SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-26-2010, 12:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Upcoming Movies on sageTV 7

Currently, on all clients, I'm using sageMC. The most used feature for my family (due to the wide variety of HD movie channels that are on), is the Upcoming Movies feature. Its very common for my family members to just sit down on the couch (or where ever they are), turn on the TV, and click on the "Upcoming Movies" button on the sageMC main menu to see what's on or what's good to record. They even have the option to playback the trailers for each upcoming movie to see if they really want to watch it or not.

I admit, I didnt spend a whole lot of time using the sageTV 7 STV. Maybe I didnt look hard enough; but, the only thing I saw was the legacy malore upcoming movies custom menu for from years ago burried deep in the menus; which doesnt match the rest of the UI and looks very outdated; certainly not something my family members are willing to downgrade to.

It would be great to see this builtin to sageTV 7's modern STV as well as other commonly used components like IMDB search.

-Michael

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-27-2010, 07:52 PM
Sage Advanced User

Movie search / upcoming movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Currently, on all clients, I'm using sageMC. The most used feature for my family (due to the wide variety of HD movie channels that are on), is the Upcoming Movies feature. Its very common for my family members to just sit down on the couch (or where ever they are), turn on the TV, and click on the "Upcoming Movies" button on the sageMC main menu to see what's on or what's good to record. They even have the option to playback the trailers for each upcoming movie to see if they really want to watch it or not.

I admit, I didnt spend a whole lot of time using the sageTV 7 STV. Maybe I didnt look hard enough; but, the only thing I saw was the legacy malore upcoming movies custom menu for from years ago burried deep in the menus; which doesnt match the rest of the UI and looks very outdated; certainly not something my family members are willing to downgrade to.

It would be great to see this builtin to sageTV 7's modern STV as well as other commonly used components like IMDB search.

-Michael
I just asked about this in another subforum.... I agree, the SageMC movie search is much easier to use and something I really miss in V7. Is there any way to incorporate this in V7 without using SageMC?

Larry
Old 07-27-2010, 08:51 PM
SageTVaholic

There's an upcoming Movies plugin in V7 via the plugin manager. It's still not quite as nice as what we're used to in SageMC; but, its definitely much better than the old Malore one. Under sageMC, I actually have "Upcoming Movies" on the main menu on all my clients; and, wouldnt have it any other way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryf View Post
I just asked about this in another subforum.... I agree, the SageMC movie search is much easier to use and something I really miss in V7. Is there any way to incorporate this in V7 without using SageMC?

Larry

***RIP SageTV***
Old 07-27-2010, 11:42 PM
SageTVaholic

There is an upcoming movies that is an extension of the Malore menues. You have to enable the unsupported extras (5309 on system info screen). It then shows up under TV -> Custom Menus -> Upcoming Movies. The great thing about it is that since it's based on the Malore screens, it supports all the advanced features (such as multiple filter/grouping sets), so you could have a view to see just upcoming kids movies, for instance.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room