all I could do with this plugin but seeing the screen shots I knew there was more too it and after playing around, I discovered the enter/select button is what got me to the other area. Anyway, this may be a personal thing but by the way the rest of the Sage menu items work, it would seem to be more consistent to have the enter/select button show the top 10 trailers and the right navigation button show the "meat" of the plugin.

3) I was looking for a place to put in my zip code and select a local movie theater but this doesn't appear to exists in this release. It was mentioned in another thread that this feature (be able to see the trailers for a selected movie theater or the theaters in your area) would be in this plugin. Hopefully this is something that is coming later because that feature would be most exellent

Thanks again!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailers1.JPG (182.1 KB, 239 views)
Old 07-24-2010, 06:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
Yes that is my menu mod. I thought Ben was going to add a variable to make it work maybe he forgot or I told him wrong. There is another issue with it as well. I will discuss with Ben and hopefully we can get it ironed out.
I have discussed with Ben for all to know and we are going to wait to patch this until the next release of my menu mod which will be after SMM so it will be a bit for now you will have to use the default menu to use this addin correctly although it still work with the null showing.
Old 07-24-2010, 07:15 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
I have a couple comments for ya...
Hey, thanks for the observations

1. I don't think this is a bug with the trailer plugin but more with the default UI, well that's what I thought anyway when making the plugin so I could be wrong. Try doing the samething with a movie......watch it till the end and don't press the stop button. Now when you go back to the main menu you'll see the media object hasn't stopped or rather been closed.....where as the stop button works fine and will stop/close the media object. I will look into it some more just to make sure.

2. Yea, "that's horses for courses"....or another way to look at it is "One mans meat is another mans poison"......when on the main menu try hitting right from the trailer list, you should be taken to the main trailer screen.

3. This never made it into the final version and probably never will, there was talk of another plugin which would do the samething so we never bothered in the end.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-24-2010, 07:35 AM
Sage Fanatic

1. I do see what you are saying here and I do see the DVDs still playing. I guess I see the difference with the Trailers plugin as being that the trailer will close out within the Trailer plugin but as soon as you exit the Trailer plugin, the last part of the trailer is now displayed in the preview window.

2. Yep, I didn't notice at first that hitting right again takes you to the next screen. Please disregard my comment about this then

3. Ahhhh bummer!!! hahaha

Thanks!
Old 07-24-2010, 07:52 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by PLUCKYHD View Post
I have discussed with Ben for all to know and we are going to wait to patch this until the next release of my menu mod which will be after SMM so it will be a bit for now you will have to use the default menu to use this addin correctly although it still work with the null showing.
Thanks for the quick reply. It is not a big deal for now.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent94Z View Post
1. I do see what you are saying here and I do see the DVDs still playing. I guess I see the difference with the Trailers plugin as being that the trailer will close out within the Trailer plugin but as soon as you exit the Trailer plugin, the last part of the trailer is now displayed in the preview window.

2. Yep, I didn't notice at first that hitting right again takes you to the next screen. Please disregard my comment about this then

3. Ahhhh bummer!!! hahaha
1. Yea, I noticed it doing it with any menu that you return to......perhaps I'll file a bug report when I get the time, but its no biggie for me especially seeing as I dont even run version 7 or the trailer plugin on my proper system

2. Cool

3. Yea, it would be nice and its something we did think about. These trailers aren't suited all that well to doing theatre times as alot of the trailers don't actually come out for quite sometime. There is another method for getting more recent trailers or now showing trailers but that wont be happening anytime soon for this plugin.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-24-2010, 08:46 AM
Sage Aficionado

Tried it last night nad it looked nice and seemed to work well. We don't really watch movie trailers but it was interesting to take a look at. The one trailer we did try to view didn't play its sound for some reason.
Old 07-24-2010, 09:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
Tried it last night nad it looked nice and seemed to work well. We don't really watch movie trailers but it was interesting to take a look at. The one trailer we did try to view didn't play its sound for some reason.
Was that a pc client or extender not that it should really matter as it uses the default UI MediaPlayer OSD. You may have issues if its a pc client and you dont have codecs to play .mov files.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-24-2010, 12:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

Just tried this out and it works great. It's really polished and I'm loving the theme.

I do have one feature request: Please add the ability to specify the dowload location of the posters and movie clips. The default location is no good for WHS users.
Old 07-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Just tried this out and it works great. It's really polished and I'm loving the theme.

I do have one feature request: Please add the ability to specify the dowload location of the posters and movie clips. The default location is no good for WHS users.
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...51&postcount=1

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-24-2010, 12:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_h View Post
Please add the ability to specify the dowload location of the posters and movie clips. The default location is no good for WHS users.
Base Path setting works great for this
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2
Old 07-24-2010, 02:34 PM
Sage Fanatic

Oops, did not see that.
Old 07-24-2010, 08:15 PM
Sage Icon

Ben,

If I am working on an STVi to go with the MBDiamond theme (tweaks to screen layouts and inset panels for recording/video details/listings) and want to make sure that users can still use this plugin what other things should I avoid in my STVI? I noticed the mention of the plugin not working with STVi's that modify the main menu and just want to make sure there isn't anything else I should avoid.

Thanks,

Jeremy

PS - If the look and feel of the full Ortus UI are going to be anything like this it will be awesome. Great work.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:08 AM
Sage Icon

You shouldn't have to worry too much as the only area's that I've changed in the default UI is the MediaPlayer OSD to allow the use of trailer posters, added an extra main menu item for the link to the main trailer screen and used a table on the secondary level menu content area....the rest of it is in its own menu item. In hindsight it was probably a bad move on my part to add that table to the secondary level menu but at the time we thought it looked pretty cool and it added another dimension to the plugin.

If you alter the default layout of the Main Menu e.g like Pluckys Main Menu Mod then it will go all screwy.....but in saying that people have a choice, use your plugin or this plugin, its pretty hard trying to make something that will be compatible with every other plugin out there.

Cheers

Ben
Old 07-25-2010, 06:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

Lovin' the plugin.

Only issue I've noticed is that the option to switch between view styles is not available on my extenders.

I see the "View Styles" option in the options list on my placeshifter and on the server's client, but not on the extenders....
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3
Old 07-25-2010, 07:20 PM
SageTVaholic

I actually don't see any options.. ???

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
?

If you go to "Trailers" on the main menu of the default UI for 7, you can press right arrow, you see a list of the 10 most recent trailers. "Options" (ie CTRL-O on the server/client) does not do anything here.

If however you have "Trailers" highlighted, and press "Select" rather than use the right arrow key, you get a list of all available trailers. You can then select "Options", and choose change view style, max resolution, transparency, etc, etc....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg trailersamp.jpg (174.2 KB, 176 views)
Server: Win 10 Pro 64 Bit, Intel i5, 8 GB, Samsung EVO 850 500 GB for OS, WD Black 4 TB + WD Black 1 TB for Recordings, 36TB Synology 1019+ for DVD/Bluray Rips, Music, Home Movies, etc., SageTV Server 64 Bit Ver 9.2.6.976, HDPVR x 2, Bell TV 6131 Receiver x 2, USB-UIRT with 56 KHz Receiver

Clients: PC Client x 2, HD-300 x 2 (1 Using Netgear MoCA Coax Bridges), SageTV Miniclient on NVidia Shield x 3

Last edited by SteveW; 07-25-2010 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I bet your options lock is off like mine was not sure why Ben coded it this way but you have to turn it on to see the options.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:36 PM
SageTVaholic

Yeah, that may be it, because options definitly don't work anywhere in the trailers. Where is this setting? I looked through the various plugin configs, and the properties, and didn't see it.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-25-2010, 09:24 PM
SageTVaholic

I updated to 7.0.12 and for some reason this plugin isn't showing up in the ui mod section. Why would that happen?
Theater: nVidia Shield TV, mini client, Plex for movies, 120" screen. Mitsubishi HC4000. Denon X4300H. 7.4.4 speaker setup.