SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

View Poll Results: Where would YOU put Sage's improvement priorities?
Develop and implement a more advanced recording system to eliminate the 'pause' on show-chage. 77 24.14%
Develop a flashier, more graphically intensive UI. 117 36.68%
Implement a CableCard capable DRM option to enable a simpler cable-based setup. 126 39.50%
Improve the BluRay playback capabilities (PC client playback, add title selection capabilities) 75 23.51%
Improve the music/video library system. 110 34.48%
Complete the 'Server-on-a-stick' initiative, making a more 'off-the-shelf' friendly system. 31 9.72%
Create an official plugin installer system, and online plugin catalog. 100 31.35%
Improve International EPG configuration/sourcing. 19 5.96%
Other needs - comment below. 31 9.72%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 319. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-08-2010, 11:39 AM
SageTVaholic

It sounds like the improved UI is coming in v7. So I voted for some kind of cablecard support. (DRM or not) Even though my HDPVR works perfectly fine it would be nice to be able to change the channel directly on the cablecard (or other cablecard-type device coming further on down the road) than having to utilize the settop box from the cable company. Also hoping that cablecard would not have some of the drawbacks of hdpvr. (Sensitivity to signal or audio, speed of tuning, etc.)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-12-2010, 07:14 AM
Sage Advanced User

Would like to see a favorites screen

I would like a 'home' screen where I could put favorites,

For example

1) Music Put my favorite albums under it
2) recordings Put my favorite shows linking (like hyperlink) to recorded shows
3) I would have a favorite to online like Weather

Putting 15 - 20 favorites would be good -- Like hyper links
Old 05-19-2010, 05:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Current Results:
92 Develop a flashier, more graphically intensive UI.
79 Implement a CableCard capable DRM option to enable a simpler cable-based setup.
74 Create an official plugin installer system, and online plugin catalog.
69 Improve the music/video library system.
58 Develop and implement a more advanced recording system to eliminate the 'pause' on show-chage.
44 Improve the BluRay playback capabilities (PC client playback, add title selection capabilities)
21 Other needs - comment below. (lots of DVB Radio requests)
13 Complete the 'Server-on-a-stick' initiative, making a more 'off-the-shelf' friendly system
11 Improve International EPG configuration/sourcing.

RED entries are those that are partially or fully addressed in the version 7 beta being released tomorrow.

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 05-19-2010, 05:12 PM
SageTVaholic

I don't know about you, but I get the feeling the guys working at SageTV really do listen to their users - just reading through this thread of user priorities and the SageTV7 feature list is telling. And deliver when they can too. The CableCard thing is really the only big one missing -and they've actually submitted to the FCC to address their concerns on that too. As a user of SageTV I'm pretty pleased
Old 05-19-2010, 07:30 PM
Sage Aficionado

Yeah, I am a big fan of how responsive they are, even on the little things. I hope the new version works great they deserve some accolades for having such a great product and being truly responsive to their community!

I don't even mind paying for the upgrade and I already have two licenses.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

The responsiveness looks like a HUGE improvement and I can't wait to see this in action.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:53 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
The responsiveness looks like a HUGE improvement and I can't wait to see this in action.
I don't think I would quite phrase it that way. I think Sage has always been responsive to their customers. I think they had been looking at reworking some of these requests for a while. They realized it was a load of work and probably needed to prioritize what needed to be done, who could work on it and also have resources for maintaining what was out there. The fact the Sage TV 7 was so long in beta sort of attests to this. I'm very happy with the feature set this time around and look forward to more. I think momentum towards Sage development will begin to snowball now with all the core work that has been done in SageTV 7.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by medwynd View Post
I assumed medwynd was referring to how quickly the interface responds to user interaction, but others seem to think we are talking about how quickly Sage react to user feedback(?)

I thought we were talking about the former and I too was looking forward to improvement. Well, I've just installed the beta and watched this new responsiveness in action on both HD100s and on MediaMVPs. I didn't notice any great change on the HD100s but the MediaMVPs are now truly, awfully slow - several seconds to move between menu items. Playback of live TV, recorded TV and Video on both types of extender is perfectly ok, it's just getting there which is a complete PITA on the MVPs.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fac13 View Post
I assumed medwynd was referring to how quickly the interface responds to user interaction, but others seem to think we are talking about how quickly Sage react to user feedback(?)
That's how I interpreted medwynd's comments. He wasn't attacking sage for responsiveness.

Fac13, you need send those MVP's out to pasture! lol, I still have one too.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrems View Post
They ARE out to pasture - in the kitchen and the guest bedroom

But seriously, the speed of the MVP interface is unusably slow now. For example, when you press "down" to move from one menu selection to the one below you see a rather nice fade-in-fade-out transition on the HD100s, but on the MVPs you get to see the whole thing in ghastly slow-motion. It's so slow that at first I thought there was a separate, indeterminate, grey, mid position between the main menu items.

I have reverted to SageMC for the MVPs, which seems to works as well as before, but you have to keep acknowledging prompts about the version mismatch.
Old 05-20-2010, 01:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
That's how I interpreted medwynd's comments. He wasn't attacking sage for responsiveness.
If that's the case my bad and sorry for my comment. I didn't realize performance was being judged before the beta was out.

Gerry
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I have reverted to SageMC for the MVPs, which seems to works as well as before, but you have to keep acknowledging prompts about the version mismatch.
Load up SageMC pre-release 24. That fixes the version prompt for V7. You can find the pre-release announcement thread in the Customization Announcements forum. At some point soon I'll make a few more tweaks for V7 and get SageMC into the plugin repository.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
They ARE out to pasture - in the kitchen and the guest bedroomI have reverted to SageMC for the MVPs, which seems to works as well as before, but you have to keep acknowledging prompts about the version mismatch.
My lone, remaining Hauppauge MVP (SD version) is sort of out to pasture as well. Which means its in the unfinished basement "laboratory" where I do mods, create digital photo frames, test some other HTPC & etc software etc etc. Still works great, but turn off all animations and as MeinMaui said update SageMC if your running SageTV 7 on the server.
Old 05-20-2010, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Load up SageMC pre-release 24. That fixes the version prompt for V7.
Yes, I installed the pre-release STV and the accompanying Phoenix jar and now my priceless antiques are up and running again!

Thanks Mike.
Old 05-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Exactly, I was responding to the responsiveness of the new user interface not any communications or lack there of with the powers that be at Sage. I can see the confusion though with like all these different conversations going on at once

Last edited by medwynd; 05-20-2010 at 03:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 AM
Sage Expert

I spend most of my time, watching series and having to slog through the limited sorting to find what I want is painful. I really want more flexibility on how recordings are presented and sorted. A single sort and grouping that applies to all is inadequate. I want movies in their own group (which I seem to have lost with v7???) sub-sorted by title; shows sorted by user (or a priority that I assign), then grouped into shows, with each show sorted by original air date.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q9650 @4025 MHz, 8G G.Skill Performance
DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS Plus; SilverStone Decathlon DA1000 (died - back to an ancient enermax)
eVGA 7900 GT KO RoHS -- Zalman VP900CU Cooling
Synology NAS 22TB
Old 05-24-2010, 11:12 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidk21770 View Post
I spend most of my time, watching series and having to slog through the limited sorting to find what I want is painful. I really want more flexibility on how recordings are presented and sorted. A single sort and grouping that applies to all is inadequate. I want movies in their own group (which I seem to have lost with v7???) sub-sorted by title; shows sorted by user (or a priority that I assign), then grouped into shows, with each show sorted by original air date.
the malore recordings screen has not really been touched yet. the loss of the movies category seems to have been a victim of sage 7's work.. I'm guessing it will come back when Andy and friends get to working on updating the Malore screens.

In my mind, I'd rather move the movies out of recording alltogether, and have them show up in a separate screen (like movie wall, or whatever comes along).

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
the malore recordings screen has not really been touched yet. the loss of the movies category seems to have been a victim of sage 7's work.. I'm guessing it will come back when Andy and friends get to working on updating the Malore screens.
There is no loss of the movie group on the malore menus; the malore menus work the same as in v6. (And currently look just about the same as in v6.)

The difference is that several people used to the malore menus are now using the default SageTV Recordings menu and that menu does not put movies into their own grouping.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-24-2010, 11:24 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
There is no loss of the movie group on the malore menus; the malore menus work the same as in v6. (And currently look just about the same as in v6.)

The difference is that several people used to the malore menus are now using the default SageTV Recordings menu and that menu does not put movies into their own grouping.

- Andy
Gotcha.. okay, i haven't really played with 7 yet, so i was going off wht had been said around here... that'll teach me..

Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Crusher View Post
Make Sage multi-user and parent friendly.

Recorded series should be tagged by different users and won't auto delete until all users have set watched.
Yes, wasn't even listed. I would much prefer a mult-user or multi-system setup where the watched flag and things like that can be global and system specific. This would be awesome. Often times family members watch shows or don't watch shows and it is impossible for anyone to tell who has watched a show that can be deleted.

Multi user would be great.