SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 01-04-2012, 11:56 AM
Sage Icon

You don't want to change the base port (8080) to match your extender, those are totally unrelated... That's the port you use to access the web server, not the port that the web server uses to access the extender...
TbSageTV (1.02)/STVRemote (1.11): Monitor/control SageTV with a PlayBook 2
TiSageTV (1.64)/TiSTVRemote (1.09): Monitor/control SageTV with an iPhone/iPod/iPad
Old 01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Sage Icon

So it's possible (likely?) that if I change both my web redirect and the jetty server port setting back to 8080 (or some other unused port number, as long as they match) that it might work?

EDIT: It fixed it.... working now.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.

Last edited by pjpjpjpj; 01-05-2012 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
But first, do these steps to get the troubleshooting started.
  1. Enable SageTV debug logging
  2. Uninstall the plugins
  3. Follow any prompts to restart SageTV
  4. Shut down SageTV
  5. Print directory listings of the JARs and Jetty folders ('>' overwrites the output file if it exists, '>>' appends to it). The text file doesn't have to be in C:\, you could put it somewhere else.
    Code:
    C:\>dir "c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs" /s > c:\dirs1.txt

C:\>dir "c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Jetty" /s >> c:\dirs1.txt
  6. Start SageTV
  7. Install only the Jetty plugin
  8. Follow any prompts to restart SageTV
  9. After SageTV restarts, go to the Jetty Web Server plugin, click on it, click Configure on the menu that pops up, then change the log level to "VERBOSE"
  10. Shut down SageTV
  11. Print directory listings of the JARs and Jetty folders again (note the different output filenames!)
    Code:
    C:\>dir "c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs" /s > c:\dirs2.txt

C:\>dir "c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\Jetty" /s >> c:\dirs2.txt
  12. Start SageTV, then shut it down (to get the sagetv_0.txt log of Sage and Jetty starting up)
  13. Post the dirs1.txt, dirs2.txt, and sagetv_0.txt files
Hopefully that's all clear. Feel free to ask for clarification.
I'm having problems getting Jetty working on my new Sage build - navigating to http://host:9090/apps results in a spinny circle without any page displaying in both Chrome and IE.

Following jreichen's instructions here, I've attached the jetty/jar folder lists & Sage log. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than I can identify the problem.
Attached Files
File Type: txt dirs1.txt (1.5 KB, 153 views)
File Type: txt dirs2.txt (4.1 KB, 145 views)
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (209.6 KB, 316 views)
Old 02-23-2012, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Unhappy Self-Generated SSL

Trying to follow the instructions on the wiki, but I haven't been able to get jetty to use my own generated keystore file. I used the exact command in the example to generate mine. I added the lines to sage.properties. Still, jetty always default to using the built-in key. If I move the built-in key, I get an error on the page:

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

This is my sage.properties jetty section:

jetty/jetty.configfiles="C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty.xml" "C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty-ssl.xml"
jetty/jetty.home=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty
jetty/jetty.log.level=INFO
jetty/jetty.logs=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\logs
jetty/jetty.port=8080
jetty/jetty.ssl.keypassword=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.keystore="C\:\\Users\\MyUser\\.keystore"
jetty/jetty.ssl.password=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.port=8443
jetty/jetty.ssl.trustpassword=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.truststore="C\:\\Users\\MyUser\\.keystore"
jetty/upnp=Manual Configuration

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?
Old 02-23-2012, 12:15 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi brb84, rename/move the keystore file you created to the same name/location as what sageTV expects. Make sure you're using the right passwords, truststore, etc define below. If you still are getting an error, you might be using the wrong instructions to create the keystore file.

PS: Are you using 8443 as your ssl port or 443? It might be easier to use 443. If you use 443, you dont have to specific the port in the URL every time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb84 View Post
Trying to follow the instructions on the wiki, but I haven't been able to get jetty to use my own generated keystore file. I used the exact command in the example to generate mine. I added the lines to sage.properties. Still, jetty always default to using the built-in key. If I move the built-in key, I get an error on the page:

Error 107 (net::ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR): SSL protocol error.

This is my sage.properties jetty section:

jetty/jetty.configfiles="C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty.xml" "C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty-ssl.xml"
jetty/jetty.home=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty
jetty/jetty.logs=C\:\\Program Files (x86)\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\logs
jetty/jetty.port=8080
jetty/jetty.ssl.keypassword=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.keystore="C\:\\Users\\MyUser\\.keystore"
jetty/jetty.ssl.password=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.trustpassword=123456
jetty/jetty.ssl.truststore="C\:\\Users\\MyUser\\.keystore"

Any ideas what I'm doing wrong here?

***RIP SageTV***
Old 02-23-2012, 01:07 PM
Sage Advanced User

I ran this exact command using the keytool executable in my java/jre6/bin directory and followed the prompts for setting name and location:

keytool -genkey -keyalg RSA -keypass 123456 -storepass 123456 -validity 365

That generated a .keystore file in my home directory, which is C:\Users\MyUser.

The settings in Sage.Properties are pointing to that directory. I'm not sure what else could be missing. It would be nice if there was some more specific error.

As for the port, I'm using 8443 because my router's SSL interface actually uses 443.

Last edited by brb84; 02-23-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2012, 07:39 AM
Sage Fanatic

It looks fine to me. Did you stop the SageTV service before editing the properties file?
Old 02-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Sage Advanced User

I figured it out. I did not create the certificate as the root user. I ignored that statement originally because it was prefaced by "Linux users..."

Once I ran the command prompt as admin, created the certificate, specified that it just go on the C drive, and changed the sage.prop values to point to the key's name on the C drive, everything came up beautifully.
Old 04-08-2012, 04:09 PM
Sage Icon

Got new server hardware, had to reinstall OS and SageTV again. Got everything working except for the webserver. I'm getting this error after login/password from this address: http://192.168.1.102:8080/apps/

Quote:
HTTP ERROR 403

Problem accessing /apps/. Reason:

User not in required role

Powered by Jetty://
This is all default settings, port 8080, sage/frey
How do I fix this?

EDIT: nevermind, went into realm.properties and delete a bunch of strange characters and changed it to "sage: frey,user", now it works.

- SageTV 7.1.9 Server. Win7 32bit in VMWare Fusion. HDHR (FiOS Coax). HDHR Prime 3 Tuners (FiOS Cable Card). Gemstone theme.
- SageTV HD300 - HDMI 1080p Samsung 75" LED.

Last edited by mayamaniac; 04-08-2012 at 04:17 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 PM
Sage Icon

feeling like a newb here but I haven't had to touch my stuff in 3.5 years, just rebuilt the server, and now jetty doesn't work. I just get
Quote:
Oops! Google Chrome could not connect to 192.168.1.123:8080
here's the portion of my sage.properties file. I tried uninstalling the plugin, then re-installing it, no love.

I'm on Windows 7-64Bit if that helps.

Quote:

jetty/jetty.configfiles="C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\etc\\jetty.xml"
jetty/jetty.home=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty
jetty/jetty.logs=C\:\\Program Files\\SageTV\\SageTV\\jetty\\logs
jetty/jetty.port=8080
jetty/upnp.external.http=8080
jetty/upnp.external.https=8443
Old 07-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post
feeling like a newb here but I haven't had to touch my stuff in 3.5 years, just rebuilt the server, and now jetty doesn't work. I just get

here's the portion of my sage.properties file. I tried uninstalling the plugin, then re-installing it, no love.

I would try a couple things:

1.) Try to hit the URL from the server itself with http://localhost:8080/apps
If that works, then if you were trying from a different server before, you may just need to create a windows firewall exception for 8080.

2.) Pull out the SSL config altogether so that you just have port 8080 setup. If that works, I'm guessing the server is blowing up on the certificate somehow.
Old 07-23-2012, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by brb84 View Post
I would try a couple things:

1.) Try to hit the URL from the server itself with http://localhost:8080/apps
If that works, then if you were trying from a different server before, you may just need to create a windows firewall exception for 8080.

2.) Pull out the SSL config altogether so that you just have port 8080 setup. If that works, I'm guessing the server is blowing up on the certificate somehow.
Thx for the quick reply. Tried both of those, no love. Very baffling.
Old 07-24-2012, 01:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by IVB View Post

That is wrong you copied the SageTV folder from a 32 bit to a 64 bit and the poperties are pointing to the wrong place. SageTv should be in Program Files (x86)

should be
\\Program Files (x86)\\ ... not ... \\Program Files\\ ....

In sage.properties and sageclient.properties change all the instances of
\\Program Files\\ to
\\Program Files (x86)\\

You did the same thing this user did.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...02&postcount=1

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-24-2012 at 01:55 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 06:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Which is why I always setup completely from scratch. Make sure everything is installed and working THEN copy in the wiz.bin and ONLY the wiz.bin from old install. That way the properties file and everything else in SageTV is setup for the new PC. I do make the PC name the same as the old name and the same recording drives. I use UNC.
Old 07-24-2012, 07:14 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobPhoenix View Post
Which is why I always setup completely from scratch. Make sure everything is installed and working THEN copy in the wiz.bin and ONLY the wiz.bin from old install. That way the properties file and everything else in SageTV is setup for the new PC. I do make the PC name the same as the old name and the same recording drives. I use UNC.
That is the proper way to do it .. The inexperienced Sage users have to understand that during Installation filters are registered and proper registry settings are set. Also the install directory is set in the registry.

If you want to keep all your settings there are ways to do it but it takes some tinkering and initial setup before moving Sage.

Last edited by nyplayer; 07-24-2012 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 09:16 AM
Sage Icon

ooops, thanks. Although I must have multiple issues as I still can't get Jetty working. I changed Sage.prop & Sageclient.prop. Will look again tonight to see what else is going on.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:13 PM
Sage Icon

Couldn't take it anymore, blew away the whole SageTV directory and started over. And whaddya know, this worked right away.

Now to figure out which plugins I actually had installed. I suppose I should have written that down. Not that big a deal, I guess. And, it seems to work fine, so i'll back up the current wiz.bin, then put the prior one on, and pray it all still works.
Old 07-17-2015, 10:01 PM
SageTVaholic

So.. here's a crazy shot in the dark.. Has anyone tried dropping a newer version of jetty into sage and see what it breaks? I'm asking primarily because I've seen many users that want to upgrade to Java 8 on their servers and the currently used version of jetty (6.something) doesn't work under Java 8. The current version, 9.2 i think, is supposed to work well with Java 8. I will be the first to say, however, that I have absolutely NO idea how jetty is talking to the sage API's, and/or if this is something that would be broken with the new versions.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-18-2015, 12:33 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
So.. here's a crazy shot in the dark.. Has anyone tried dropping a newer version of jetty into sage and see what it breaks? I'm asking primarily because I've seen many users that want to upgrade to Java 8 on their servers and the currently used version of jetty (6.something) doesn't work under Java 8. The current version, 9.2 i think, is supposed to work well with Java 8. I will be the first to say, however, that I have absolutely NO idea how jetty is talking to the sage API's, and/or if this is something that would be broken with the new versions.
Looks like NYplayer did make an attempt, in a different thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...&postcount=305

I looked at it very briefly about a month ago, and the API for jetty made a rather significant shift between 6.x and 7.x so even dropping a v7 Jetty jar in there may not work, but I didn't make an attempt at it before I had to leave again.

Also V9 is not considered to be "release" just yet, so V8.x is the official release build currently. But we're behind on even that right now.
Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 PM
Sage Icon

There were a lot of changes to Java package names and some class names when the project moved over to the Eclipse Foundation. I've already made these changes to the plugin's codebase.

The other issue is that each web app is required to deliver an xml file that has Jetty class references in it and all those have to be modified. Hopefully the plugin can be modified to work with the existing files in a "compatibility mode" until the other plugins can be updated.

I hope to set aside some time to fix these issues but I don't see it happening until the Sage source code is released. If anybody else is interested in getting their feet wet with writing plugins I'd be more than happy to support them if they want to make these changes.

EDIT: Oh, and the jsp functionality needs fixed too.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.