SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-20-2010, 10:22 AM
Sage Aficionado

Copying Channel Lineup

Are the channel lineups for a tuner stored in human-readable form somewhere within the Sage configuration files?

I need to uninstall and re-install my HDPVR as a tuner, and I'd like to minimize the hassle of re-enabling/disabling a large number of channels (the HDPVR setup process can't do an automatic check for channels, at least in the current version of Sage). If I had access to my current channel configuration I could do the reconfiguring much faster.
Old 04-20-2010, 02:32 PM
Sage User

That information is stored in the sage.properties file. Specifically in a section that starts with 'epg_data_sources'.

I *think* Sage will save this information for you so that when you remove/add your tuner, the same settings should apply. That is, as long as you choose the same options for that source. Don't quote me on that, though, better to be safe and back up your properties file.
Old 04-20-2010, 03:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

I can certainly back up and restore the property file, or even just part of it.

But I've taken a look at the epg_data_sources section, and it isn't obvious to me how the information is being stored...which makes me somewhat hesitant to "just" restore it.
Old 04-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have uninstalled and reinstalled tuners a number of times and the channel source/channels/etc have always been there when I reinstalled. Unless you have a reason to get rid of the current properties file and start afresh then the data will be there waiting for you. Just backup the properties files for good measure.

If I had to trash my properties files and start a new one I would have copied anything starting with epg and channels (the latter depending on what it relates to) from the backup copy. I have never tried it but I have a feeling that it will work as well.
Main Server: Intel Core i5 Processor i5-670, MSI Motherboard H57M-ED65, Corsair 4 GB PC3-12800, Intel 320 Series 160 GB SSD, Western Digital 150 GB VelociRaptor, LIAN-LI PC-C36B Case, Vista 64 Home Premium, JavaHeap = 1,200. +Network Encoder.
Storage: HP487 with 37.5TB of storage.
Extenders: x2 HD300 x6 HD200.
Tuners: Hauppauge HVR-1950 USB x3, USBIRT.
Adds-in:Many!.
Others: Sony BDVE500W, OPPO HM-31 dvanced HDMI 1.3 1080p Switch, Harmony One.