SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 05:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
How do i get all the extra content from playon which i have downloaded plugins for (ex. Discovery Channel) to show up in the uPnP browser?
You don't have to do anything, anything that's available will just show up automatically. Is it not working?

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:12 PM
Sage Aficionado

Make sure you have the plugin enabled on PlayOn. This can be done via the PlayOn UI.
Old 05-21-2010, 05:16 PM
Sage Icon

Nope they don't show up. I checked to make sure they were enabled, both channels and plugins, restarted playon, then went to my SageTV7 test server and restarted.. when going into the online menu for my uPnP server i see the following:

Hulu
Netflix
CBS
Comedy Central
CBS
ESPN
MLB
NHL
CNN
Amazon
YouTube
Playon Info

Thats it...

im missing Discovery, TLC, HGTV, The pandora channel, etc..

This is a fresh install of V7 using the 12 day trial.

~Pix64
Old 05-21-2010, 05:21 PM
Sage Icon

Also i just tried uninstalling and then re-installing the plugin via the plugin manager and no dice :-( sadness
Old 05-21-2010, 05:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Plug-ins are working fine on my setup. Try navigating to the base of the PlayON server and post the resulting SageOnlineServicesEXEs\UPnPBrowser.log .

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pluginsWork.jpg (48.7 KB, 963 views)

Having a problem? Don't forget to include a log! (Instructions for: PlayOn For SageTV v1.5, MediaShrink)
Old 05-21-2010, 05:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Anyone notice that Netflix DVD icons don't load on the first page of the video download list? When I scroll to the second page they load and so on until the end of the list but Sage doesn't go back to collect the one's that were missed.
I noticed this yesterday. Today I updated my Playon software (think the newest version was released on 5/18) and am no longer having the problem. No idea if the new software fixed it or if it was something else. I've been stopping/starting the sage service while tinkering around with Sage almost all day.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:01 PM
Sage User

I'm not sure if this is an issue with this plug-in, the beta of SageTV 7.09, or PlayOn, but I can't seem to stream to multiple SageTV instances simultaneously. If I'm watching something on the server via the PlayOn UPNP and start a video on our HD200 (or any PlaceShifter machine), the video on the server stops; the opposite is true as well. I haven't tested native "Online Videos" like YouTube or Google Video yet, but I don't think the same thing would happen. Anyone else having this issue?

Update: Playing a Hulu video via PlayOn in SageTV on the server and a standard YouTube video via a SageTV PlaceShifter worked fine. So, I'm guessing this is a plug-in problem or a PlayOn problem. Does the plug-in create a temporary file with the same name each time? Could that be it?

Update #2: I can play via PlayOn in SageTV on the server and PlayOn via XBMC on another computer (using same PlayOn server). So, this problem is isolated to SageTV and this plug-in. Want to fix this as we just canceled cable and want my WAF to stay high.

Last edited by kberg31974; 05-21-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Sage Icon

ep, I will check it out as soon as i get a second and post my results.

Thanks for you help.. I did just recently update PlayON server as well..
Old 05-21-2010, 07:09 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kberg31974 View Post
Update #2: I can play via PlayOn in SageTV on the server and PlayOn via XBMC on another computer (using same PlayOn server). So, this problem is isolated to SageTV and this plug-in. Want to fix this as we just canceled cable and want my WAF to stay high.
This might a SageTV problem with the temp files. Can you force the failure, shutdown sage, and then post your sagetv_0.txt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiX64 View Post
ep, I will check it out as soon as i get a second and post my results.
Just a thought, but it sounds like you might have two active PlayOn servers, check your task managers

Old 05-21-2010, 07:33 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks EP that did it. I completely killed everything PlayON, and restarted it. now it is showing the plugins and the nwe channels.

~Pix64
Old 05-21-2010, 08:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

Just watched a Netflix movie with your plugin and it worked great! I know you are having issues with fast forward and all that, but is there anyway to restart a movie? I started another one and it's halfway through, someone else must have watched some of it...so it picks up at that point. I'll try using the player on my laptop to reset the bookmark or whatever it uses..but a way to restart the movie would be cool. I'm sure there's lots you wanna do though...great plugin! I think this will get a lot of use in our house, and I can't wait for all the little tweaks.
Bedrooms: Toshiba 32" LCD 1080p
Customizations: Pheonix | Web Server

www.jiff.net
Old 05-22-2010, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

EDIT: I reinstalled the plugin and it works. Carry on!

Hi, I just updated to stv7 and I installed this plugin. It seems whatever I do it cannot find any videos. This worked no problem in the past with stv6.

The log gives me the following:

Code:
Welcome to UPnPBrowser v1.0 (Built on 11:15:28.50 04-13-2010 )! (Sat May 22 07:24:11 2010
  + Path: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs
  + Checking: (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs)
  + Checking: (C:\Program Files\SageTV)
  + Checking: (C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)
  + Found SageTV Dir: (C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)
    - SageTV Version: (SageTV V7.0.9.230)
    - STV Version   : (2009120901)
  + Checking for feed updates
  ! Failed to get UPnPBrowser.FeedVersions.txt, skipping updates
  + Parsing switches
    - optionsString: 
  + /mainMenu : Printing available UPnP Servers
    - Device: PlayOn (SHINKANSEN)(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.PlayOn (SHINKANSEN).cache)
    - Device: ()
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser..cache)
    + Execution time: 00:00:04
Any ideas why it can't find videos?

Last edited by herrdude; 05-22-2010 at 05:45 AM.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:37 AM
Sage Icon

EP,

I'm trying to use this plugin and it works sort of. It turned out that I had two computers running Playon on my network from when I was doing initial testing. One was my laptop and that's what the plugin was seeing. But it's a laptop and I don't want it to run from there. I uninstalled from my laptop and it's still not seeing the server. I restarted the Sage service and still it won't see it. The log is attached:

Code:
Welcome to UPnPBrowser v1.0 (Built on 11:15:28.50 04-13-2010 )! (Sat May 22 08:36:37 2010
  + Path: C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs
  + Checking: (C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\SageOnlineServicesEXEs)
  + Checking: (C:\Program Files\SageTV)
  + Checking: (C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)
  + Found SageTV Dir: (C:/Program Files/SageTV/SageTV)
    - SageTV Version: (SageTV V7.0.9.230)
    - STV Version   : (2009111701)
  + Checking for feed updates
  ! Failed to get UPnPBrowser.FeedVersions.txt, skipping updates
  + Parsing switches
    - optionsString: 
  + /mainMenu : Printing available UPnP Servers
    - Device: HDHomeRun 1011E769(urn:silicondust-com:device:hdhomerun:HDHR-US)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.HDHomeRun 1011E769.cache)
    - Device: HDHomeRun 10176821(urn:silicondust-com:device:hdhomerun:HDHR-US)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.HDHomeRun 10176821.cache)
    - Device: HDHomeRun 1013465E(urn:silicondust-com:device:hdhomerun:HDHR-US)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.HDHomeRun 1013465E.cache)
    - Device: ()
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser..cache)
    - Device: CASEY: Casey:(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.CASEY: Casey:.cache)
    - Device: BRIAN-PC: brian:(urn:schemas-upnp-org:device:MediaServer:1)
      + Geneating Cache: (UPnPBrowser.BRIAN-PC: brian:.cache)
    + Execution time: 00:00:04
Old 05-22-2010, 01:00 PM
Sage Icon

By the way my server name is server and it is running WHS if that matters.
Old 05-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Sage Icon

I can't seem to get any South Park episodes to playback... I get this error:

There was an error playing
C:\windows\temp\online3212343214324.flv:
ERROR (-2): Files selectd for playback are no longer on disk

Any ideas?
Old 05-22-2010, 07:19 PM
Sage Advanced User

lost some TV channels

On my sagetv 6 install i had ABC, NBC, FOx and many other options on the online services window with the different shows available for these channels. now all i have is hulu and have lost the networks...any thoughts of what i am doing wrong??..i remember that there was an updated file for the previous installation that had the scripts for the different shows...
Old 05-22-2010, 09:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericft View Post
On my sagetv 6 install i had ABC, NBC, FOx and many other options on the online services window with the different shows available for these channels. now all i have is hulu and have lost the networks...any thoughts of what i am doing wrong??..i remember that there was an updated file for the previous installation that had the scripts for the different shows...
Read the usage instructions in the first post, this plugin is used differently than the old one.

Although, i'll probably bring back the Network shortcuts at some point, those were handy.

Old 05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Sage Fanatic

I had never used PlayOn but installed V7 yesterday and thought I'd give it a shot. I think there may be some issues with this or maybe it is just my setup?

Anway, I'm running a P4 3.4 with 4 gig of ram.

I downloaded and setup PlayOn today. I can get to my Netflix account and see Hulu, etc. so no problem there. However, the picture quality of both Netflix and Hulu was very poor... much less than just SD cable that I normally watch. I went into PlayOn and noticed a setting having to do with quality that was set to AUTO. I set this first to MAX but had a lot of stuttering. I then changed it to HIGH and still had a lot of stuttering but did notice the quality improved significantly... but the stuttering was so bad that it was unwatchable. I backed out of all this and just went back to normal live TV. I noticed that now my live TV was stuttering and the progressing through the menus was much slower. I closed Sage and restarted but it didn't fix the problem. I rebooted and the problem was fixed with normal live TV and menu navagation. I then went back into the UPnP and PlayOn and it slowed the system way down again and, again, everything else in Sage as well as on my computer was very slow. Had to reboot again and that fixed the problem. Seems like each time I go into PlayOn it kills the performance of my system until I reboot.

One thing of note is that the first time I went into PlayOn I got a Framework NET type error. I continued past the error and it has not come up again.

Also, some other odd behavior, is that more than 1/2 the time when I was trying to watch something on Hulu, the Sage window (set to full screen) minimized. I had to click on Sage in the taskbar with my mouse to make it go full screen. Another thing with Hulu (and I think this happened with Netflix as well) is that the video appears to lock up at the initial buffering screen but it really isn't... I just have to hit the "Play" button on my remote and then it starts.

Not sure if these are bugs or if I have something wrong with my setup which this doesn't like? Just thought I'd report what I was experiencing. Thanks for the great work! I'll be upgrading to V7 primarily because of the great plugins which are available and the ease of now installing them Thanks!
Old 05-23-2010, 11:43 AM
Sage Advanced User

where to put playon?

what would folks recommend? i have a sagetv server C2d e7500 2.93ghz and a WHS q6600 quad core..which one should i put playon on? So far i have playon back on the sage server but wondering if it would load/play higher def Hulu and netflix if it was streaming from a different computer, ie the WHS.

i know, i should be using WHs for the sage server but it was giving me so many problems with HD-PVR lockups which went away when i transfered my sage system to the win7 PC. thanks EP for a wonderful plugin and can't wait for those network shortcuts...they seemed to play shows better than hulu
Old 05-23-2010, 06:11 PM
Sage User

[QUOTE=evilpenguin;425552]This might a SageTV problem with the temp files. Can you force the failure, shutdown sage, and then post your sagetv_0.txt

I can't seem to repeat the problem consistently enough now.