SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV v7 Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV v7 Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV version 7 application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss plugins for SageTV version 7 and newer.

Old 02-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Will do! - Thanks for the quick reply, john
Old 02-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

Losing a few seconds of show before comskip in playback

Hi guys,
Love comskip, but I've been having trouble losing the last few seconds of the show before a commercial. Much earlier in this thread I read:

Originally Posted by RandyJohnson
Sometimes the commercial skip seems to abruptly cut off a small part of the program just prior to the commercial.

And the reply by John:
Randy, there are some settings in the Comskip Playback Options to adjust how soon to skip after the time a commercial is flagged.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to see or make adjustments to the comskip Playback Options.

Please give me a clue. Thanks much!
(Tried looking through comskip.ini but didn't find anything obvious, and couldn't find anything that seemed to apply to comskip playback.)
Old 02-26-2011, 12:46 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by metapath View Post
Hi guys,
Love comskip, but I've been having trouble losing the last few seconds of the show before a commercial. Much earlier in this thread I read:

Originally Posted by RandyJohnson
Sometimes the commercial skip seems to abruptly cut off a small part of the program just prior to the commercial.

And the reply by John:
Randy, there are some settings in the Comskip Playback Options to adjust how soon to skip after the time a commercial is flagged.

But for the life of me I can't figure out how to see or make adjustments to the comskip Playback Options.

Please give me a clue. Thanks much!
(Tried looking through comskip.ini but didn't find anything obvious, and couldn't find anything that seemed to apply to comskip playback.)
In Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Comskip Playback Options -> Operation, set Time Scaling to false (or disabled, can't remember). This is a problem with the way sage 'massages' the timeline numbers to make, say, a 59min45sec recording (due to slow tuning time) seem like a full 60 minute recording. It throws off comskip playback. This option disables that scaling, allowing more accurate comskip playback performance.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 02-26-2011, 01:14 PM
Sage Icon

Also in Detailed Setup -> Customize -> Comskip Playback Options -> Operation is Commercial Start Delay and Commercial Stop Delay the control. I have both mine set to 0.2

John
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroBox View Post
Awesome, I will take a look at that... kind of forgot about the .ini file in favor of a plugin feature, but that makes a lot more sense. I will try it tonight; thanks!
Did you ever discover the ini settings that tells comskip to ignore the first or last x minutes of a show? I'm tired of missing scenes from the next episode of...
Old 02-26-2011, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Any idea what is causing these 'Unknown:Unknown" entries are coming from?

I even uninstalled the whole Commercial Detector "shebang".

This was the screen that showed up in the queued.

I am also curious what is meant by "select the value?"

Thanks in advance..

Randy
Attached Images
File Type: png CommercialDetector.png (126.6 KB, 182 views)
Tuners: (4) HDHomeRun Dual (8-clear QAM), (1) Hauppauge 1600 (analog), (4) r5000 Dishnetwork VIP 211
Sources: Wichita Kansas OTA, Cox Digital clear QAM, Cox Analog, Dishnetwork
Old 02-27-2011, 05:07 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyJohnson View Post
Any idea what is causing these 'Unknown:Unknown" entries are coming from?

I even uninstalled the whole Commercial Detector "shebang".

This was the screen that showed up in the queued.

I am also curious what is meant by "select the value?"

Thanks in advance..

Randy
Randy,

I have no idea why you are getting the <unknown> title and episode, you may want to clear the CommercialDetector queue to see if that helps. To do that go to the CommercialDetector directory and delete the CommercialDetector.DB file.

The "select a value" message is due to the fact that I am using one of the sage Plugin API's in a way that it's not intended to be used. (I'm using an API that is normally used to get user input.) I could get rid of that message but I'm too lazy

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM
Sage Advanced User

Does uninstalling the plugin also remove the database?

My guess is no as I did that when I first saw the "unknown" entries.

I will delete the database.

Randy
Tuners: (4) HDHomeRun Dual (8-clear QAM), (1) Hauppauge 1600 (analog), (4) r5000 Dishnetwork VIP 211
Sources: Wichita Kansas OTA, Cox Digital clear QAM, Cox Analog, Dishnetwork
Old 03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks!

I found the Comskip operations menu under Setup / Detailed Setup and mentioned above.

Thank you all...will report back if this doesn't do it, but I'm sure it will.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:35 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeclad View Post
Did you ever discover the ini settings that tells comskip to ignore the first or last x minutes of a show? I'm tired of missing scenes from the next episode of...
Bueller..... bueller.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Quote:
Bueller..... bueller.
from the comskip.txt file in the comskip installation folder that explains all the settings (make the settings in the comskip.ini file)
Code:
always_keep_first_seconds=0	
;Any commercial at the start shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
always_keep_last_seconds=0	
;Any commercial at the end shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
Check out TVExplorer
Old 03-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by razrsharpe View Post
from the comskip.txt file in the comskip installation folder that explains all the settings (make the settings in the comskip.ini file)
Code:
always_keep_first_seconds=0	
;Any commercial at the start shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
always_keep_last_seconds=0	
;Any commercial at the end shorter then this amount of seconds will be regarded as show
Thanks , I'll give this a shot!
Old 03-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Sage Advanced User

I apologize if this question has been asked, or reflects profound ignorance on my part

I'm running with an HD300 extender. I set the Commercial start and stop delay to .2 on the server. On the HD300 they show as zero.

Which set are used, HD300 or the ones on the server?
Old 03-09-2011, 12:40 AM
Sage Icon

They're set on a per client basis, so you'll need to set them on your extender too.

John
Old 03-09-2011, 09:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
They're set on a per client basis, so you'll need to set them on your extender too.

John
Thanks - Would you happen to know how to enter a decimal, i.e. .2, in delay options I mention?
Old 03-09-2011, 11:35 AM
Sage Icon

Does that setting appear in the extender .properties file? You might be able to set it there.

P
Old 03-09-2011, 11:46 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjames View Post
Thanks - Would you happen to know how to enter a decimal, i.e. .2, in delay options I mention?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polypro View Post
Does that setting appear in the extender .properties file? You might be able to set it there.
You're right you can't set it on an extender. I'll look at fixing that.

You can set it in the extenders .properties file

commercial_start_delay_ms=200
commercial_stop_delay_ms=200

John
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks guys for he help.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:35 PM
Sage User

Having trouble with mkv files not being recognized. My mpeg2 files work fine.

When I select the mkv file, inside Sage, there's no option to run comskip manually on it like there is with mpeg2.

If I look in the Playback options, to scan for files, it finds 1 job but if I check the queue it shows nothing.

mkv is set as one of the extensions in Playback options. Also if I convert an mpeg2 to mkv the mkv can use the mpeg2's comskip info.
I'm using the donators comskip but I don't think that has anything to do with it. I'm also running Sage 7.15. That may have something to do with it but I don't see why

Thanks!
Old 03-12-2011, 07:36 PM
SageTVaholic

AFAIK comskip only works on mpeg2 files and if you have the donator's verison h.264 .ts format files. mkv is not supported. comskip them before you convert them to mkv.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.