SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-24-2010, 07:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Current recordings "recorded movies" title listing

I was wondering if anyone knew how to recreate the malore type listing of the shows.I want all my shows to be under their own category and recorded movies to be under one category as well. when i do groupings by category it gives me odd lists like sports event, non sports and so forth
WHen i do it by title, i get the TV shows grouped perfectly but the movies are all on each separate line not grouped into a category "recorded movies". i don't want to select the "recorded movies" view as i want to see all my shows not just the movies.
any thoughts?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:49 PM
SageTVaholic

The Malore menus have been asked about and discussed numerous times. They will be updated to the new UI when Opus has time. In the mean time you can still use the old v6 ones if you want to.

As for what's available in the v7 UI style, as you know all of your Recorded Movies are in their own listing. So if you don't want them scattered about in All Recordings you can filter movies from the listing and rename it something more appropriate for your filter settings. It has already been said that movies will not be put into a group of their own with the default listings.

I have All Recordings filtered to remove movies then the shows are grouped A-Z by title and each group sorted by original air date. Then I use the Recorded Movies listing for movies. When the Malore style menus are updated for v7 I may switch back to them. I'll just have to wait and see how they look and function compared to the defaults.

Last edited by blade; 05-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 07:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

thanks blade. i know that i cannot achieve malore just yet but i would like to do the filtering just like you descibed. When i filter for "movie", it just selects all movies as opposed to removing them..what am i missing?. how do i designate it to exclude the filter "movie" instead of including it in the all recordings listing?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:18 AM
SageTVaholic

On the filter screen where you selected movies click on "Selected Categories Are: Included" to change it to Excluded.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

Perfect!! i totally missed that as it didn't appear to be an option that was selectable...sweet..now i can stick with the default recordings options...thank you.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It has already been said that movies will not be put into a group of their own with the default listings.
any update on why the movies will not be put into their own grouping like they are with the malore type menus? seems like a rational/simple grouping that would clean up my tv recordings view..also i would not have to change views to the "recorded movies" view which I know exists...it would be a lot simpler to have a grouping that states "movies" instead of a whole separate view...what am I missing?
Extenders: HD300 x2
Tuners: HD Homerun Prime, HD Homerun, HD-PVR, Comcast Cable Box DCH-6200