SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 04-23-2004, 12:29 PM

Favorite by catogory needs tweaking?

Has anyone else noticed this...
I have a Favorite by catogory setup for "Anime" and I love this feature. However for some of my Anime shows I wish to make a seperate/individual(old style) favorite, so I can adjust either Channel, Quality or First/Rerun status. The thing is that as long as I have the "Anime category Favorite" I can't create an old style Favorite for any of the shows that fall under the Anime category. Any attempts to do so end up bringing up the screen to edit the "Anime catogory" settings, rather than creating settings for a new favorite based on just the show name. I end of having to delete my Anime category Favorite, and then creating the new Favorite for the individual show. I then recreate my Anime catogory favorite. I got this idea from the fact that my Ver1.4 pre-catogory favorites still worked even with the Anime favorite.

This method seems to work fine. All my shows are recorded and I can manged conflicts in the normal way. However, it seems a little combersome. I know I've been away for a long time, so am I missing something or is this a valid point?

TIA
Old 04-23-2004, 02:11 PM

Hmmm, I have the same issues, even with MY Anime category favorite . I agree. Welcome back Justme, have not seen you here for awhile.
Old 04-23-2004, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, I have the same issues, even with MY Anime category favorite . I agree.
OK, good to see that I'm not misunderstanding Sage's current behavior. I'll submit it, though I'm not quite sure how to handle it better.

Quote:
Welcome back Justme, have not seen you here for awhile.
Thanks. It's great to be back, so many changes(both Frey site and SageTV 2). I'm not fully back to normal, but I'm good enough to start making a nuisance of myself around here again.
Old 04-23-2004, 03:52 PM
Sage

Just use the "Add Title Favorite" option in the FavMgr to get around this.
Old 04-23-2004, 10:59 PM

Thanks Jeff, I'll try that. Huge thanks for explainning the correct way to handle this.

I wonder if in a future version(not neccessarily Sage2.0) you could add an option that would show up when a Category style Favorite show is selected directly from the Guide. Something to allow the easier creation of a new Favorite directly from the Guide. This option could either be a question before the Favorite settings menu is displayed* or add an extra selection** to the Favorite settings menu screen when it's launced from the guide.

Something like this would make it a little easier to create new Favorites directly from the Guide screen. It's a small thing but it would still be nice. I tend to create many of my favorites from the Guide screen.

*ie Go to Category Favorite menu or create a new Title Favorite for this show?

**ie Create Title Favorite

Edit:I just relized another area where this type of option would be usefull, the "additional airings" listing for a Category style favorite. I often use the additional airings feature of my Category favorites to find new shows I may wish to make "Title Favorites" for, so I can change priority or recording quality. It would be great to be able to do this instream, so to speak, rather than remembering the showname(or names) and then going back to another menu.

Thanks.

Last edited by justme; 04-23-2004 at 11:05 PM.