SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-22-2017, 09:45 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvmaster2 View Post
I reinstalled my tuner, selecting USB UIRT as the device, and I can see it responding to the Hauppauge remote key presses, but that doesn't translate to any activity within Sage. There was a single device If I remember correctly, Motorola, under the UIRT, but I wasn't sure how that interfaced.
Are you referring to using the USB-UIRT as a blaster to control a STB, or as a receiver to control the SageTV Frontend?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 01-22-2017, 09:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
The windows installer is essentially the only proper route. The thread is stickied in the Open Source Downloads & Instructions forum.

If you want to use the SageTV EPG, then you enter the key in sage when you are configuring the source, though honestly, I'd take this opportunity to switch to schedules direct, since you'll need to in a few months anyway - save the hassle of setting sources up twice and just do it now.
Ok, i'll consider that. Any rain out your way today?
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-22-2017, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok, i'll consider that. Any rain out your way today?
Constant. Very uncharacteristic.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Constant. Very uncharacteristic.
same here on the coast. since 11am, and windy. My intention was to use the USB UIRT to control my two hauppauge tuners thru Sage server, using either my Hauppauge remote, or a Harmony, etc.
Sage 9 server = Gigabyte AMD quad-core - 4 gigs - integrated ATI HD4200 chipset - SSD boot, Hitachi Deskstar show drives. HD-PVR - Colossus - Win7 32 bit. HD200/300’s networked. HDHomerun tuner. "If you've given up on Weird Al, you've given up on life" - Homer Simpson
Old 01-22-2017, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

There shouldn't be an issue doing this. I have a USB-UIRT on Win10 64 controlling Sage V9. I just copied over the IR file from my V7 server. It shouldn't be too much work to get it going.
Old 01-22-2017, 10:10 PM
SageTVaholic

Okay, again, not really clear. You have in your signature that you have an HD-PVR and a Colossus. I'm assuming those are being fed by Cable company set top boxes (STB), correct? So what you are wanting to do is have the USB-UIRT control one or both of those boxes, correct? This has nothing to do with your Hauppauge remote, and the USB-UIRT would need to be taught how to control that box with the remote that came with the cablebox. None of this is any different in v9 than it was in v7.

Old 01-22-2017, 11:24 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Okay, again, not really clear. You have in your signature that you have an HD-PVR and a Colossus. I'm assuming those are being fed by Cable company set top boxes (STB), correct? So what you are wanting to do is have the USB-UIRT control one or both of those boxes, correct? This has nothing to do with your Hauppauge remote, and the USB-UIRT would need to be taught how to control that box with the remote that came with the cablebox. None of this is any different in v9 than it was in v7.
Correct: one fed by a cable box, one by a sat receiver. So the UIRT can learn the commands from three separate boxes, correct? I guess i'll make sure my Harmony is programmed and then use it as the feader remote? Or does the UIRT want to see remotes from different manufacturers...
And, I don't care if the UIRT learns all the commands of my devices remotes, I only want a remote which interfaces with Sage's menu structure.

Last edited by tvmaster2; 01-23-2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:29 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Correct: one fed by a cable box, one by a sat receiver. So the UIRT can learn the commands from three separate boxes, correct? I guess i'll make sure my Harmony is programmed and then use it as the feader remote? Or does the UIRT want to see remotes from different manufacturers...
And, I don't care if the UIRT learns all the commands of my devices remotes, I only want a remote which interfaces with Sage's menu structure.
So, the USB-UIRT can blast (which is what you will be using it to control the boxes), and can receive (which will be for controlling the sagetv instance on the server). How it is taught the commands if very different between the two.

In the case of Sagetv controlling your boxes, you do this in the source configuration. In there, you will be making a new config for each box, and teaching it at least the 0-9 keys of the appropriate cable box remote. When sage asks for the number, you will hold the remote only about an inch from the window of the USB-UIRT, and hold down the appropriate button until sage says it's learned it.

In the case of you controlling sagetv, that is done in the Setup->Detailed Setup->Commands section in sage. For that section, your can teach the commands from typical controlling distance (on the couch).

Old 01-23-2017, 05:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I still honestly, wanted to know where the idea came from that it was a different experience, because I want to fix that.
The experience is the same, you need to know some tech to get either working properly.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
So, the USB-UIRT can blast (which is what you will be using it to control the boxes), and can receive (which will be for controlling the sagetv instance on the server). How it is taught the commands if very different between the two.

In the case of Sagetv controlling your boxes, you do this in the source configuration. In there, you will be making a new config for each box, and teaching it at least the 0-9 keys of the appropriate cable box remote. When sage asks for the number, you will hold the remote only about an inch from the window of the USB-UIRT, and hold down the appropriate button until sage says it's learned it.

In the case of you controlling sagetv, that is done in the Setup->Detailed Setup->Commands section in sage. For that section, your can teach the commands from typical controlling distance (on the couch).
Thanks - sorry for the delay in responding, had to leave town to fix a leak in the Motherload...

continuing where we left off - when you say 'source configuration', I take it this is during "Setup Video Sources"? Also I take it you can't change a current configuration? For example, my Cable box tuner source is currently setup for FWChannelProxy2 Stub Device, which was selected during the tuner setup. I imagine I have to go thru the whole thing again, including the channel line-up editing?

In the case of Setup/Detailed/Commands, am I configuring one of the four items listed, likely "Remote Control Configuration: 45 button Hauppauge remote" (which it currently lists), or will the USB-UIRT be added as another option after selecting it during the tuner setup?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 01-31-2017 at 12:52 PM.
Old 01-31-2017, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Thanks - sorry for the delay in responding, had to leave town to fix a leak in the Motherload...

continuing where we left off - when you say 'source configuration', I take it this is during "Setup Video Sources"? Also I take it you can't change a current configuration? For example, my Cable box tuner source is currently setup for FWChannelProxy2 Stub Device, which was selected during the tuner setup. I imagine I have to go thru the whole thing again, including the channel line-up editing?

In the case of Setup/Detailed/Commands, am I configuring one of the four items listed, likely "Remote Control Configuration: 45 button Hauppauge remote" (which it currently lists), or will the USB-UIRT be added as another option after selecting it during the tuner setup?
You still need to clarify what you are trying to do. The 'commands' and 'source' are for two very completely different things, and are not related in any way.

Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
You still need to clarify what you are trying to do. The 'commands' and 'source' are for two very completely different things, and are not related in any way.
I thought I was quoting your directions from two posts ago, 368.
If this clears things up, then I have a Cox set top cable box being controlled by Firewire, and a satellite receiver controlled by Hauppauge IR Blaster.
I use the Hauppauge 45 key remote, and occasionally a Harmony 700 to control my SageTV server, which is what the USB UIRT would be hooked up to.
So, I reckon I need to teach the UIRT commands from those two source remotes, and then control those devices, thru SageTV server, with my Hauppauge remote.
Does that make sense?

Last edited by tvmaster2; 02-01-2017 at 05:08 PM.
Old 05-31-2017, 05:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Just an FYI for everyone using this - change the user/password from sage/frey. If you run shodan you can find systems running Sage-Jetty and it doesn't take too long to find at least one system still using the default.
Looking for instructions on how to make this change. Just installed the Web Interface & BMT for my newly-installed Sage9, and don't know where to look to change the password.
Server: Windows 8.1 4gb RAM; 4TB SATA + others. Homebrew quad core AMD. Inputs: Haup. 980, 850 & 950Q on ATSC; Haup 1600 on ATSC & Comcast 2 DTAs with USBUIRT for NTSC. Haup 1800 on ATSC. HDHR Dual (ATSC). Sage 9.22 64 bit.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCRUser View Post
Looking for instructions on how to make this change. Just installed the Web Interface & BMT for my newly-installed Sage9, and don't know where to look to change the password.
Go into Setup - SageTV Plugins - Installed Plugins and click on General. Go down to Jetty Web Server and click Configure Plugin.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:06 PM
SageTVaholic

It would be nice if we could run two instances of the Jetty server. I would like to be able to run one that would only be accessible from my LAN without a password and a second one where I would forward the port to the net and be accessible remotely but it would have a password.
Old 05-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
It would be nice if we could run two instances of the Jetty server. I would like to be able to run one that would only be accessible from my LAN without a password and a second one where I would forward the port to the net and be accessible remotely but it would have a password.
You can use something like Nginx as a proxy, (there's even a Docker for it that contains a Lets Encrypt client so you can get free SSL easily--you want SSL if you're doing remote connections). That can let you define different rules for different networks e.g. no login for some and login for others. You can also add things like fail2ban which will block an IP address after a given number of incorrect login attempts.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarylFStein View Post
You can use something like Nginx as a proxy, (there's even a Docker for it that contains a Lets Encrypt client so you can get free SSL easily--you want SSL if you're doing remote connections). That can let you define different rules for different networks e.g. no login for some and login for others. You can also add things like fail2ban which will block an IP address after a given number of incorrect login attempts.
Thanks - I will look into that but probably using Apache as I have the Apache docker installed and I also have an Ubuntu VM with Apache running and I think you can do the same reverse proxying with Apache.
Old 06-03-2017, 09:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
I think you can do the same reverse proxying with Apache.
Yes, Apache will work fine for reverse-proxying. I'm doing that in with my Sage/Jetty.
Old 06-04-2017, 05:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Go into Setup - SageTV Plugins - Installed Plugins and click on General. Go down to Jetty Web Server and click Configure Plugin.
any reason why it WOULDN'T let you change the settings? For some reason, I can't seem to - i'm pretty sure I know the password, but the password requester keeps telling me I'm using the wrong password, even though I'm not, 'cause that's the pass I'm using to log in. Any ideas?
Old 06-05-2017, 06:25 AM
SageTVaholic

There is probably a manual way to do this as well. If I remember correctly there was a file like realm.properties where you would put in your user and password. You can look for that file, shut down Sage and then change it.