SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 05-22-2010, 09:58 AM
SageTVaholic

Plugin: SageAlert v2.x

Welcome to the support thread for SageAlert v2.x. This is the latest version of SageAlert and is compatible only with SageTV v7.

NOTE: SageAlert v2.x is not available yet. I'm just creating this thread for future use and to provide the first screen shot.

SageAlert v2.x is getting close to an initial beta release into the plugin repository, but there's still some polish and a couple of features missing that I'd like to introduce first. Those wanting to know when the first beta is added to the repository should subscribe to this thread.

I've attached a screen shot that shows the new GUI. It should give those interested an idea of where SageAlert v2.x is heading.
Attached Images
File Type: gif sagealert_01.gif (221.8 KB, 1418 views)
STB Controller: 1 x USB-UIRT
Software:Java 1.7.0_71; SageTV 7.1.9
Clients: 1 x HD300, 2 x HD200, 1 x SageClient, 1 x PlaceShifter
Plugins: Too many to list now...
Old 05-23-2010, 08:12 AM
Sage User

Thank you for the hard work updating this GREAT addon
Old 05-30-2010, 04:08 PM
SageTVaholic

First v2.0 beta ready

The first beta for SageAlert v2.0 is now available in the plugin repository.

Please read carefully before installing...

First, this is in a beta state. Functionally, the alerts and notifications are working. If you configure an alert, it should trigger just fine or log why it didn't. The GUI is definitely rough around the edges. Comments welcome.

Docs are lacking - I'm playing catch up trying to get all my plugins ported to v7. A "docs day" is coming soon, however.

Important: Moving to SageAlert v2.0 will require a full reconfiguration. The db formats are not compatible between v1.x and v2.0. You will have to reconfigure all your settings, notifications systems, SMTP settings, etc. Sorry.

Key Changes:

The whole RPC/remote event firing system is deprecated and has been completely removed. This will be replaced by support for firing events to SageAlert using the Sage v7 event model. This is not implemented yet, more details to come.

Twitter: There are no docs yet, but to register a twitter account, click the link to go to twitter web site, give SageAlert access to your account then feed the pin back to SageAlert. Post questions if you have them. Docs are coming for this. (Basically, Twitter now requires OAuth authentication, and this is how it's implemented.)

Events: The low disk space event is missing; this is on purpose. Another plugin will reintroduce this event to SageAlert at a later date.

Right click items in the tree menu to do things (like add/delete accounts). Left click on events to add listeners to them. Hopefully this new interface is more user friendly/intuitive. Comments welcome.

Play around, give me some feedback.
Old 05-30-2010, 06:02 PM
Sage Icon

I would download this in a heartbeat if it could be configured & used 100% from within SageTV (i.e. without the browser requirement). I know that might be a different roadmap from where you plan to take this, but just thought I'd give some feedback.
SageTV server & client: Win 10 Pro x64, Intel DH67CF, Core i5 2405s, 8 GB ram, Intel HD 3000, 40GB SSD system, 4TB storage, 2x HD PVR component + optical audio, USB-UIRT 2 zones + remote hack, Logitech Harmony One, HDMI output to Sony receiver with native Intel bitstreaming
Old 05-30-2010, 06:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by korben_dallas View Post
I would download this in a heartbeat if it could be configured & used 100% from within SageTV (i.e. without the browser requirement). I know that might be a different roadmap from where you plan to take this, but just thought I'd give some feedback.
Fair enough. A future version may introduce some of the basic settings into the STV, but the configuration of events and listeners and notifications, etc. will never be done in the STV (by me).

Why? I don't like writing STVi imports. Two reasons:

1) I'm not a big fan of Studio and how STVs are implemented. I'm not saying it's bad, it's just not my thing. If the STV was written in Java (like a Swing app or whatever) then I'd be more inclined to do it [maybe].

2) But the big reason I don't write STVi imports is because I will only ever be using 1 STV and if you support one, you inevitably get asked to support them all and I just don't have the time to do it. The nice thing about web apps is one interface to support, period. Obviously, right now there's only one STV, but Ortus and Phoenix will change that soon enough and I have no interest to write STVi imports for STV(s) that I'll never use.

I challenge other SageAlert users to write an STVi that brings the full configuration options into the Sage STV, but I'll never do it.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Major packaging snafu with the first upload. Web GUI is useless with that build (841). A new build will appear in the repository shortly.
Old 05-30-2010, 07:40 PM
SageTVaholic

v2.0.0.842 now in repository. It fixes the packaging errors from 841 that made the web GUI useless.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:42 PM
Sage Icon

Never mind, this probably totally a jetty web server issue...
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 05-30-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slugger View Post
I challenge other SageAlert users to write an STVi that brings the full configuration options into the Sage STV, but I'll never do it.
Why does it have to be done as an STVI? The SageTVPlugin configuration methods should be adequate (although with this many settings it may be somewhat unwieldy). That would answer both of your objections: you could do it all in Java, without ever opening Studio, and it would be STV-independent.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKusnick View Post
Why does it have to be done as an STVI? The SageTVPlugin configuration methods should be adequate (although with this many settings it may be somewhat unwieldy). That would answer both of your objections: you could do it all in Java, without ever opening Studio, and it would be STV-independent.
All the menus with all the options (servers, listeners, events, etc.) are all generated dynamically. To call it unwieldy is being nice. Not impossible, but to make it visually appealing/usable requires some UCD skills that I simply do not possess nor desire to improve upon (at least not through these SageTV projects). The web UI was basically already done, it just required some minor changes to update the look. Again, if someone wants to write an STVi or write the config implementation additions to the plugin class (the plugin class in the source tree is located here) then I'm more than willing to accept a patch. I've got to cut myself off somewhere, and for me, this is my limit.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcilicious View Post
Never mind, this probably totally a jetty web server issue...
As in nevermind, it's working?
Old 05-30-2010, 10:19 PM
Sage Icon

No, never mind in that it's not working but I'm not sure it's a SageAlert problem. I'll post again if otherwise

See http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...7&postcount=17 and the rest of the thread for context.
via Olevia 247TFHD/Onyko TX-SR606/Harmony 550/HP MediaSmart EX490 WHS w/12TB
Plex Media Server v0.9.9.5 on HP Touchsmart Envy 23 d16qd
Sonos Play:3, Connect / SimpleTV v2 / Roku 2 XS+Plex / iPhone 5 / iPad 2

Last edited by darcilicious; 05-30-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Old 05-30-2010, 11:45 PM
Sage Fanatic

I can't click on anything in the "Servers" tree. So, I can't configure an email address. However, it is sending emails to the address I had configured in SageAlert v1.X.

Would this happen to be a similar issue to what we saw in the SRE thread? Maybe not compatible with previously installed versions?

-Peter
Old 05-31-2010, 02:48 AM
Sage Expert

When I surf to http://localhost:8080/sagealert, I get:
Quote:
HTTP ERROR: 503

Problem accessing /sagealert. Reason:

SERVICE_UNAVAILABLE