SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Can't get service to start WHS

I tried changing the heap size to overcome some HD100 issues I was seeing. I tried starting SageTV on my WHS and it wouldn't start. I changed the heap back to the default of 0 still wouldn't start. I then went in and tried starting the service manually and I got an Error 1053 service didn't respond in a timely manner. Uninstalled and reinstalled, same issue (fails to start service during install). Finally I tried rebooting, at boot I get Error 1920 verify sufficient privileges.

Short of the heap update nothing has else has changed. I'm able to install and run v6 with no problem, the difficulty with v6 is the wiz.bin for v7 won't work with v6, it marks it as corrupt.

So how do I either get v7 working or downgrade to v6 because at this point I'm completely down!
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 AM
SageTVaholic

You should be able to run the service one of two ways. By default the Sage install will setup the service to run with the local system ID that is built into Windows. The other way is to specify a user account on your WHS box that is in the Administrators group and it has to have a password. As a quick test and if your Administrator account has a password set it up to use that ID and see if it works. When you add that ID to the service and hit the apply button it should give you back a dialog box that says that account has been granted the Log On as a Service right.

You're better off trying to get it to work with Sage7 at this point and this should help.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
You should be able to run the service one of two ways. By default the Sage install will setup the service to run with the local system ID that is built into Windows. The other way is to specify a user account on your WHS box that is in the Administrators group and it has to have a password. As a quick test and if your Administrator account has a password set it up to use that ID and see if it works. When you add that ID to the service and hit the apply button it should give you back a dialog box that says that account has been granted the Log On as a Service right.

You're better off trying to get it to work with Sage7 at this point and this should help.

Gerry
I did try that last night and it didn't work but I don't remember why. I will try it again over my lunch hour and let you know.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:44 AM
Sage

Try just running sagetv.exe from the desktop on the whs machine. Your v7 trial may be expired and that would notify you of it.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:49 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
Try just running sagetv.exe from the desktop on the whs machine. Your v7 trial may be expired and that would notify you of it.
Good call, I will try that!
Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narflex View Post
So this worked, the trail had expired. So two things have come out of this.

First users that upgrade to v7 need to know that the wiz.bin is no longer compatible with v6 and will be marked as corrupt if they try to downgrade.

Second as a WHS user how am I notified of the trials expiration under "normal" use (not launching the sagetv.exe)?
Old 06-28-2010, 08:51 PM
Sage Icon

If I recall, the status of the trial shows up on the Sage TV service tab on the WHS console in the licensing section.