SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 06-04-2010, 02:27 PM
SageTVaholic

v2.0.0.853 added to the repository. This version adds the various events for media file deletion notification. With this update, you can now subscribe to the following events:

* Media File Deleted (User): Fires when a user deletes a media file
* Media File Deleted (Low Space): Fires when the core auto deletes file due to space issues
* Media File Deleted (Keep at Most): Fires when the core auto deletes a file due to keep at most exceeded
* Media File Deleted (Verify Failed): Fires when the core auto deletes a file because it failed core verification
* Media File Deleted (Partial/Unwanted): Fires when the core auto deletes a file because it is a partial recording or it is unwanted

The alert message includes the following info:

MediaTitle[: Subtitle][/ExternalShowId]/MediaFileID

Text in [] may or may not be provided, depending on if it's available.

I wasn't going to handle the "user" case, but then I figured there might be SageAlert users out there who want to be notified when a media file is deleted manually (perhaps by other "users" in the house) so I added it as well.

Notes: SageAlert requires SageTV 7.0.9 or higher. Support for these new media deleted events requires SageTV 7.0.10 or higher. However, this latest build will still install and run on 7.0.9 and you'll even be able to subscribe to these events on 7.0.9, it's just that the events will never fire on 7.0.9. I did it this way so that when a 7.0.9 user upgrades SageTV then they'll just "automagically" gain this extra functionality.
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 06-06-2010, 02:34 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
Port 110 is typically the POP3 server on most networks. I'd try changing it to port 25. If that doesn't work, search your ISP's web site for details on its SMTP server settings.
That was it. I found the SMTP settings for Thunderbird, put those in and all is now working.

Thanks!

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 06-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hey Slugger.

I love your plugins! I use several. Thanks!

I have a question on SageAlert. Would it be possible to have one server just be a text file. It would be really nice to log what the kids watch on TV. I am currently dumping it to Twitter, but just a text file would simplify reviewing it

Thanks again

Kent
Old 06-07-2010, 12:50 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PosterBoy View Post
Hey Slugger.

I love your plugins! I use several. Thanks!

I have a question on SageAlert. Would it be possible to have one server just be a text file. It would be really nice to log what the kids watch on TV. I am currently dumping it to Twitter, but just a text file would simplify reviewing it

Thanks again

Kent
Not a bad idea. Can you add an issue ticket for this, please? You may also want to include some extra details in the ticket like how you'd think the txt file would be best formatted, etc.
Old 06-09-2010, 09:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Beta 863 is available in the repository. It adds the CSV logger as a destination type. Multiple CSV loggers can be created and events can be sent to multiple CSV files, as desired. When you create a CSV logger only the file name is used - any path info is dropped from the file name. All CSV log files end up in SageTV/plugins/sagealert/alertLogs/

Betas 860-862 were added and promptly removed from the repository - that's what you get for sloppy testing in an effort to rush things so I can actually use SageTV for an evening.

863 fixes all the bugs 860-862 introduced. 863 is good to go and is now my recommended version for all users to be running!
Old 06-10-2010, 04:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

I've had sagealert installed on v6. It just popped up in v7 plugin manager so I decided to upgrade. The web interface is all messed up...for example, if I click Email under Servers it does nothing. And clicking on all the alert options just has "Save" and nothing else...so I am not sure how to select or unselect alerts.

The worst part is now I cannot uninstall or reinstall from the plugin manager...it says there are no installation options for sagealert
Old 06-10-2010, 05:44 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phareous View Post
I've had sagealert installed on v6. It just popped up in v7 plugin manager so I decided to upgrade. The web interface is all messed up...for example, if I click Email under Servers it does nothing. And clicking on all the alert options just has "Save" and nothing else...so I am not sure how to select or unselect alerts.
The SageAlert UI has changed a lot. You now have to right-click on Email and choose Create to enter your email info. Likewise for Growl and Twitter servers. Until you do that, there won't be any checkboxes for you to check under the notifications.

Quote:
The worst part is now I cannot uninstall or reinstall from the plugin manager...it says there are no installation options for sagealert
Go to the Installed Plugins page instead of All Available Plugins if you want to uninstall.
Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

Ah thank you...that fixed everything. I'm not used to right-clicking on a web app. Maybe under alerts it should say something like 'No destinations defined' or something...and then under email it could say 'No email addresses defined. Right-click to add.'
Old 06-11-2010, 05:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

How do I send a test message? I thought I remembered that from old version,but I can't figure it out in this one
Old 06-11-2010, 07:37 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
How do I send a test message? I thought I remembered that from old version,but I can't figure it out in this one
The ability to test servers hasn't been ported yet to v2.x. In the mean time, configure an alert for, say, the client connected event then just trigger the event. All attempts to notify are logged in SageTV/plugins/sagealert/sagealert.log so you can see the results/errors in there, assuming the actual alert doesn't arrive as expected.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 AM
Sage Advanced User

I see that you have to manually enter aliases for clients. Will you be adding extenders.properties support in the future? I already populated that file for the regular sage web interface
Old 06-14-2010, 12:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I see that you have to manually enter aliases for clients. Will you be adding extenders.properties support in the future? I already populated that file for the regular sage web interface
Seems like I could handle that. Please open an issue ticket for this.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

I just upgraded from SageAlert v1 to v2. Reconfigured everything. Whenever it goes to send an e-mail after an event fires, I get the following error in the log:

Code:
2010-07-14 23:02:06,428 INFO  [ClientEventsListener]: Event received: ClientDisconnected
2010-07-14 23:02:06,506 ERROR [DataStore]: JSON error
org.json.JSONException: JSONObject["user"] not found.
	at org.json.JSONObject.get(JSONObject.java:423)
	at org.json.JSONObject.getString(JSONObject.java:594)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sagealert.server.DataStore.getSmtpSettings(DataStore.java:777)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sagealert.server.EmailServer.connectToSmtp(EmailServer.java:90)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sagealert.server.EmailServer.access$100(EmailServer.java:39)
	at com.google.code.sagetvaddons.sagealert.server.EmailServer$1.run(EmailServer.java:74)

Any ideas?

Edit: Figured it out, I had the user and password entries on the SMTP configuration blank. My mail server doesn't require them. Any way to make these two fields optional?

Last edited by michelkenny; 07-14-2010 at 10:16 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelkenny View Post
Edit: Figured it out, I had the user and password entries on the SMTP configuration blank. My mail server doesn't require them. Any way to make these two fields optional?
The bug's been fixed; a new build will appear in the repository shortly.
Old 07-14-2010, 10:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
The bug's been fixed; a new build will appear in the repository shortly.
Wow that was quick. Updated and tested, works fine now. Thanks!
Old 07-17-2010, 09:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Media start/stop/finished events from clients now supported!

With the delivery of core beta 7.0.12, SageAlert is now able to receive the various media playback events for connected clients. This means SageAlert can post configured notifications for your clients as well as placeshifters and extenders.

No code changes were required in SageAlert (I had already planned for this), but you must ensure that you're running server core 7.0.12 and all clients are also running 7.0.12 in order for this to work. I've tested it here and as long as the server and clients are at v7.0.12 then it all works as expected. Configure your client playback notifications from the Clients panel in the SageAlert GUI.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:52 AM
SageTVaholic

Sorry for the series of updates to SageAlert. Thought I had added proper support for using the extenders.properties file from the web server plugin as a source of client alias info, but my testing proved to be incorrect. And my fixes aren't doing much better (same testing errors). I promise this next update (895) is the last for today (whether it fixes it or not).

EDIT: Ok, 895 still doesn't use the extenders.properties file properly... will look at this again sometime next week. 895 still contains the addition of the new media deleted (import lost) event, so it's still worth updating, imho.

Last edited by Slugger; 07-17-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Bug not fixed...
Old 07-27-2010, 09:11 PM
SageTVaholic

Would it be possible to allow customization of messages? I currently have two servers and it would be nice if the message tweeted was 'Blue's Clues' has just started recording on SageServer1. It would also be nice to be able to add the episode name if you so desired - using syntax like in sjq from the Sage API.
Old 07-28-2010, 08:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayner View Post
Would it be possible to allow customization of messages? I currently have two servers and it would be nice if the message tweeted was 'Blue's Clues' has just started recording on SageServer1. It would also be nice to be able to add the episode name if you so desired - using syntax like in sjq from the Sage API.
It's all possible, but time consuming - especially to properly test it all. I encourage you to open up feature requests on the project web site, but I'll be honest and tell you that feature requests for most plugins are way on the back burner right now and will be for some time to come. I'm starting a new job in a few weeks, taking some time off before I start the new job, and what Sage dev time I do have is being used for "other things" at the moment. Of course, I always try to make time for bug reports and fixes, but feature requests are going to be stuck in the ticket queue for a bit.

On the other hand, if there are any Java coders out there that want to tackle some features then I'm always more than willing to accept patches. To do what's proposed above in SageAlert isn't really that difficult (accepting dynamic var expansion for the customized messages is a little more involved, but still not too bad). So I encourage anyone who can to tackle any of the feature requests on the project site.
Old 08-04-2010, 06:41 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
When you create a CSV logger only the file name is used - any path info is dropped from the file name. All CSV log files end up in SageTV/plugins/sagealert/alertLogs/
any chance we could have a general CSV server property that specifies the folder for where all the CSV logs end up?
Check out TVExplorer